This Is A Program I Won't Be Watching

Your reasoning is obtuse. You will say Scottish actors like David Tennant couldn't play a Scottish lord in 11th century White Scotland,
Why would I say that? David Tennant did play a Scottish Lord in Mary Queen of Scots, and he was fine.

Of course, whenever I see a Doctor Who actor in anything, I can't take them seriously. They've been typecast.

Now speaking of Doctor Who #10, he did a series called Broadchurch, where he spoke in his natural Scottish accent. (He did Received Pronunciation when he played the Doctor). When he did the American version, Gracepoint, he put on an American Accent which just didn't sound right.

To score points on Twitter if someone did another Alex Cross film if they cast Michael Keaton in the lead role. The backlash would be intolerant to whites.
I don't think anyone cares about Alex Cross that much...

They would pressure a legend to drop out of the movie because he is white. It is a double standard, and it is also one-sided.

Not really. "Legends" aren't cast often because they are legends. You hit a certain level of stardom, your casting choices actually become more limited.

James Bond is a white man. Ian Designed him. White, so he continued to be adapted for decades. As white as he should be, making him black would be silly, and people like you would call us racist for speaking out how they are cheating whites out of work.

James Bond is a Cold War spy from when the British Empire was still a thing. the Cold War ended a long time ago, as did the British Empire. If you wanted to make a faithful Bond movie, you should set it in the 1950's or 60's, not the modern day. Once you've taken one liberty with a property, then taking another isn't a big leap.

Going back to my discussion of the series Elementary... another big plot point is Sherlock Holmes addiction to drugs. In some ways this is faithful to the source material, but in other ways it isn't. At the time it was written, drug abuse of cocaine and opium were common vices, but not illegal and not necessarily looked down upon.

By the times the Holmes stories were adapted in the Hayes Era films starring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, such references were completely expunged. (Except for one line in Hound of the Baskervilles, where Holmes slips in the line 'Bring the needle, Watson!' that must have gotten past the censors.)

Elementary, being a modern show, portrays addiction in the light of the early 21st century, it is treated like a disease, and Watson is introduced as Holmes' sober companion before becoming his partner.

Did they tell Henry Cavill to come back when your older and play 007? Now he gets passed over for being white? Because other whites played the role, how are you going to say that's fair To him and white kids and other white actors like my fan choice Sam Heughan to push them aside and say because I had white James Bonds? And Brosnan and Connery had the chance to play 007, and because I saw myself reflected on-screen, others won't.

Or they might have just felt that putting Superman in the role isn't the right direction to go in. When an actor gets identified with a certain character, they often find it hard to get other roles. Just ask Christopher Reeve. Or George Reeves, for that matter.

They killed off tony stark for being white.

Naw, man, they killed off Tony Stark because Robert Downey was getting $15MM a film for just showing up.

His replacement in the MCU is a black girl. The iron heart is not going to do two billion at the box office. Green lantern is any race, but I read tom cruise turned down to playing Hal Jordan because they wanted to kill him off at the end and replace him with a black guy. Like any rational person, he said. No, he wanted to stay alive.

I think most rationally people realize that when they kill a character in a movie, they don't kill the actor.. Usually.

Seriously.

The pendulum always swings too far to the left or to the right.

At the present time, it is too far to the left.

The powers-that-be have decided to make ethnicity X feel loved and needed in order to apologize for centuries of discrimination.

Not to worry.

When Americans of ALL ethnicities stop watching TV shows or movies that are obviously intended to make ethnicity X feel good about themselves, then producers will stop this silliness.

Seriously.

The pendulum always swings too far to the left or to the right.

At the present time, it is too far to the left.

The powers-that-be have decided to make ethnicity X feel loved and needed in order to apologize for centuries of discrimination.

Not to worry.

When Americans of ALL ethnicities stop watching TV shows or movies that are obviously intended to make ethnicity X feel good about themselves, then producers will stop this silliness.

You're probably right. I certainly hope so.

Getting things back to 'normal' can't happen fast enough, as far as I' m concerned.

Movies, TV, etc., should reflect the makeup of the population in order to be believable. What we're now suffering through is disgusting social engineering. It's entirely based on lies and wishful thinking. It's pure bullshit.

You're probably right. I certainly hope so.

Getting things back to 'normal' can't happen fast enough, as far as I' m concerned.

Movies, TV, etc., should reflect the makeup of the population in order to be believable. What we're now suffering through is disgusting social engineering. It's entirely based on lies and wishful thinking. It's pure bullshit.

Right. we should go back to the way TV was in 1950's when black people were all servants and gays were bad stereotypes...

Oh, wait. That wasn't realistic then or now.

Right. we should go back to the way TV was in 1950's when black people were all servants and gays were bad stereotypes...

Please. TRY to use your fucked up brain.

What I would consider normal, in casting on TV, would be for the numbers of blacks, whites, etc., to reflect the population at large. Period.

Blacks are about 13 percent of the population. So having blacks in every fucking scene of a show or commercial is a HUGE distortion of reality.

If you can't see that then you' re too blind and stupid to post a sensible message on any forum. And you prove that responding to you is a total waste of time.

Have a nice day.

Please. TRY to use your fucked up brain.

What I would consider normal, in casting on TV, would be for the numbers of blacks, whites, etc., to reflect the population at large. Period.

Blacks are about 13 percent of the population. So having blacks in every fucking scene of a show or commercial is a HUGE distortion of reality.

If you can't see that then you' re too blind and stupid to post a sensible message on any forum. And you prove that responding to you is a total waste of time.

Did you eat paint chips as a child.

13% of the population means that you can't go a day without encountering a black person. Okay... well, that means they'll be on TV a lot as well.

