Trump says Biden vowing to pick a female VP is insulting to some men

"NEW VP PREDICTION!

Cory Booker announces he's transitioning to female.

Biden chooses Corina Booker as his VP."

Is this a joke? Is he really this out of touch or is this some political angle that I’m not understanding? Can anybody explain this statement made by Trump?

"I would be inclined to go a different route than what he's done," Trump told Clay Travis, a sports commentator who hosts a national radio show based in Nashville, Tennessee. "First of all he roped himself into a certain group of people."
Trump went on to say that "some people would say that men are insulted by that. And some people would say it's fine. I don't know."

He didn't make the point as I would, but he is right. If you decided pre-emptively that you will choose a female, it negates 50% of your pool right off the top, and for what reason? "it's time"?

You are telling men, "look, you're going to have to live with a female president if I win. She could be a useless POS, she might openly hate men and want to put conscription into law for men to send you to war somewhere, it doesn't matter. Deal with it sucka, competence doesn't matter, just her gender".

Now, he did it out of a desperation to get the Dem donors and support as he was in trouble in the Primaries. However, once he won, he was cornered. It doesn't mean he can't choose a good female V.P, it means it will be tainted, and at the very least, many will suspect it was forced.

That's not a meritocracy at work. Most men and women, support merit over nepotism or politics.
Well thank you for the honest answer. Now I understand the type of person he was speaking to.

Do you really not think there is a woman out there will the skills and qualifications for the job? Do you not understand the desire to have a woman’s perspective and representation in leadership? Our government has be dominated by men since its founding, is it really that crazy if an idea to you to think that women and minority groups might just bring a different and more representative perspective to the table?

Is this a joke? Is he really this out of touch or is this some political angle that I’m not understanding? Can anybody explain this statement made by Trump?

"I would be inclined to go a different route than what he's done," Trump told Clay Travis, a sports commentator who hosts a national radio show based in Nashville, Tennessee. "First of all he roped himself into a certain group of people."
Trump went on to say that "some people would say that men are insulted by that. And some people would say it's fine. I don't know."

He didn't make the point as I would, but he is right. If you decided pre-emptively that you will choose a female, it negates 50% of your pool right off the top, and for what reason? "it's time"?

You are telling men, "look, you're going to have to live with a female president if I win. She could be a useless POS, she might openly hate men and want to put conscription into law for men to send you to war somewhere, it doesn't matter. Deal with it sucka, competence doesn't matter, just her gender".

Now, he did it out of a desperation to get the Dem donors and support as he was in trouble in the Primaries. However, once he won, he was cornered. It doesn't mean he can't choose a good female V.P, it means it will be tainted, and at the very least, many will suspect it was forced.

That's not a meritocracy at work. Most men and women, support merit over nepotism or politics.
Well thank you for the honest answer. Now I understand the type of person he was speaking to.

Do you really not think there is a woman out there will the skills and qualifications for the job? Do you not understand the desire to have a woman’s perspective and representation in leadership? Our government has be dominated by men since its founding, is it really that crazy if an idea to you to think that women and minority groups might just bring a different and more representative perspective to the table?
No one said there was not, have they? But if so, where is she? And do YOU think there are no men who can do it?

Get the best you can and don't worry about the rest.

You are not understanding it correctly. Trump cannot publicly say what it really is.

The situation is an insult to the Black women who are being publicly introduced as candidates for the Biden presidential ticket, because it is obvious that Joe Biden is inevitably going to be incapacitate to fulfill the duties of the executive officer of the federal government. It is some sort of "vulturism," to be awaiting the succession to the presidency; and yet, subject to the direction of the people who are directing Joe Biden.

Why were the other women candidates disregarded - what was the qualification standards that had to be met??? Kamala Harris, a former prosecutor, is not going to take orders from someone else; especially when it is going to be so obvious. Tom Perez, the chairman of the DNC, is probably the ultimate director, and will probably be the Biden administration Chief of Staff - he's a real fucked-up social justice activist. Perez probably could not deal with Stacy Abrams, because she is way too dopey. I don't think Duckworth would be able to handle the public appearance schedule.

It is really wild how the Republicans rip him a part right in front of his family, and they don't understand what's going on. Perez does not even show up for the second hearing.
If their best campaign tactic is to run against the VP because Biden is going to die and the VP will be president then they have a really weak campaign. I guess they are going to do what the Dems did to McCain with Palin... tit for tat child games, what else would I expect

You are not understanding it correctly. Trump cannot publicly say what it really is.

