Trump says Biden vowing to pick a female VP is insulting to some men

Is this a joke? Is he really this out of touch or is this some political angle that I’m not understanding? Can anybody explain this statement made by Trump?

"I would be inclined to go a different route than what he's done," Trump told Clay Travis, a sports commentator who hosts a national radio show based in Nashville, Tennessee. "First of all he roped himself into a certain group of people."
Trump went on to say that "some people would say that men are insulted by that. And some people would say it's fine. I don't know."

The President is on target here. Some people are saying that men are insulted by this.

Maybe men aren't insulted, and maybe they aren't. But some are DEFINITELY saying they are.
Wow, that’s just riveting!

You were the one who misunderstood what the President said, and tried to put words in his mouth.

We heard the same kind of bullshit during the campaign, when Trump was accused of making false allegations about Sen. Cruz's father and Oswald. Of course The Donald didn't say anything about that . He only pointed out that SOME PEOPLE were talking about the alleged Cruz-Oswald connection. And that was definitely true.
You truly believe he was talking about Some people?! Haha
Not that it matters at all... whether he is saying it or whether he is talking about some people saying it he is still putting a spotlight on the message. And my OP is about why he would do that. You can keep avoiding the question by trying to make me into a liar, but that tactic is old and tired.

Is this a joke? Is he really this out of touch or is this some political angle that I’m not understanding? Can anybody explain this statement made by Trump?

"I would be inclined to go a different route than what he's done," Trump told Clay Travis, a sports commentator who hosts a national radio show based in Nashville, Tennessee. "First of all he roped himself into a certain group of people."
Trump went on to say that "some people would say that men are insulted by that. And some people would say it's fine. I don't know."

Well, let's look at something he said quite awhile back:
"Some of the people coming into our country illegally, are rapists, murderers and drug-cartel members." It didn't take long before arrests proved that statement as correct.
A statement by anyone that "some men would be insulted to have a woman as a VP," isn't false. There are some idiots out there that believe that a woman is only good for being pregnant, in the kitchen and obeying their men in all things. Of course, there are women out there that agree with that outmoded concept and like having babies, cooking in the kitchen and doing the bidding of their men. Such is just a factual statement. Many women sought equality with men in life and work and good for them for succeeding. Some men won't come out of the dark ages. Everyone is an individual and has different beliefs.
I didn’t claim that Trumps statement was false I was questioning why he would say something like that. There are a lot of ugly things that are true but for a president to say them publicly there has to be some kind of intent behind the statement. Knowing Trump he meant it is an insult to Biden. What do you think his intent was?
To point out an obvious.

Well, let's look at something he said quite awhile back:
"Some of the people coming into our country illegally, are rapists, murderers and drug-cartel members." It didn't take long before arrests proved that statement as correct.
A statement by anyone that "some men would be insulted to have a woman as a VP," isn't false. There are some idiots out there that believe that a woman is only good for being pregnant, in the kitchen and obeying their men in all things. Of course, there are women out there that agree with that outmoded concept and like having babies, cooking in the kitchen and doing the bidding of their men. Such is just a factual statement. Many women sought equality with men in life and work and good for them for succeeding. Some men won't come out of the dark ages. Everyone is an individual and has different beliefs.
I didn’t claim that Trumps statement was false I was questioning why he would say something like that. There are a lot of ugly things that are true but for a president to say them publicly there has to be some kind of intent behind the statement. Knowing Trump he meant it is an insult to Biden. What do you think his intent was?
To point out an obvious.
What’s the obvious and why would he want to point it out?

It's insulting to the guys like Mayor Buttplug... I mean Pete Buttigeigiege who actually won a state.

It would be nice to pick someone from the other half of society after centuries of picking only white men and consciously trying to shut women out of the political process and leadership positions. We've got two witless wonders currently in the White House, who have demonstrated that white men can be totally incompetent, so why not give somebody else a shot?
We gave the clusterfuck Barry Hussein 8 years.

I think that you are referring to President Obama, who was a damned sight better than that ignorant, reeking piece of trash who is currently in the White House.

I think the OP is dumb for even questioning it. See in the past, POTUS used to select who they thought was the best available candidate for the job. Then the Democrats got weird right. To a PROG, the best POTUS for the job has dementia, and his running mate must be a "woman of color". They're doomed from start.

Trump is talking trash however, most people recognize the Democrats are pathetic, it's hard to take them seriously.

The President is on target here. Some people are saying that men are insulted by this.

Maybe men aren't insulted, and maybe they aren't. But some are DEFINITELY saying they are.
Wow, that’s just riveting!

You were the one who misunderstood what the President said, and tried to put words in his mouth.

