Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
here is a jab at men.

Sorry guys but a I can not resist.

You will never breastfeed.

It is awesome.

The hormone high you get ( nature invented it to make sure Moms fed their kids when the kid wanted to) is the most awesome feeling in the world.

Sorry but us chicks do get some perks

Not as good as the high we get when you guys....

here is a jab at men.

Sorry guys but a I can not resist.

You will never breastfeed.

It is awesome.

The hormone high you get ( nature invented it to make sure Moms fed their kids when the kid wanted to) is the most awesome feeling in the world.

Sorry but us chicks do get some perks

Not as good as the high we get when you guys....

:eusa_angel:

Do you think there should be any logical age where the child is too old, or is that strictly up to the mom?

Me personally? I think that it should be up to the mother to decide when to quit, or the child if they decide to wean themselves. It's really not any of my business.

I was breast fed up until I was a year old I think. If a woman wants to carry that up until the child is eligible to go to school? She should decide for herself.

As far as does this cover go too far? Nope, because there are no nipples exposed, and it's trying to make a point that some women will breast feed their children for a long time.

Besides...........did it bother anyone to see that woman in Game of Thrones who was still breastfeeding an 8 year old? Yeah, I know it's a television series, but the point is that women all around the world have differing views on when to stop.

Will the kid have issues? Difficult to say, because it depends on the kid. According to many professional shrinks (who I've had to see on occasion, once to get accepted into a foster care program, and a couple of times in the Navy for security clearances), after hearing about how I grew up, they're amazed that I'm so well adjusted.

I'm fine with it, I'm cool with breastfeeding.

Do you think there should be any logical age where the child is too old, or is that strictly up to the mom?

Me personally? I think that it should be up to the mother to decide when to quit, or the child if they decide to wean themselves. It's really not any of my business.

I was breast fed up until I was a year old I think. If a woman wants to carry that up until the child is eligible to go to school? She should decide for herself.

As far as does this cover go too far? Nope, because there are no nipples exposed, and it's trying to make a point that some women will breast feed their children for a long time.

Besides...........did it bother anyone to see that woman in Game of Thrones who was still breastfeeding an 8 year old? Yeah, I know it's a television series, but the point is that women all around the world have differing views on when to stop.

Will the kid have issues? Difficult to say, because it depends on the kid. According to many professional shrinks (who I've had to see on occasion, once to get accepted into a foster care program, and a couple of times in the Navy for security clearances), after hearing about how I grew up, they're amazed that I'm so well adjusted.

I think in GoT, it was used to show the character's insanity.

I remember a friend's 2 y/o untying her mom's blouse and me thinking "If she's old enough to go in own self, she's old enough to be drinking from a cup."

But there are a lot of good reasons for nursing for as long as possible, and I don't think there are any negatives.

I think that it should stop by 18 months at the most. Not that I'm saying there should be a law or anything.

Is this healthy?

Time-Magazine-Cover-Are-You-Mom-Enough.jpg

That should be up to the parent and child. But my own opinion is that I wouldn't breastfeed past 3.

I don't like the cover. Not because it shows a child breastfeeding, but the photo combined with such an insulting headline is intended solely for shock value and to imply that those who don't go this route are somehow lacking in their parenting skills. It's been hard enough to get breastfeeding accepted as natural, people still have a problem with moms feeding their babies in public, expecting them to retreat into dirty bathrooms and remain out of sight. Another issue I have with the photo is that it shows no bonding between mother and child. It's cold and arrogant.

That should be up to the parent and child. But my own opinion is that I wouldn't breastfeed past 3.

I don't like the cover. Not because it shows a child breastfeeding, but the photo combined with such an insulting headline is intended solely for shock value and to imply that those who don't go this route are somehow lacking in their parenting skills. It's been hard enough to get breastfeeding accepted as natural, people still have a problem with moms feeding their babies in public, expecting them to retreat into dirty bathrooms and remain out of sight. Another issue I have with the photo is that it shows no bonding between mother and child. It's cold and arrogant.
doesn't nature know best about these things? If she is still producing milk then nature has spoken!

Three is too old to be breast feeding a child in you live in the USA. The kid can use a cup, why not pump instead of breast feed if you want the kid to continue to get the benefits of breast feeding. Something wrong there with the Mom not Time.

Forum List

Back