Has the DC political center had enough?

Thanks

The doctors pushing sex changes are quacks that should have their medical lic revoked
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

The Left never apologizes for anything.

They have taken over medicine and the judiciary.

I can assure you, they will not suffer in the least.

I was really encouraged with the coordinated and largely peaceful way in which the police went in and dismantled the protest camps, and peacefully ended the protests. The college year is ending and the students will be returning home for the summer, and the protests will fizzle out.

Unlike the BLM protests in 2020, where the police went in violently attacking the marchers, this time the police went in shut the camps down without using violennce. I'm watching them at UCLA right now, and the difference between now and 2020 is heartening.

Of course Biden isn't going to let the country go up in flames like Trump did. Trump was stoking the violence and the protests because they helped his re-election. It doesn't get more cynical than that.

It also gives the American people a sharp contrast with Trump watching the nation burn, encouraging right wing thugs to go after the protestors, enjoying the violence, and Biden, quietly coordinating the shut down, and clean up, with a minimum of injury. Putting American first.

That's the true meaning of "America First". Nation over party. Making sure the students weren't injured and killed, but shutting down the illegal protests - safely.
It will be interesting to learn the degree to which "outside agitators" promoted illegal activities at each campus to disrupt negotiation progress.

Apparently much was achieved despite all the pissing and moaning from the corporate media.

I've seen varying "reports" on the potential for violence that still remains in these protests, so fingers crossed. Obviously college campuses have a mixed history at best with this stuff, so the wrong thing said at the wrong time can send things south pretty quickly.

The kids have made their point, and now we'll see if cooler heads can prevail. It sure ain't over yet.

Yes, I have fingers crossed as well. In fairness, the administrators don't have a lot of recent experience with this shit, but where they have, the results have generally been a shit show.

What seems clear to me is that every police force going in and dismantling these encampments - all on the same night, all using the minimum force possible, and all with reports of only minor injuries, was a well coordinated effort with the cops warned that violence against students would not be tolerated.

The UCLA protest is now over, and police are in control. Columbia isn't allowing anyone on campus who isn't a student, staffer, or an invitee. I suspect other schools will be doing the same.

I’m not far right dumbass.
If you ain't far Left, you are a fascist Nazi loving Taliban racist monster from hell, don't ya know.

Did I mention you resemble Hitler like everyone who opposes the Left in any way?

1714660125889.png

Last edited:
I'm not getting my hopes up -- yet -- but it's nice to see some adults in both parties looking like they've had enough.

Moscow Marge is too far, and a negative to her party, no matter what the rubes think and some Republicans are speaking up. Some of the rhetoric of the pro-Palestine protestors is too far, and a net negative to their cause, no matter what the nutters think, and some Democrats are speaking up.

Obviously the adults haven't been able to get control back, but at least it's nice to know they still freakin' exist.

^^^Here's the Biden voter talking (lying) about "the center" again.

NO ONE is buying your bullshit.

I'm not getting my hopes up -- yet -- but it's nice to see some adults in both parties looking like they've had enough.

Moscow Marge is too far, and a negative to her party, no matter what the rubes think and some Republicans are speaking up. Some of the rhetoric of the pro-Palestine protestors is too far, and a net negative to their cause, no matter what the nutters think, and some Democrats are speaking up.

Obviously the adults haven't been able to get control back, but at least it's nice to know they still freakin' exist.

Johnson is only in there because he's a fool and has no idea what he's doing. Thus others can control him.

Just like Biden.

Lots of folks here just don't like the idea of intellectual honesty in government.

These people in Congress aren't afraid to just be honest and describe what they're seeing, even if it's about their own party.

Everything has to be Us vs. Them. Damn shame.

We asked for it. A along time ago.

When big business figured out government was a money machine, they figured out how to game the system.

20%+ of our GDP goes through D.C. That's huge.

And our national debt is now at 34 trillion.

Do you hear MAGA saying anything about that ?

Do you hear the left saying anything about that ?

Pretty soon, it won't matter.

That's how it works. You can only be one or the other. It's all they know.

Hell, they say that the Republicans who have dared to speak out are commies.

Their world is very small, very binary.

You've only always looked at a small cross section and ignore those who don't fit your narrative.

Do you need some Kleenex ?

Forum List

Back