Trump gets in Pope Francis' face, calls him a "pawn" of Mexico

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Enough.

I find this Pope annoying too, but the best strategy is to let it slide, not to get in the face of and insult one of the most popular Popes in Church history.

And yes, Donald, Popes have the right to say that people are not acting Christian if they act a certain way or say a certain thing. Popes have been doing that for 2000 years. Some kings/queens have been ex-communicated, like King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I.

Telling people what they are allowed to do and what they are not allowed to do as a Christian is one of the core jobs of a Christian leader.

Trump is so ignorant he doesn't even know that. Or he is lying. Either way, we should not elect this man who makes new enemies every day.

Stalin once said, "How many divisions does the Pope have?"

Ironically, the Pope did not need any military power to overthrow the Communist government of Poland, which led like dominoes to the fall of the entire Soviet Empire.

So Stalin was wrong, and Trump is also wrong.

News from The Associated Press

Last edited:
Enough.

I find this Pope annoying too, but the best strategy is to let it slide, not to get in the face of and insult one of the most popular Popes in Church history.

And yes, Donald, Popes have the right to say that people are not acting Christian if they act a certain way or say a certain thing. Popes have been doing that for 2000 years. Some kings/queens have been ex-communicated, like King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I.

Telling people what they are allowed to do and what they are not allowed to do as a Christian is one of the core jobs of a Christian leader.

Trump is so ignorant he doesn't even know that. Or he is lying. Either way, we should not elect this man who makes new enemies every day.

Ironically, the Pope did not need any military power to overthrow the Communist government of Poland, which led like dominoes to the fall of the entire Soviet Empire.

Do you have a link?

Enough.

Do you have a link?

Link is the one that says Associated Press at the bottom of the post.

And yeah...........telling people if they are acting like Christians or not kinda IS in the pontiff's job description.

Enough.

Do you have a link?
Added.

I will say that I don't think the Pope should criticize Trump for wanting to build a wall because nations have the right to decide their own immigration policies.

However, the Catholic Church, and especially the Jesuit Order that Pope Francis belongs to, has a very extreme pro-immigration position. If the Jesuits had it their way, the United States would have an open borders policy.

Trump should have found a way to disagree with what the Pope said without calling him a "pawn" and telling him he has no right to tell him he's un-Christian. But Trump isn't capable of acting like a normal person when he is attacked, he goes ballistic every time.

If Trump can't keep his cool while dealing with the Pope, he isn't going to be able to keep his cool while dealing with Putin either.

Anyone who has ever dealt with a two-year-old knows that Trump hasn't matured since he was a two-year-old. He still throws tantrums, and shouts "Nobody loves me! Nobody loves me!"

Well, ya gotta admit, lots of the policies that Trump is spewing don't go very well with charity or forgiveness.

Maybe that's why the Pope said he's not Christian. The wall, combined with his refugee comments.

Enough.

Do you have a link?
Added.

I will say that I don't think the Pope should criticize Trump for wanting to build a wall because nations have the right to decide their own immigration policies.

However, the Catholic Church, and especially the Jesuit Order that Pope Francis belongs to, has a very extreme pro-immigration position. If the Jesuits had it their way, the United States would have an open borders policy.

Trump should have found a way to disagree with what the Pope said without calling him a "pawn" and telling him he has no right to tell him he's un-Christian. But Trump isn't capable of acting like a normal person when he is attacked, he goes ballistic every time.

You are absolutely right. That is why I am withholding my support until I can see that he can handle the job without meltdowns with name calling. It's disturbing.

Trump is not going to be able to work with Congress. He is already hated by conservatives and moderates in the Republican Party, who some people call the "establishment." Democrats aren't going to like him either. And if he tries to use executive orders like Obama does, the media will shout bloody murder and the courts will take him down.

The pope is bought and paid for,fuck him.

the pope is schooling you cross groveling RWNJ's

Popenomics.png

Pope%2BFrancis%2BTrashes%2BGod.png

Trump is not going to be able to work with Congress. He is already hated by conservatives and moderates in the Republican Party, who some people call the "establishment." Democrats aren't going to like him either. And if he tries to use executive orders like Obama does, the media will shout bloody murder and the courts will take him down.

If by some really strange happenstance, Trump actually DID make it to the White House, it would signal the death of the GOP.

I am not defending Pope Francis, he should not have said what he said about Trump. But that's not something the American people can do about. We don't vote for the Pope.

But we do vote for President. And if we hire a President who gets in grudge matches every time he is criticized then there's no end to all the problems he can drag us into.

The thing I most admire about Ronald Reagan is he had a thick skin. Sometimes Democrats in Congress or journalists would go batshit crazy insulting Reagan, and it never bothered him:

ABC News reporter Sam Donaldson said Reagan saved his job in 1981. ABC executives weren't amused when the combative Donaldson fired questions at Reagan after he gave remarks at an opening of a new network building in Washington.

"So fire me," Donaldson replied, lightheartedly.

A network executive shot back: "That's not a bad idea."

But before the ABC executive could follow through, Donaldson said Reagan interrupted with words that protected his job. "Oh that's all right," Reagan said. "That's just the way Sam is."

National & World News - Lubbock Online.comBook collects words of Ronald Reagan | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

Reagan made friends out of enemies.

Trump has a knack of doing the opposite.

I admit that what the Pope said was total idiocy.

But Trump has now burned his bridges with the leader of the largest religious organization in the world, which has one billion members, and now they all have a reason to hate Trump for disrespecting the Pope.

Forum List

Back