70 years, 1/10th of a % point make it!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Congratulations to my Mom and Dad!

Today is their 70th wedding anniversary!

I sent them a gift card for Olive Garden, and my older sister is going with them out to dinner to celebrate!

(Between 75 and 80 years old, my mom finally had it, and told my dad....she was retiring too, and wouldn't be slaving in the kitchen with her wonderful home cooked meals any more!!! So, they eat out a lot and eat at my older sister's house.... Mom will be 90 this year!)

Also, when my parents built their smaller house for retirement across the street from their huge house a few years ago, my sister and I helped them down size all of their stuff and I found a whole bunch of black and white photos of my parents when they were dating and their wedding pictures. I found a picture of dad kissing his bride, and had it blown up and framed and sent it to them as an additional gift! It was suppose to deliver Saturday, but they still haven't gotten it! It's out for delivery today.... I hope they like it!

Dad said when they woke up in bed this morning, they reminisced about their wedding day, and what time in the afternoon they got married, and who all was there etc.... I can't believe they can remember back that far! :)

I sent them a gift card for Olive Garden, and my older sister is going with them out to dinner to celebrate!

(Between 75 and 80 years old, my mom finally had it, and told my dad....she was retiring too, and wouldn't be slaving in the kitchen with her wonderful home cooked meals any more!!! So, they eat out a lot and eat at my older sister's house.... Mom will be 90 this year!)

Also, when my parents built their smaller house for retirement across the street from their huge house a few years ago, my sister and I helped them down size all of their stuff and I found a whole bunch of black and white photos of my parents when they were dating and their wedding pictures. I found a picture of dad kissing his bride, and had it blown up and framed and sent it to them as an additional gift! It was suppose to deliver Saturday, but they still haven't gotten it! It's out for delivery today.... I hope they like it!

Dad said when they woke up in bed this morning, they reminisced about their wedding day, and what time in the afternoon they got married, and who all was there etc.... I can't believe they can remember back that far! :)
Congratulations to them, that is awesome! My parents were nowhere near that, my wife's parents are married 63 years I think.

Congrats!

Congratulations to them, that is awesome! My parents were nowhere near that, my wife's parents are married 63 years I think.
My husband and I have been married 33 years, 34 next month! We'll never make it to 70 years married, we just aren't as healthy as my parents to live that long! My parents have been really blessed!

JOHNANDROSE2.jpg

This is them, 70 years ago, today! Dad was 22 and mom was 19.

This is them at my sister's house for dinner, about a year and a half ago!

20240313_181711.jpg

My husband and I have been married 33 years, 34 next month! We'll never make it to 70 years married, we just aren't as healthy as my parents to live that long! My parents have been really blessed!
Congrats to you and your husband, we just past 30 years and will certainly not see our 70th but that's ok. Enjoy the time you have.

You have to be married young and luck out with reasonably good health to make it to a 70 year anniversary. Congrats, they don't make'em like that anymore.

Time really goes by fast. My wife and I have been married for 52 years and it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating our 25th.

Like yourself I think it will be unlikely we will make it 18 more years. She will probably divorce me before then for being an asshole.

That's beautiful! Congratulations!

Forum List

Back