USMB Coffee Shop IV

Father's Day and 34 year wedding anniversary mmm .. and usually the first day of summer..

So far, this day is going great.... :)

.. a Vegas wedding then when she was absolutely sure (4 children ) she insisted on a Church wedding... :laugh:

LOL. Do you celebrate both anniversaries? My sister & bro-in-law (RIP) eloped to marry as my mother was adamant she shouldn't marry a Catholic and his mother was just as adamant he shouldn't marry a Protestant. Then they got married in our family Protestant church to make my family happy and then again in his hometown Catholic church to make his family happy. Three marriages, three anniversaries. But the marriage lasted 50+ years.

Hi everyone.
Sorry I haven't posted since Feb.
Mr. P put up a good fight but too many complications, one after another, just too many and it wore him down.
He passed away yesterday afternoon.
I have now joined the many here in the widows club.
Don't worry about me, I have good friends taking care of me with lots of love and support.
I'm taking a few months off from posting, but I will come back when I feel ready to do so.
One chapter of my life has ended and a new one begins.

Take care everybody I miss you all .
As Schwarzenegger said I'll be back.
Most heartfelt condolences, Peach. It's been a long battle for you and Mr. Peach. I have full confidence that you will bounce back and still cherish your memories. You are so strong.

LOL. Do you celebrate both anniversaries? My sister & bro-in-law (RIP) eloped to marry as my mother was adamant she shouldn't marry a Catholic and his mother was just as adamant he shouldn't marry a Protestant. Then they got married in our family Protestant church to make my family happy and then again in his hometown Catholic church to make his family happy. Three marriages, three anniversaries. But the marriage lasted 50+ years.

Funny thing, yesterday my wife reminded me that my youngest daughter was christened on that,"church wedding day" as well and I had to upgrade the child count to 4.

So nope, the June 21st date stuck probably because I'm lousy at remembering dates (first day of summer is easy to remember) and Kath (I call her Doll) let me get away with it. Basically, I was all in on the first marriage and eternity was included but I guess she, let's say we .. wanted a guarantee.

I'm officially an Episcopalian and Doll is Catholic. For us it was, hey, we're getting married in Las Vegas and we'd love for you to show up and celebrate, dinner and fun times to follow.

The competition between organized religions is a tricky subject and confusing to me yet my sense is that if we follow the righteous path things will naturally work out.

Hi everyone.
Mr. P put up a good fight but too many complications, one after another, just too many and it wore him down.
Don't worry about me, I have good friends taking care of me with lots of love and support.
I'm taking a few months off from posting, but I will come back when I feel ready to do so.

Oh Peach, I'm so sorry for your loss. May God grant you the peace that passes all understanding.

Hi Foxfyre :)
thanks for your message! :adoreheart:
I feel better now, no headache. But I've spent two days in bed....always with headache :omg:
I called my doctor but he don't want to visit because of the virus and the lockdown...he just answers the phone (he told me to take some paracetamol) :(

So good to hear you're feeling better, and I hope you are able to get tested soon. I think it quite possible you did have the virus and it would be good to know that if that was the case. At least if they determine that having it gives us immunity.

In March, I had three or so days with a bad headache--bad enough I needed to take pain relievers and one day of a slight sore throat. I am one that almost never has headaches. The following week or so Hombre had the same thing and he too almost never has headaches. I didn't have a thermometer then so don't know if we had a fever.

The symptoms passed and it was after that they started really describing symptoms. And now we wonder if he had the virus. Most people who get it do have fairly short lived and non life threatening symptoms. We've not been tested either though so until we are, we won't know.
Thanks Foxfyre! :smiliehug:
When I had those severe headaches I was worried about the virus...luckily it looks like everything is ok now!
I don't know if I will be tested in the near future because my doctor is too much...lazy....lol
He doesn't want to visit...I think he's taking advantage of the lockdown to work the least possible :eek:

Hi everyone.

My condolences peach174 :icon_cry:

Just about panicked. Logged into USMB per usual, and the Icon I use takes me immediately to the Coffee Shop. But just now I was obviously logged in with everything showing as normal, but only got a message "The page you requested is not found."

My immediate thought was Ack!!! They've deleted the Coffee Shop! But luckily I don't easily take no or you can't do that for an answer. :)

I've had a couple of interviews and went to a pre-employment test at another place, but so far I'm still looking for a job. I expected to find out about one before today, but I'm still waiting; it would be good as far as schedule and location, and acceptable for salary.

It turns out I actually got a job offer from USPS, but it came via email right as I was getting everything packed up and moving. They only give you a few days to reply, and oddly enough, while they sent quite a few emails to me about it, I think the second one was both a reminder I had an offer and a notice that the offer was rescinded. Luckily it was for a job I probably shouldn't have applied for anyway: a lot of manual labor, they describe it as arduous physical activity. I don't mind manual labor, but I'm not a big guy, nor all that young anymore, so I don't know how well I'd have done in the position. Still, it might have been good to take it, tough it out for a year, and hope to use it to transition to another position. I still have a number of postal applications in, so we'll see how those go.