We heard the same kind of bullshit during the campaign, when Trump was accused of making false allegations about Sen. Cruz's father and Oswald. Of course The Donald didn't say anything about that . He only pointed out that SOME PEOPLE were talking about the alleged Cruz-Oswald connection. And that was definitely true.
You truly believe he was talking about Some people?! Haha
Not that it matters at all... whether he is saying it or whether he is talking about some people saying it he is still putting a spotlight on the message. And my OP is about why he would do that. You can keep avoiding the question by trying to make me into a liar, but that tactic is old and tired.
Well, then quit lying.

I think the OP is dumb for even questioning it. See in the past, POTUS used to select who they thought was the best available candidate for the job. Then the Democrats got weird right. To a PROG, the best POTUS for the job has dementia, and his running mate must be a "woman of color". They're doomed from start.

Trump is talking trash however, most people recognize the Democrats are pathetic, it's hard to take them seriously.
I wonder how you’ll feel when the dementia guy and the colored lady beat Trump and take the White House. The natural reaction should be shame and embarrassment and questioning your holy inaccurate sense of judgement.

We've been a nation since 1776. During all of this time, we have only had one single presidential candidate who was female, and never had a vice-presidential candidate who was female until yesterday. How could this situation have arisen except for the operation of bigotry? So many comments that I have read on USMB alone display bigotry toward women, people of color, LGBTs. Jews, Muslims, and others. Some people have said that they would never vote for a woman. The candidate MUST have a penis. Why did the people criticizing Biden's desire to pick a Black woman for his vice president protest discrimination in all the decades before?

Trump is a joke.
Quite true. And, according to many knowledgeable people, Biden (along with others) is a war criminal for supporting the illegal Iraq invasion and subversive of the interests of the U.S. in supporting at the same time pre-emptive war.
So, a (seriously bad, even worse than Reagan) joke or a criminal.
To whose advantage Harris is as a choice remains to be seen. According to many knowledgeable people, she is not qualified to be President and has a history that is vulnerable to criticism.
In any event, many knowledgeable people will doubtless do their duty as a citizen and vote, just not for the duopoly. Who cares who Jo Jorgensen is? She isn't the "lesser of two evils"!

More noncommittal hogwash. What’s new?

This is a little play on words that Trump uses, "some people would say". So Trump didn't say that picking a female VP is insulting to men, but some people would say picking a female VP is insulting to men.
Not really....

We all KNOW when he says "some people say...."

He's only talking about himself.... You know that too!!!!!!

Trump is a joke.
Quite true. And, according to many knowledgeable people, Biden (along with others) is a war criminal for supporting the illegal Iraq invasion and subversive of the interests of the U.S. in supporting at the same time pre-emptive war.
To whose advantage Harris is as a choice remains to be seen. According to many knowledgeable people, she is not qualified to be President and has a history that is vulnerable to criticism.
In any event, many knowledgeable people will doubtless do their duty as a citizen and vote, just not for the duopoly. Who cares who Jo Jorgensen is? She isn't the "lesser of two evils"!
Does Trump have a history that is vulnerable to criticism?

Does Bernie have a history that is vulnerable to criticism?

Who exactly on this earth, doesn't have a history that is vulnerable to criticism from some one?? Seriously?

He just insults men another man would never hit with a closed fist but wouldn't miss the opportunity to slap around a while.

No, Trump. Biden simply wants women to be represented at the highest levels of government if qualified.
Too bad Trump doesn't feel that way. Any man who is insulted is a jerk, including Trump.

Trump is a joke.

Who exactly on this earth, doesn't have a history that is vulnerable to criticism from some one?? Seriously?
Trump is more than vulnerable to criticism. He just denies it and doubles down.

I wonder how you’ll feel when the dementia guy and the colored lady beat Trump and take the White House. The natural reaction should be shame and embarrassment and questioning your holy inaccurate sense of judgement.
Yet you are cool with having people in power dictate how you critisize them?

the DNC just sent to the media rules of talking about the 2 or they will come after you.

Fuck this thism would you abide by rules in how you talk about Trump?

Makes sense to me. What's the issue with it?

Trump is saying Joe Biden should not have ruled out more than half the field so soon. Then he goes on to say some men may be insulted that Biden ruled them out without even looking at them, and some may be OK. You decide.

What don't you get? It's pretty straight forward. Is your TDS that bad?
What you don't get is that Trump denied that there was any emergency for 2 months. He shut the border to China for political reasons and did not shut the border to Europeans. As a result, 2 million Travelers from abroad were able to flood Kennedy and Newark airports.
Some men are insulted? Maybe, but that is normal in today's society. What Trump meant is that he was insulted.
Biden chose a very capable person as his running mate, and that is the way it should be.

Trump is a joke.

Well, Tulsi could be considered a "warrior princess".

he is completely right. it is sex discrimination.

Forum List

Back