US Generals Lied, Lost Wars, And Looted Those They Claimed To Serve

Trump once asked all his generals if they thought America should leave Afghanistan

not a single one said a word

that's all you need to know

Trump once asked all his generals if they thought America should leave Afghanistan

not a single one said a word

that's all you need to know

Because leaving Afghanistan alone three decades ago got us the 9-11 attacks.

“There is a place in war that — once you go into it and you invest in it — doesn’t go away. It’s not going anywhere. So, what has happened is we have learned to try to live with it.” - Admiral Brett Giroir

learn to live with it? LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT?

my kind of general doesn't contemplate losing, doesn't say we have to "live with" suffering in war

trust is a fragile thing, and the American people have lost trust in our generals...hopefully forever, for an eternity!

trust is a fragile thing, and the American people have lost trust in our generals...hopefully forever, for an eternity!

How will that help us win when we go to war again? And you know the U.S. fighting wars in the future is inevitable.

Because leaving Afghanistan alone three decades ago got us the 9-11 attacks.

Afghani communists overthrew the monarchy in 1974. Its been more like 40 years of war. Dubya went back to try and save ENRON.

basquebromance most people don't know shit about military/wars/etc.........we've been over this before...a lot wars are not won or lost---they are ended with cease fires/etc ..UNDENIABLY Vietnam was unwinnable--I've got a thread on it with mucho evidence......
..they did not lose wars....
--your OP is pure bullshit
....the POLITICIANS are in charge--THEY start the wars --not the generals/etc

When the Generals are the ones that start the War, it's called a Military Revolt. Otherwise, it's the Sillyvillians that start the wars.

The best service a retired general can perform is to turn in his tongue along with his uniform

i'm looking at you General Flynn

once upon a time a terrorist tried to kill General Mad Dog Mattis on the battlefield, but failed miserably

instead of asking for his execution, Mattis offered to meet with the terrorist, and gave him beer to drink, making the terrorist warm up to Mattis. "if i do good behavior at Guantanamo, do you think they'll let me into the US?", he bellowed

the story is recounted in the Guy Snodgrass book about Mad Dog Mattis

whitehall that wasn't even a loss
mission: to eject the North from the South-accomplished
China accomplished their mission: UN off the border/kept the North
South Korea mission accomplished - not over run
North = LOSS
''''' U.S. resolution calling for an “immediate cessation of hostilities” and the withdrawal of North Korean forces to the 38th parallel'''''.
Mac did fk up--big time
First of all Truman sent Troops to Korea under an executive order. The mission was valid but the president didn't trust congress at the time. Untrained Army personnel were in big trouble early in the conflict. NK hoards pushed US troops to the tip of the peninsula and to give credit where credit is due MacArthur's Inchon amphibious landing cut the NK supply route and turned the tide. US/UN forces recaptured the S.K. capital and went on to capture the N.K. capital of Pyongyang. The war was over in a year but wait. The aging 70 something commanding general decided to keep going to the Chinese border without orders. Make a long story short the Korean conflict lasted three more years at a cost of anywhere from 35,000 to 50,000 Americans and we ended up settling for an embarrassing "truce" dictated by Chinese and Soviet powers.

whitehall that's a lot of double/etc talk -......-mission accomplished .... I posted the link/etc RIGHT THERE--undeniable ..you posted nothing --no links/etc
.....as I have said many times, a lot of wars do not end in a clear winner/etc.....there are objectives/etc

Forum List

Back