Most shows are about white people... and the majority of the cast is white.

Okay, I'm not racist but Annie is a white little girl with red hair. This isn't about race anymore, it's about trying to appease to everybody. It's not like this little girl can't get other acting jobs for being black. She's young Nala from The Lion King show and color doesn't matter there. Yeah, I realize that I might be called a bigot for this, but this role wasn't written for her. What's next a male or a transgender Annie? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

You are a bigot. And stupid.

Did you eat paint chips as a child.

13% of the population means that you can't go a day without encountering a black person. Okay... well, that means they'll be on TV a lot as well.

Most shows are about white people... and the majority of the cast is white.
You're ridiculous.

One can go through entire days without seeing any blacks.

They're 13% of the population but they're not sprinkled about like salt. Most people hang out in like groups - they self-segregate.

I've lived closely around blacks, whites, and Hispanics all my life. I guarantee I know more about blacks than you could even dream of knowing. You'a naive dumbass. It sounds like you've lived in a fucking closet all your life.

Now run along like a nice little kid. And stop embarrassing yourself by talking about shit you so obviously know nothing about.

Last edited:
You're ridiculous.

One can go through entire days without seeing any blacks.
I'm sure you can... living in your mother's basement.... not having a job.

They're 13% of the population but they're not sprinkled about like salt. Most people hang out in like groups - they self-segregate.

I've lived closely around blacks, whites, and Hispanics all my life. I guarantee I know more about blacks than you could even dream of knowing. You'a naive dumbass. It sounds like you've lived in a fucking closet all your life.

No one can live around people all their lives and be as bigoted as you are, to the point where you are screaming, "MOMMY, THERE ARE TOO MANY BLACKS ON TV!!!!"

No one can live around people all their lives and be as bigoted as you are, to the point where you are screaming, "MOMMY, THERE ARE TOO MANY BLACKS ON TV!!!!"
You mean exactly the same way YOU respond to people of faith? Hypocrite.

I'm sure you can... living in your mother's basement.... not having a job.

You're a pathetic loser. Completely clueless. And too fucking stupid to realize it.

Please. Do not reply to my posts again. It's a waste of time having to respond to you. Otherwise I'll have to banish you to my Sambo room.

You mean exactly the same way YOU respond to people of faith? Hypocrite.

Religion is a choice. Race is not.

If you choose to believe in sky fairies, then you kind of deserve all the mockery you get.

But this is about TV. Frankly, I haven't seen anything on TV that really treats religious people in a poor light. Quite the contrary, what I see more often than not is when things are adapted for the screen, anti-religious sentiment is often downplayed from the source material.

Two examples. When they made X-Men 2, they changed the primary antagonist from a Televangelist in the original graphic novel to a rogue military officer. (The original graphic novel was 100 times better.)

Second example- When they adapted the Golden Compass from "His Dark Materials" books, they expunged all the religious undertones from the script, to a point where it made not a lick of sense.

Even whacky Mormon Fundamentalists are treated well, in shows like "Big Love" which paint a happy face on Mormon Polygamy.

Religion is a choice. Race is not.

If you choose to believe in sky fairies, then you kind of deserve all the mockery you get.

But this is about TV. Frankly, I haven't seen anything on TV that really treats religious people in a poor light. Quite the contrary, what I see more often than not is when things are adapted for the screen, anti-religious sentiment is often downplayed from the source material.

Two examples. When they made X-Men 2, they changed the primary antagonist from a Televangelist in the original graphic novel to a rogue military officer. (The original graphic novel was 100 times better.)

Second example- When they adapted the Golden Compass from "His Dark Materials" books, they expunged all the religious undertones from the script, to a point where it made not a lick of sense.

Even whacky Mormon Fundamentalists are treated well, in shows like "Big Love" which paint a happy face on Mormon Polygamy.
Bigotry is a choice, you hypocrite.

Bigotry is a choice, you hypocrite.

Not at all. Every religious choice is a bigotry, by your logic, even Atheism. You think the universe works a certain way or you don't. This Interfaith Pancake Breakfast shit is nice and all, but either you accept the world works the way the Catholics or Mormons think it does, or you don't. And, yes, certain religions are worthy of nothing but contempt, such as Mormonism, which is a proven historical fraud!

Happy to have cleared that up for you.

So, anyone who dares to have views that differ from yours, is to be condemned?

You're a phony self-righteous fuckhead. You're the loser, you worthless t-wat.

Naw, people are free to have whatever views they want, but man, when you have a really stupid one, like "There are too many black people on TV", you are going into Karen Territory.

And what we see now is not realistic. Correcting things in the past has been pushed to far because of wokeness. I can take some of it, but I do not even watch movies and TV that shows this being propaganda for special interests. Everything is racist and bigoted. And those who spout it who are white ain't giving up their spots on the totem pole while other are denied for it. All I know is that most of the true movers and shakers in the Western World are white males when it comes to true advances in ways of living. Then can show all of the PC, diversity, and quota people they want in the front as they do well today. But the real engine is still white males. And you keep crapping on them.

And what we see now is not realistic. Correcting things in the past has been pushed to far because of wokeness. I can take some of it, but I do not even watch movies and TV that shows this being propaganda for special interests. Everything is racist and bigoted. And those who spout it who are white ain't giving up their spots on the totem pole while other are denied for it. All I know is that most of the true movers and shakers in the Western World are white males when it comes to true advances in ways of living. Then can show all of the PC, diversity, and quota people they want in the front as they do well today. But the real engine is still white males. And you keep crapping on them.

By that logic, most of the really evil shit in history was done by white males.... Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Franco, all white dudes....

The Western World was a short period of White people abusing the rest of the world through exploitation and colonization... now it's coming back to bite us.

Forum List

Back