This Is A Program I Won't Be Watching

Why would I say that? David Tennant did play a Scottish Lord in Mary Queen of Scots, and he was fine.

Of course, whenever I see a Doctor Who actor in anything, I can't take them seriously. They've been typecast.

Now speaking of Doctor Who #10, he did a series called Broadchurch, where he spoke in his natural Scottish accent. (He did Received Pronunciation when he played the Doctor). When he did the American version, Gracepoint, he put on an American Accent which just didn't sound right.

I don't think anyone cares about Alex Cross that much...

Not really. "Legends" aren't cast often because they are legends. You hit a certain level of stardom, your casting choices actually become more limited.

James Bond is a Cold War spy from when the British Empire was still a thing. the Cold War ended a long time ago, as did the British Empire. If you wanted to make a faithful Bond movie, you should set it in the 1950's or 60's, not the modern day. Once you've taken one liberty with a property, then taking another isn't a big leap.

Going back to my discussion of the series Elementary... another big plot point is Sherlock Holmes addiction to drugs. In some ways this is faithful to the source material, but in other ways it isn't. At the time it was written, drug abuse of cocaine and opium were common vices, but not illegal and not necessarily looked down upon.

By the times the Holmes stories were adapted in the Hayes Era films starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, such references were completely expunged. (Except for one line in Hound of the Baskervilles, where Holmes slips in the line 'Bring the needle, Watson!' that must have gotten past the censors.)

Elementary, being a modern show, portrays addiction in the light of the early 21st century, it is treated like a disease, and Watson is introduced as Holmes' sober companion before becoming his partner.

Or they might have just felt that putting Superman in the role isn't the right direction to go in. When an actor gets identified with a certain character, they often find it hard to get other roles. Just ask Christopher Reeve. Or George Reeves, for that matter.

Naw, man, they killed off Tony Stark because Robert Downey was getting $15MM a film for just showing up.

I think most rationally people realize that when they kill a character in a movie, they don't kill the actor.. Usually.

No, marvel killed Tony Stark off for being a white man and replaced him with a black woman RDJ was box office as Iron Man. He deserved his hefty paydays. Billions showed up to see him for over a decade. They threw out everything that worked for identity politics. The Eternals is a disaster. Get woke, go broke! That's what happens when they kill off their meal ticket and alienate the fans half their audience with SJW rubbish!

He is irreplaceable that black girl won't do his box office numbers.

Okay, I'm not racist but Annie is a white little girl with red hair. This isn't about race anymore, it's about trying to appease to everybody. It's not like this little girl can't get other acting jobs for being black. She's young Nala from The Lion King show and color doesn't matter there. Yeah, I realize that I might be called a bigot for this, but this role wasn't written for her. What's next a male or a transgender Annie? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

How does the color of the girls skin change the story?

And you are correct, you are a bigot, it is good you can recognize that

you are correct, you will never bring me to your bigoted point of view. The color of the girl and her hair has nothing to do with the story.

Annie being a white girl with bright red hair is a BIG part of the story, because like Concerned American said, that's how the author wrote her character to be.

Naw, people are free to have whatever views they want, but man, when you have a really stupid one, like "There are too many black people on TV", you are going into Karen Territory.
You're a fucking idiot. Who are you to say other peoples' opinions are wrong while ONLY your opinions are right.

Blacks are way over-represented on TV and in commercials relative to their percentage of the population. I say again, make 13% of broadcast jobs available to blacks. That is fair. But I don' t want to see a black face every time I look at my TV screen.

Finally, JoeB131, your obsession with blacks baffles me. But, if you love blacks so much, I' m sure you could find some black guy on the down low who'd gladly fill your mouth so much you wouldn't even be able to talk - much less think up the stupid shit you post on this board.

And, if that doesn't suit your dumb ass, there are neighborhoods, and nightclubs, you can visit where you'd be sliced and diced, and you'd be found dead the next morning with your own junk shoved halfway down your throat.

I repeat. You're a fucking idiot. You know nothing about black people.

Last edited:
You know having Annie be a black girl is the same thing as Harry Potter being a transgendered Hispanic to me. If somebody wrote for Annie to be black I wouldn't have a problem with it, but they didn't.

Ah, but you are a bigot. The fact that you can justify stupidity in one direction and not the other, proves it, moron.

The story of an orphan girl being chosen out of the orphanage by a rich man does not change based on the skin color of the girl. The story is the same story, but you cannot handle the idea of a black person getting lucky in that way.

Forum List

Back