USMB Coffee Shop IV

I sure was happy to visit both my hair cutter and my pedicurist.

I havenā€™t used the former in decades and have never used the latter. :lol:
After I had my lengthy locks shorn I found more regular maintenance was required to keep the mop out of my face. The pedicurist is a necessity if I don't want to click on the floor like my dog does because my hips will not flex enough to allow me to maintain my tarsal claws unaided.
My lengthy locks initially succumbed to my DNA...... Originally my Indian side wanted scalp my European side but the European genes won out resulting in a receding hairline that left me with a Ben Franklin style....... Finally got tired of that and now I just use my Wahl electric clippers and buzz cut every couple of weeks.
Sometimes I do consider dunking my head in a bucket of Nair so I don't have to worry about it....... :eusa_whistle:

You mean India ~ British Empire?
No, Injun, dirty, savage redskin mixed with genocidal, conquering honky............

Eaw7s5tXgAA9Q-2.jpg

I read this week that Dr. Faucci has now recommended that schools reopen. But the question remains whether the students should wear masks at school. Some thoughts (not mine but just some thoughts) of how masks might work out in elementary school:

Please donā€™t snap Billy's mask in his face.

Your mask is not a necklace, bracelet, or any other form of jewelry.

You should not be using your mask as a slingshot. Please put it back on your face.

Please do not chew on your mask.

Your mask should be on your face, not on the back of your head

Iā€™m sorry your mask is wet, but that's what happens when you lick the inside of it.

Iā€™m sorry you sneezed. Here's a tissue. Wipe out the snot as well as you can.

No, you may not blow your nose in your mask.

Why is your mask soaking wet? You just came back from the bathroom?
And you put it back on your face after you dropped it?

Iā€™m sorry you broke the elastic on your mask by seeing how far the band would stretch. Now you'll have to hold the mask on your face ... or use this duct tape.

Please take the mask off your eyes and watch where you're walking. I donā€™t care if you have X-ray vision.

Please take the mask off of your pencil and stop twirling it.

I know the mask fits over your pants like a knee pad, but please take it off of your leg and put it on your face.

What do you mean you tried to eat your lunch through your mask?

Please don't share your mask or trade masks. I donā€™t care if you like Ingrid's mask better than yours.

Iā€™m sorry, but your mask is not school appropriate.

We're not comparing our masks to other kids' masksā€¦ everyoneā€™s mask is unique and special.

No, you may not decorate your mask instead of doing your work. I donā€™t care if you have a Sharpie.

You're not a pirate, please take your mask off your eye.

Try to get the gum off as much as you can.

Please don't use your mask to pick your nose.

Iā€™m sorry you tripped, but thatā€™s what happens when you put your feet inside the elastic of your mask.

No, your mask doesn't make it hard to get your work done.

Your Mom will need to get you a new mask since you chewed a hole in that one.

Why is there a shoe print on your mask?

No, you cannot eat the snow through your mask.

I donā€™t care if you were in art class and being creative; we do not decorate our masks.

We do not beam other kids in the face with balls. No, their masks donā€™t make it not hurt.

Please don't plug your nose holes with your mask.

Who's making that noise?

Iā€™m sorry your ponytail is stuck, thatā€™s what happens when you see how many times you can wrap it around your mask.

Iā€™m sorry to tell you, but your child thought her mask made her a superhero. She tried to fly off the jungle gym at recess ā€¦

Iā€™m sorry your breath stinks in your mask, maybe we should all try to brush better.

Please take those cookies out of your mask. No, you are not a chipmunk.
My wife is a first grade teacher. Her school are debating this issue. I believe masks will not be mandatory.

I hope that is the decision just because of the futility of putting masks on the kids. The risk to children is so small that it wouldn't help much, and that list, while of course humorous, is humorous because it speaks so much truth.

The dog I grew up with, and was my only dowry when Hombre and I married, was a lot smaller than that one. But he grew up with and loved the cats. And many times I would see kittens cuddled up with him or sleeping on top of him. The mama cats would come get him to 'baby sit' when they wanted to go hunt. The tom cats were often not friendly to the babies but the dog kept them at bay.

I sure was happy to visit both my hair cutter and my pedicurist.

