This Is A Program I Won't Be Watching

I know right, how you think the story being Annie changes with the skin color of the girl is bewildering, it is almost as if you cannot handle seeing something good happen to a black girl, even in make believe.

ROTFLMAO this is the stupidest conclusion that I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

I noticed you didn't have a response to Tom Hanks as Kunte Kinte in the Roots remake. Bigot.

In a Roots remake the color of the person's skin is central to the story, there were not white being taken out of Africa as slaves being sent to the US.

The story of Annie has nothing to do with race, thus race is irrelevant.

ROTFLMAO this is the stupidest conclusion that I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

Then you should look in the mirror as it is the only one that fits the situation. The race of Annie has no bearing on the story at all, the story changes not one iota no matter what race Annie is

The story of an orphan girl being chosen out of the orphanage by a rich man does not change based on the skin color of the girl. The story is the same story, but you cannot handle the idea of a black person getting lucky in that way.
I believe the writer had something in mind when it was written. They didn't say an orphaned black girl--they said a red head in a red dress. How about LaVar Burton as Simon Legree? Answer me that, Bigot.

In a Roots remake the color of the person's skin is central to the story, there were not white being taken out of Africa as slaves being sent to the US.

The story of Annie has nothing to do with race, thus race is irrelevant.
Only in your mind is it irrelevant--the writer's intent was clear. Your point is race is irrelevant in one fictional account makes you a hypocritical bigot when you can't see that race is irrelevant on the opposite side of the coin. Admit your racism and you will be free.

Were there a lot of white millionaires that were adopting black children in the 20s and 30s? Answer your own irrelevant questions, bigot.

Another REALLY good point considering the fact that Annie took place around the 1932-33 era.

Roots is about slavery--the point does not change if the skin color changes. See how that works you bigoted, hypocritical POS.

Roots is a historical drama, Annie is based off of a Sunday morning comic strip.

The fact that you wish to try and compare the two just highlights your bigotry.

Roots is a historical drama,
Roots is an EMBELLISHED fictional account. "Little Orphant Annie" is an 1885 poem written by James Whitcomb Riley and published by the Bowen-Merrill Company. All of which has no bearing on whether or not it is proper to change a literary offering to assuage a particular group's feelings of inadequacy. The fact that you try to justify that in one instance and not in another makes you a hypocrite and the fact that your opinion is based on race makes you a bigot and a racist. Like most democrats, your projection is meant to deflect from your own failings.

Well look on the bright side of this movie. 'At least the little girl knows she is a girl I'd imagine.

th

The Critics will compare her performance with the original actress that made it a hit. They may be brutal so I hope she and those involved have thick skin.
Haha - yeah ...no.
Most of the critics are a bit on the woke side, so they will giver her the usual "affirmative action" points.
You see this especially with Rotten Tomatoes. Every single gay and LGBQT film gets at least 90% - most 100%.

Did you eat paint chips as a child.

13% of the population means that you can't go a day without encountering a black person. Okay... well, that means they'll be on TV a lot as well.

Most shows are about white people... and the majority of the cast is white.
And most Black people I meet are janitors or serving food thanks to 50+ years of Democrats running their areas.

By that logic, most of the really evil shit in history was done by white males.... Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Franco, all white dudes....

The Western World was a short period of White people abusing the rest of the world through exploitation and colonization... now it's coming back to bite us.
African's a pretty big continent with lots of resources and the Blacks still can't get their shit together.

Forum List

Back