US Generals Lied, Lost Wars, And Looted Those They Claimed To Serve

Lots of wars the U.S. gets involved in are the geopolitical equivalent of police being called to the scene of domestic violence.

The police never like getting involved in such a situation but they cannot just walk away from it either.

The U.S. doesn't "win" wars mainly because it doesn't want to win.

Plus, you have to consider what the goal of the military actually is.

In Afghanistan, it was to remove the Taliban from power. In Iraq, it was to remove Saddam from power. And obviously, nobody can deny that it accomplished both of those objectives.

What followed after in each of them was the decision of the diplomats and politicians, not the military. They accomplished their mission very well, just as in Vietnam. What followed was a failure by the diplomats.

LBJ's role in WW2 is unclear but he managed to pull some strings and award himself the Silver Star for being in a plane flying over enemy territory. MacArthur abandoned his Troops (under orders) in Bataan and Corrigador and was awarded the MOH for what comes down to waving his fist at marauding Japanese fighters.

LBJ's role in WW2 is unclear but he managed to pull some strings and award himself the Silver Star for being in a plane flying over enemy territory. MacArthur abandoned his Troops (under orders) in Bataan and Corrigador and was awarded the MOH for what comes down to waving his fist at marauding Japanese fighters.

I can't speak for the others but my Father, a lowly Army Corporal, shared the same foxhole during a battle with Eisenhower. Both Patton and Bradley were known to do the same.

"most of them are not on my side, i think. who the hell knows with these generals?" - Trump just bellowed at Alabama rally, before going on a long anti-General Milley rant

"We have great generals. not the ones you see on TV, though" - Trump

Ann Coulter writes in her latest column:

Gen. H.R. McMaster, Trump’s national security adviser — one of his very first picks after winning the election by promising, among other things, to stop the permanent wars and get us out of Afghanistan — was on MSNBC last week, listing a parade of horribles that would flow from Biden’s decision to end the war Afghanistan.

(It’s a mystery why we didn’t get out under Trump!)

McMaster hysterically warned that the withdrawal will lead to another hostage crisis and televised mass executions: “We’re on fast-forward to 1979 in Tehran and a hostage crisis [when Iranian revolutionaries held 52 U.S. diplomats and citizens for 444 days] … Are we just going to stand on the sidelines and watch mass executions?”

I don’t like to make predictions, but McMaster has thrown down the gauntlet. I say: That won’t happen. There won’t be a Tehran-style hostage crisis or mass executions — at least nothing worse than our dear allies in Saudi Arabia do on a regular basis. Check back in a few weeks to see who’s right!

I will be right, because: 1) I’m already one week into being right; and 2) our generals are crazy. Remember when Fox News spent weeks promoting a general who said the missing Malaysian Flight 370 was hiding in Pakistan, waiting to be deployed in a future terrorist attack? (For a while, perhaps still, everything on Fox had to be about Islamic terrorism.)

Unfortunately, Trump thought surrounding himself with generals made him look macho, blithely unaware of who gets made a general these days, so we had to wait for Biden to keep Trump’s promise of bringing the troops home.

Out of either incompetence or malice — or both! — our generals have made a mess of the withdrawal. Obviously, the mistake made by Gen. Mark Milley, Biden’s chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was in not expanding the role of Ibram X. Kendi in advising our armed forces. Instead of seeking Kendi’s counsel merely on “white rage,” Milley should have gone to Kendi for advice on military logistics.

There is nothing in that link supporting what you claimed about a general that supposedly appeared on FoxNews and made the ludicrous claim about the airliner.

There is nothing in that link supporting what you claimed about a general that supposedly appeared on FoxNews and made the ludicrous claim about the airliner.
it did happen. i watch every second of FOX News, except Cavuto

One problem is we don't declare wars, meaning there is less accountability. Nor is there a draft, not saying I support it, but the draft invested the general population. Now huge swaths of the population had virtually no investment in Iraq or Afghanistan. It's not hard to find people who don't personally know anyone who served in Iraq or Afghanistan.

We won Vietnam. We got the North to acknowledge the sovereignty of South Vietnam with the Paris Peace Accord. That was the military and diplomatic objective from the beginning

However, the filthy Democrats, with the help of a few weak Republicans, gave away the victory with the Church-Case defunding of South Vietnam that gave a green light to the North to undo the agreement.

That is not true.
If there truly was ever a "South Vietnam", then they would not have needed any funding.
South Vietnam was a total fake, created by the US and a few Vietnamese who had collaborated with the French and Japanese.

Forum List

Back