Time for bow and arrow control

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2021
Lynden, WA, USA

5 dead, 2 injured in random bow and arrow attack​

Five people were killed and two others injured in an apparently random attack in Kongsberg, Norway, late Wednesday as a man roamed the city shooting people with a bow and arrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a test of course. Some might clue the hidden message here.

5 dead, 2 injured in random bow and arrow attack​

Five people were killed and two others injured in an apparently random attack in Kongsberg, Norway, late Wednesday as a man roamed the city shooting people with a bow and arrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a test of course. Some might clue the hidden message here.
If only he had access to a rifle. Then he could have mowed down 69 people like white supremacist Anders Behring Breivik.

If the victims had been armed, he could have been stopped.

If the victims had been armed, they might, or they might not have stopped this. The US has much worse, when people have access to guns.

AND the US has a much higher daily murder rate. Norway has a murder rate of 0.47, the US has a murder rate of 4.97.

Do you really think Norway is stupid enough to trade a 0.47 murder rate for one ten times higher, in exchange for this one attack not happening?

They were unarmed, too. See a pattern?

US cops, armed cops, are much more likely to die in the line of service than British cops.

What does that tell you?

49 cops have died in the US this year from gunfire. If that were the UK, it'd be 10 cops (1/5th the population size).

That number takes you back to 2007 in the UK. And that's including ALL cops who are killed even if they're not on duty. Includes a police officer who collapsed, and only three of these were from guns.

If the victims had been armed, they might, or they might not have stopped this. The US has much worse, when people have access to guns.

AND the US has a much higher daily murder rate. Norway has a murder rate of 0.47, the US has a murder rate of 4.97.

Do you really think Norway is stupid enough to trade a 0.47 murder rate for one ten times higher, in exchange for this one attack not happening?
There's a 100% chance that an unarmed victim will be defenseless in an active shooter scenario. I'd rather take my chances being armed.

Gun ownership doesn't cause people to commit murder. This incident proves that killers will always find a way.

US cops, armed cops, are much more likely to die in the line of service than British cops.

What does that tell you?

49 cops have died in the US this year from gunfire. If that were the UK, it'd be 10 cops (1/5th the population size).

That number takes you back to 2007 in the UK. And that's including ALL cops who are killed even if they're not on duty. Includes a police officer who collapsed, and only three of these were from guns.
We have 10x more people in the US. Of course we'll have more crime.

There's a 100% chance that an unarmed victim will be defenseless in an active shooter scenario. I'd rather take my chances being armed.

Gun ownership doesn't cause people to commit murder. This incident proves that killers will always find a way.

You want to discuss statistics huh?

You'd rather take your chances being armed. That's fine. You stay in American. Meanwhile the Norwegians will see one death for every ten deaths the US has. Literally, for those five people killed, the US will have seen fifty people die.

I didn't say gun ownership causes people to commit murder.

However easy access to guns does empower people. The US has, for a long time, developed a more aggressive lifestyle, and with that people are more likely to resort to killing.

We have 10x more people in the US. Of course we'll have more crime.

This is per capita dude. I even explained this in the post. The UK has 1/5th the population of the US, so if 50 cops die in the US, you'd expect 10 cops to die in the UK.

DOESN'T HAPPEN.

This is per capita dude. I even explained this in the post. The UK has 1/5th the population of the US, so if 50 cops die in the US, you'd expect 10 cops to die in the UK.

DOESN'T HAPPEN.
Mexico has A lot fewer guns and way more murders, per capita. Guns don't cause people to commit murders.

You want to discuss statistics huh?

You'd rather take your chances being armed. That's fine. You stay in American. Meanwhile the Norwegians will see one death for every ten deaths the US has. Literally, for those five people killed, the US will have seen fifty people die.

I didn't say gun ownership causes people to commit murder.

However easy access to guns does empower people. The US has, for a long time, developed a more aggressive lifestyle, and with that people are more likely to resort to killing.
Since the US is so dangerous, you make a great argument in favor of gun ownership.

Mexico has A lot fewer guns and way more murders, per capita. Guns don't cause people to commit murders.

Again, I told you before, I didn't say guns cause people to commit murder.

If you're going to try and change what I say every time, there's no point in this conversation.

Mexico has problems the US and Norway don't have. The reality is that Norway has a murder rate 1/10th that of the US for a reason.

Since the US is so dangerous, you make a great argument in favor of gun ownership.

The US is dangerous because of policies in place. Norway isn't so dangerous because of policies in place.

Your argument for the US being dangerous is to keep it dangerous because it's dangerous.

Again, I told you before, I didn't say guns cause people to commit murder.

If you're going to try and change what I say every time, there's no point in this conversation.

Mexico has problems the US and Norway don't have. The reality is that Norway has a murder rate 1/10th that of the US for a reason.
Then, why are you insisting that guns be highly regulated and banned?

Forum List

Back