The situation is an insult to the Black women who are being publicly introduced as candidates for the Biden presidential ticket, because it is obvious that Joe Biden is inevitably going to be incapacitate to fulfill the duties of the executive officer of the federal government. It is some sort of "vulturism," to be awaiting the succession to the presidency; and yet, subject to the direction of the people who are directing Joe Biden.

Why were the other women candidates disregarded - what was the qualification standards that had to be met??? Kamala Harris, a former prosecutor, is not going to take orders from someone else; especially when it is going to be so obvious. Tom Perez, the chairman of the DNC, is probably the ultimate director, and will probably be the Biden administration Chief of Staff - he's a real fucked-up social justice activist. Perez probably could not deal with Stacy Abrams, because she is way too dopey. I don't think Duckworth would be able to handle the public appearance schedule.

It is really wild how the Republicans rip him a part right in front of his family, and they don't understand what's going on. Perez does not even show up for the second hearing.
If their best campaign tactic is to run against the VP because Biden is going to die and the VP will be president then they have a really weak campaign. I guess they are going to do what the Dems did to McCain with Palin... tit for tat child games, what else would I expect
If the best you got is TRUMP SUCKS...

Eat your own turds, son.

Democrats are so racist and sexist that the most important thing about their vp nominee is its race and gender.

Democrats really are the racist sexist scum we say they are. If you're a Democrat, walk away if you're not a racist sexist POS or live with the label.
Haha, only a complete moron would think that selecting a minority woman to hold the VP position would be a easier move

The President is on target here. Some people are saying that men are insulted by this.

Maybe men aren't insulted, and maybe they aren't. But some are DEFINITELY saying they are.

Well, let's look at something he said quite awhile back:
"Some of the people coming into our country illegally, are rapists, murderers and drug-cartel members." It didn't take long before arrests proved that statement as correct.
A statement by anyone that "some men would be insulted to have a woman as a VP," isn't false. There are some idiots out there that believe that a woman is only good for being pregnant, in the kitchen and obeying their men in all things. Of course, there are women out there that agree with that outmoded concept and like having babies, cooking in the kitchen and doing the bidding of their men. Such is just a factual statement. Many women sought equality with men in life and work and good for them for succeeding. Some men won't come out of the dark ages. Everyone is an individual and has different beliefs.
I didn’t claim that Trumps statement was false I was questioning why he would say something like that. There are a lot of ugly things that are true but for a president to say them publicly there has to be some kind of intent behind the statement. Knowing Trump he meant it is an insult to Biden. What do you think his intent was?

Well, let's look at something he said quite awhile back:
"Some of the people coming into our country illegally, are rapists, murderers and drug-cartel members." It didn't take long before arrests proved that statement as correct.
A statement by anyone that "some men would be insulted to have a woman as a VP," isn't false. There are some idiots out there that believe that a woman is only good for being pregnant, in the kitchen and obeying their men in all things. Of course, there are women out there that agree with that outmoded concept and like having babies, cooking in the kitchen and doing the bidding of their men. Such is just a factual statement. Many women sought equality with men in life and work and good for them for succeeding. Some men won't come out of the dark ages. Everyone is an individual and has different beliefs.
I didn’t claim that Trumps statement was false I was questioning why he would say something like that. There are a lot of ugly things that are true but for a president to say them publicly there has to be some kind of intent behind the statement. Knowing Trump he meant it is an insult to Biden. What do you think his intent was?
You just invent shit to be mad at Trump about.

He's your obsession. Your obsession... I think you want to sleep with him.

This is a little play on words that Trump uses, "some people would say". So Trump didn't say that picking a female VP is insulting to men, but some people would say picking a female VP is insulting to men.
Yep, morons like Slade twisting our president's words AGAIN. Just dreadful.
How did I twist his words?! I provided exact quotes!

The President is on target here. Some people are saying that men are insulted by this.

Maybe men aren't insulted, and maybe they aren't. But some are DEFINITELY saying they are.
Wow, that’s just riveting!

^
Fake news.
How is the news fake? I heard him say it. It’s recorded
I rated it fake news because the very first clause of the article is factually incorrect.

Wow, that’s just riveting!

You were the one who misunderstood what the President said, and tried to put words in his mouth.

We heard the same kind of bullshit during the campaign, when Trump was accused of making false allegations about Sen. Cruz's father and Oswald. Of course The Donald didn't say anything about that . He only pointed out that SOME PEOPLE were talking about the alleged Cruz-Oswald connection. And that was definitely true.

^
Fake news.
How is the news fake? I heard him say it. It’s recorded
I rated it fake news because the very first clause of the article is factually incorrect.
How so?

Trump is a joke.

Forum List

Back