I havenā€™t used the former in decades and have never used the latter. :lol:
After I had my lengthy locks shorn I found more regular maintenance was required to keep the mop out of my face. The pedicurist is a necessity if I don't want to click on the floor like my dog does because my hips will not flex enough to allow me to maintain my tarsal claws unaided.
My lengthy locks initially succumbed to my DNA...... Originally my Indian side wanted scalp my European side but the European genes won out resulting in a receding hairline that left me with a Ben Franklin style....... Finally got tired of that and now I just use my Wahl electric clippers and buzz cut every couple of weeks.
Sometimes I do consider dunking my head in a bucket of Nair so I don't have to worry about it....... :eusa_whistle:

You mean India ~ British Empire?

No. Here in New Mexico most of our resident Native Americans still refer to themselves as Indians, and so we refer to them that way too. Many different tribes represented in our area so "Indian food" may or may not be of the Asian variety around here.

Indian fry bread is a special treat and delicacy here--we all make it but it never tastes quite as good as it does when the Indians make it.

Hi everyone.
Sorry I haven't posted since Feb.
Mr. P put up a good fight but too many complications, one after another, just too many and it wore him down.
He passed away yesterday afternoon.
I have now joined the many here in the widows club.
Don't worry about me, I have good friends taking care of me with lots of love and support.
I'm taking a few months off from posting, but I will come back when I feel ready to do so.
One chapter of my life has ended and a new one begins.

Take care everybody I miss you all .
As Schwarzenegger said I'll be back.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
Mr. P put up a good fight but too many complications, one after another, just too many and it wore him down.
Don't worry about me, I have good friends taking care of me with lots of love and support.
I'm taking a few months off from posting, but I will come back when I feel ready to do so.

I'm so sorry peach. I'm glad you have support during this time. Take care of yourself, remember all the good times with Mr. P. :itsok: :huddle:

Unfortunately I don't feel very well now
I've got a severe headache that increases with coughing and movement!
I think I'm going to sleep :(
See you next time :smiliehug:

Oh my, that sounds like COVID-19 symptoms possibly. Do take care and feel better Corazon.
Hi Foxfyre :)
thanks for your message! :adoreheart:
I feel better now, no headache. But I've spent two days in bed....always with headache :omg:
I called my doctor but he don't want to visit because of the virus and the lockdown...he just answers the phone (he told me to take some paracetamol) :(

Hi everyone.

Peach, there are no words. I was afraid when you went so long without checking in here. You are such a special person and Mr. P must have been awesome for you to have loved him so. You do need time to grieve. So many have lost their life companions over the years but it never gets easier. Know that you remain in my prayers and I'm sure those of many. We hope hope hope you will return.

Hi Foxfyre :)
thanks for your message! :adoreheart:
I feel better now, no headache. But I've spent two days in bed....always with headache :omg:
I called my doctor but he don't want to visit because of the virus and the lockdown...he just answers the phone (he told me to take some paracetamol) :(

So good to hear you're feeling better, and I hope you are able to get tested soon. I think it quite possible you did have the virus and it would be good to know that if that was the case. At least if they determine that having it gives us immunity.

In March, I had three or so days with a bad headache--bad enough I needed to take pain relievers and one day of a slight sore throat. I am one that almost never has headaches. The following week or so Hombre had the same thing and he too almost never has headaches. I didn't have a thermometer then so don't know if we had a fever.

The symptoms passed and it was after that they started really describing symptoms. And now we wonder if he had the virus. Most people who get it do have fairly short lived and non life threatening symptoms. We've not been tested either though so until we are, we won't know.

I didn't get in here at all Friday night or all day yesterday. Complications of real life but nothing really serious, so won't bore everybody with the details. But happy ya'll keep the place running. :)

Father's Day and 34 year wedding anniversary mmm .. and usually the first day of summer..

So far, this day is going great.... :)

.. a Vegas wedding then when she was absolutely sure (4 children ) she insisted on a Church wedding... :laugh:

Last edited:
Peach, there are no words. I was afraid when you went so long without checking in here. You are such a special person and Mr. P must have been awesome for you to have loved him so. You do need time to grieve. So many have lost their life companions over the years but it never gets easier. Know that you remain in my prayers and I'm sure those of many. We hope hope hope you will return.

Don't worry, I will come back.
I enjoy this place very much. :)
Right now there is so much to do and take care of.
He was a wonderful Husband and I shall miss him greatly. He told me to continue to enjoy life and that's what I'm doing.

Don't worry, I will come back.
I enjoy this place very much. :)
Right now there is so much to do and take care of.
He was a wonderful Husband and I shall miss him greatly. He told me to continue to enjoy life and that's what I'm doing.

That's a great attitude Peach and that's what I would hope and pray my darlin wife would do as well.

Forum List

Back