US Rep Requesting a Justice Dept. Look Into FL Gov. DeSantis' Vaccine Distribution

AFrench2

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Provided from local Fox Affiliate this morning. Rep. Charlie Crist calls for DOJ investigation into DeSantis’ vaccine distribution

Rep. Crist revealed Sunday he wrote a letter to the DOJ claiming the governor is setting up COVID-19 vaccination drives at sites that "seem to be targeted to wealthy communities with whom Governor DeSantis has clear political connections, allowing some to skip to the front of the line in counties with existing waitlists."

DeSantis was recently criticized by NBC for the allowing of skipping for donors and wealthier Floridians over those who needed it most.

Provided from local Fox Affiliate this morning. Rep. Charlie Crist calls for DOJ investigation into DeSantis’ vaccine distribution

Rep. Crist revealed Sunday he wrote a letter to the DOJ claiming the governor is setting up COVID-19 vaccination drives at sites that "seem to be targeted to wealthy communities with whom Governor DeSantis has clear political connections, allowing some to skip to the front of the line in counties with existing waitlists."

DeSantis was recently criticized by NBC for the allowing of skipping for donors and wealthier Floridians over those who needed it most.

Everyone presumably needs the vaccine. Here in Pennsylvania, the liberal governor has prioritized leftist constituencies. Is that wrong too?

NBC got roasted for their hit piece.

NBC News was roasted for publishing an "absurd botched hit piece" that criticized Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ coronavirus vaccination plan for prioritizing senior citizens, such as Holocaust survivors and veterans, because they might be Republican voters.

The piece, headline "Florida governor accused of playing politics with Covid vaccine," was first published by NBC News on Thursday but came under fire on Saturday when the Peacock Network promoted the story on Twitter.

CNN AND THE DANGEROUS DISTORTION OF TRUTH WHILE NEW YORKERS DIED

NBC News senior writer Corky Siemaszko wrote DeSantis’ coronavirus vaccine distribution plan has been "marked by chaos" and "critics say he’s been quick to recognize the political gold in those precious doses" because the Republican governor "ignored federal guidelines and prioritized getting senior citizens" the coveted vaccine first.

"When Holocaust survivors and Cuban survivors of the Bay of Pigs debacle — revered members of two other key Florida voting blocs — got their first shots, DeSantis made sure he was there for the news conferences," Siemaszko wrote.

"Now the governor stands accused of using the Covid-19 vaccine to reward powerful political supporters and developers by setting up pop-up vaccination sites in planned communities they developed and where GOP voters predominate," Siemaszko added, noting that DeSantis has said his strategy focuses on Florida’s retirement communities.

NBC News then enlisted Florida Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Charlotte County Democratic Party Chair Teresa Jenkins to blast DeSantis.

CNN, MSNBC PRIMETIME HOSTS IGNORE BOMBSHELL REPORT ON CUOMO NURSING HOME COVER-UP

The story even criticized DeSantis for boasting that a 94-year-old Korean war veteran was vaccinated. NBC News also issued a correction that inaccurately stated "a prominent donor to Gov. DeSantis" had ties to a specific vaccination station.

"What an absurd botched hit piece," Republican strategist Matt Whitlock responded.

Tweet

See new Tweets
Tweet

Matt Whitlock

@mattdizwhitlock

·
Feb 20

This MSNBC article bizarrely attacks DeSantis for prioritizing the following people:

✅

Holocaust survivors

Bay of Pigs survivors

✅

Seniors — the group most vulnerable to the Coronavirus

A 94-year-old Korean War veteran named Vern Cummings
Quote Tweet

6QEBEjWk_mini.jpg

MSNBC

@MSNBC
· Feb 20
Florida Gov. DeSantis stands accused of using the Covid-19 vaccine to reward powerful political supporters and developers by setting up pop-up vaccination sites in planned communities they developed and where Republican voters predominate. Florida gov finds political gold in Covid-19 vaccines

Replies

Pradheep J. Shanker

@Neoavatara

·
Feb 20

Replying to
@mattdizwhitlock

Quote Tweet

7B2k-CY6_mini.jpg

Pradheep J. Shanker

@Neoavatara
· Feb 20
He's following the science. Lot of liberals are not. twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1…
Show this thread

Arjun Mody

@arjunmody

·
Feb 20

Replying to
@mattdizwhitlock
I remember when the Honor Guard started for WWII veterans to visit their memorial the park service said to me do you really want a story of how you’re giving special treatment to this group. I said yes, please.

Norman Anderson

@NormanA80239459

·
2h

Replying to
@mattdizwhitlock
I read this whole article. I come away feeling a great deal of respect for governor DeSantis. I’m not sure that was the point of the article though. LOL.

• Banned
lol look at the first sentence of that huge post, Nostra. You even say it yourself, bro.

NBC News was roasted for publishing an "absurd botched hit piece" that criticized Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ coronavirus vaccination plan for prioritizing senior citizens, such as Holocaust survivors and veterans, because they might be Republican voters. <--- that is the part you can't do :p silly.

lol look at the first sentence of that huge post, Nostra. You even say it yourself, bro.

NBC News was roasted for publishing an "absurd botched hit piece" that criticized Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ coronavirus vaccination plan for prioritizing senior citizens, such as Holocaust survivors and veterans, because they might be Republican voters. <--- that is the part you can't do :p silly.

You can't prioritize someone who MIGHT be a Republican?

Were Democrats turned away?
Was proof of party affiliation required to get the shot?

Dude, read the article if you want the questions answered.

And no, you cannot prioritize someone based on them voting Republican. That's called corruption. Welcome to politics.

Everyone presumably needs the vaccine. Here in Pennsylvania, the liberal governor has prioritized leftist constituencies. Is that wrong too?
:link:

Do you work at being so stupid?

I don't know what you mean. It's from the Fox News article you posted yourself. I didn't add that part.

I don't know what you mean. It's from the Fox News article you posted yourself. I didn't add that part.
That was NBC's spin, Moron.

They have no facts to support that assertion.

Yes, that is correct, AND THIS IS MY TOPIC WHERE THEY ARE WANTING TO INVESTIGATE TO FIND THE SUPPORTING FACTS TO THE NBC ASSERTION.

Quit trolling my topics with your crap.

Dude, read the article if you want the questions answered.

And no, you cannot prioritize someone based on them voting Republican. That's called corruption. Welcome to politics.
Politics is dying....the degree of totalitarianism is being debated.

Yes, that is correct, AND THIS IS MY TOPIC WHERE THEY ARE WANTING TO INVESTIGATE TO FIND THE SUPPORTING FACTS TO THE NBC ASSERTION.

Quit trolling my topics with your crap.
So, you think there should be a federal investigation anytime some leftist hack writes a hit piece with no supporting facts.

You really are a moron.

Forum List

Back