The Trinity - 1 Yet 3 - Makes Human Family-Love-Relationships Possible

I wouldn't say I'm complicating things. I reserve a right to ask questions and to examine the responses. In terms of knowing Gods, there are lots of people who will claim to know the Gods' will / intent and claim to be true arbiters of such knowledge.
That's like asking those who have eaten a dish you have heard about to come up with the recipe. Seek God, not His followers.
As the Gods have chosen not to communicate with me directly, I'm left to discover them via the only means describing their character: the Bible. If the Bible is in error, would the Gods give me a demerit for making a personal decision as the efficacy of some parts vs. others?

To know the Gods would be to understand their communications with humans. Those communications are in the form of various books written by men on behalf of the Gods. That's a legitimate description because we know of no Gods delivering a complete manuscript to humanity. We know that events surrounding Jesus, according to some, God in human form, were written by unknown authors decades and more after his death. Once again, we are left, apparently, to pick and choose which pieces of various holy texts we are accept or reject.
Seek God, not information about God.
What happens if selfish emotion causes me to seek out the Gods I prefer vs. the Gods who are?

I am at real risk of making the wrong choice and spending an eternity apart from salvation?

What if I choose incorrectly but the Gods reward strength of conviction over accepting dogma?

What happens if selfish emotion causes me to seek out the Gods I prefer vs. the Gods who are?
What happens when one makes any bad decision? Choose drunkenness and sobriety is missed. Choose evil and goodness is missed. Choose hate and miss love.

I am at real risk of making the wrong choice and spending an eternity apart from salvation?
Who says you will miss salvation? (I'm betting it is someone on the porch, not anyone in the mansion.)

What if I choose incorrectly but the Gods reward strength of conviction over accepting dogma?
Choose what makes the best you. Stop worrying about conviction and dogma. A map may help you to reach your destination, but it changes not an iota of you.

Yes, the notion of eternal life
Wrong track. It is about this life, here and now.
I agree with that. In this corporeal life, my actions affect those in the here and now. I don't need the presence of Gods and the threat of punishment / reward of earning favors in the afterlife to know that treating myself and others with respect and kindness is mutually beneficial.

What happens when one makes any bad decision? Choose drunkenness and sobriety is missed. Choose evil and goodness is missed. Choose hate and miss love.
I agree. Those are life choices we all make. The benefits of making good choices aid in a healthy, happy life. There are material benefits that don't require any commitment to Gods.

There are material benefits that don't require any commitment to Gods.
Absolutely! However, a happy, healthy spiritual life requires reaching beyond the physical. Why settle for one when both are in reach?

Who says you will miss salvation? (I'm betting it is someone on the porch, not anyone in the mansion.)
I don't accept the notion of salvation. I'm not perfect but I live my life under the precept that if I can make things a little better, improve my life and the lives of those around me even a small amount, let the Gods judge as they wish, I have no regrets.

There are material benefits that don't require any commitment to Gods.
Absolutely! However, a happy, healthy spiritual life requires reaching beyond the physical. Why settle for one when both are in reach?
I'm not sure what "spiritual'', means. I can feel confident, self-assured, grateful for what I have, look forward with both trepidation and excitement regarding what may happen tomorrow. I'm unclear what spiritual / ethereal realms are in play.

I don't accept the notion of salvation
Since sins are forgiven, salvation is upon us. Kind of like air. Or that saying I delight in: Whoever it was that discovered water, it wasn't a fish. Maybe the same holds true for you and salvation. ;)

I don't accept the notion of salvation
Since sins are forgiven, salvation is upon us. Kind of like air. Or that saying I delight in: Whoever it was that discovered water, it wasn't a fish. Maybe the same holds true for you and salvation. ;)
I believe Christianity says otherwise. The only way to get to paradise according to the Bible is you gotta' accept Jesus. Everything else is revisionism and wishful thinking.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

In other words, your acts don't matter. You're the greatest person in the world? Too bad -- you burn, heathen.

I believe Christianity says otherwise. The only way to get to paradise according to the Bible is you gotta' accept Jesus. Everything else is revisionism and wishful thinking.
Now you're not even on the front porch. You backed up and are on the sidewalk. ;)

I'm on the sidewalk in front of contingent reality.
Grin. Why not enter into the reality, not just stand in front of it?
I'm fully immersed in reality of material existence. It's very easy for non-materialists to purse this matter in the proper way.

First, establish a solid theory for the idea of something outside of the "materialist" realm (i.e., the "supernatural"). Then, establish a theory that relies on a rational premise and shows a correlation.
In the material world, nature has no consciousness to capriciously change things, there are no miracles, the universe operates in ways we largely understand and what we don't currently understand can be knowable and I don't assert anything other than an empirically consistent nature is "behind" existence.

I don't get the hate for the 'trinitarian' concept or why it's so controversial; it's pretty simple and basic. We all play different roles in the same life; I have my work role, my husband role, and my father role, and no one runs around accusing me of being 'three different people', so why such a problem with the Trinitarian idea? Forget the stupid Orthodox Jewish rubbish, they're just bigots and racists, and have nothing to do with the pre-exile Hebrews and Moses of the Old Testament, which is why God obviously dumped them and their '2nd Temple' scam and let Christianity flourish.

"Christianity is Judaism completed."- Benjamin Disraeli.

Forum List

Back