So far things are going pretty well here otherwise. The pets all like me. Actually, the female dog likes me too much; she's been licking me like crazy the past week. I'm on a daytime sleep schedule and have been fine with that, although my lady does go to sleep earlier than I do and gets up a bit earlier. The weather is, of course, hot and humid, but it's cold in the house. :lol: I need to get my FL license and registration, but I don't have the proper address verification yet. I'm still waiting for the usual postal packet you get when you change your address, and although I was able to get FL car insurance, it hasn't been processed on the website so I can't print out anything from that. None of the bills are in my name here, so I can't use those. I also have to have an appointment to get a license (no walk-ins) and the earliest I could get was July 14. I might be able to go into the next county and just walk in to the DMV there.

The internet here isn't great, sadly. It's all wireless and the router is in a poor location, but there aren't any other places wired for it. I may end up seeing if I can move it around a bit, or even run a long ethernet cable clipped along the ceiling or something to get it into a better location.

Just thought I'd give a little update. The board is continuing to be filled with garbage lately. The various issues in the country have not brought out the best in posters here. If you don't hear from me much, it's because I'm just not coming here as often. ;)

I've had a couple of interviews and went to a pre-employment test at another place, but so far I'm still looking for a job. I expected to find out about one before today, but I'm still waiting; it would be good as far as schedule and location, and acceptable for salary.

It turns out I actually got a job offer from USPS, but it came via email right as I was getting everything packed up and moving. They only give you a few days to reply, and oddly enough, while they sent quite a few emails to me about it, I think the second one was both a reminder I had an offer and a notice that the offer was rescinded. Luckily it was for a job I probably shouldn't have applied for anyway: a lot of manual labor, they describe it as arduous physical activity. I don't mind manual labor, but I'm not a big guy, nor all that young anymore, so I don't know how well I'd have done in the position. Still, it might have been good to take it, tough it out for a year, and hope to use it to transition to another position. I still have a number of postal applications in, so we'll see how those go.

So far things are going pretty well here otherwise. The pets all like me. Actually, the female dog likes me too much; she's been licking me like crazy the past week. I'm on a daytime sleep schedule and have been fine with that, although my lady does go to sleep earlier than I do and gets up a bit earlier. The weather is, of course, hot and humid, but it's cold in the house. :lol: I need to get my FL license and registration, but I don't have the proper address verification yet. I'm still waiting for the usual postal packet you get when you change your address, and although I was able to get FL car insurance, it hasn't been processed on the website so I can't print out anything from that. None of the bills are in my name here, so I can't use those. I also have to have an appointment to get a license (no walk-ins) and the earliest I could get was July 14. I might be able to go into the next county and just walk in to the DMV there.

The internet here isn't great, sadly. It's all wireless and the router is in a poor location, but there aren't any other places wired for it. I may end up seeing if I can move it around a bit, or even run a long ethernet cable clipped along the ceiling or something to get it into a better location.

Just thought I'd give a little update. The board is continuing to be filled with garbage lately. The various issues in the country have not brought out the best in posters here. If you don't hear from me much, it's because I'm just not coming here as often. ;)

Hope it all works out for you Montro. We have had a LOT of experience moving and setting up in unfamiliar places, but experience doesn't make it any easier. Other than we know we will survive the hassle. And it always is a hassle. I don't know what it's like out there on the rest of the site these days as I haven't been out there for awhile. Guess I ought to at least see what's going on. But don't be a stranger to the Coffee Shop and work us in once in awhile. We're rather fond of you, you know.

I got a job offer from the place I was hoping for. It will be less money than I was making in Georgia because I won't be getting the shift differential I had working third shift, but it's pretty close, it's enough money, and it's similar work to what I was doing. I expect to be able to do well at it without having too long of a learning period.

I'll be starting July 13. Hopefully it's a good job, as there are a couple of other possibilities I put in for that I could still end up getting offers on, but will now be declining if I do.

Now I just need to get my license and registration on my car for FL (which should include my voter registration) and I'll be pretty much set. The only thing left is to figure out why I was willing to come back to this humid hellhole of a state. :lol:

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry for your loss Peach.

I got a job offer from the place I was hoping for. It will be less money than I was making in Georgia because I won't be getting the shift differential I had working third shift, but it's pretty close, it's enough money, and it's similar work to what I was doing. I expect to be able to do well at it without having too long of a learning period.

I'll be starting July 13. Hopefully it's a good job, as there are a couple of other possibilities I put in for that I could still end up getting offers on, but will now be declining if I do.

Now I just need to get my license and registration on my car for FL (which should include my voter registration) and I'll be pretty much set. The only thing left is to figure out why I was willing to come back to this humid hellhole of a state. :lol:

I guess I always thought of Georgia as 'deep south', i.e. magnolia trees, humidity etc., more than I've thought of Florida that way. But I've spent no time in either state so my imagination probably isn't too accurate. Good news on getting the job you wanted though. That should relieve the stress cxonsiderably.

I guess I always thought of Georgia as 'deep south', i.e. magnolia trees, humidity etc., more than I've thought of Florida that way. But I've spent no time in either state so my imagination probably isn't too accurate. Good news on getting the job you wanted though. That should relieve the stress cxonsiderably.
Georgia can be hot and humid, but it has all 4 seasons. Florida is more like 10 months of summer and 2 months of fall. :lol:

morning_picdump-48-8.jpg

Congratulations and good luck, Montro! It seems you are moving on with life.

New Topics

Forum List

Back