The Satanic Temple and the LGBT Community

Here is somthing that I just happened upon that is quite interesting. Now I know that there are those of you on the board who will just read the headline and go toally bonkers and claim that this proves how evil and sick LGBT people are. Chill!!

This is not about Devil worship. This is about an alternative to the usual brands of religion that often reject LGBT people . Therefore I urge you all to read the whole piece, and possibly do you own research before freaking out.

Gay people are turning to Satan

The Satanic Temple has a thriving LGBT community, according to one of its most senior figures.
Ash Blackwood, who established a Satanist chapter in New York City, spoke to Vice about how the movement has become a hub for LGBT people.

Mr Blackwood explained to the outlet that in contrast to a lot of organised religion, Satanism has fostered an “enthusiastically accepting atmosphere for LGBTQ people”.

Its inclusive platform has paid off – and Satanic Temple founder Lucien Greaves added that he wouldn’t be surprised if more than half of the congregation identifies as LGBT.

I will add that I don't agree with what follows here. I have no desire to "freak out Christians" Many have an open mind about LGBT people and alternative religions. If any are freaked out, and I'm sure there will be, try taking a deep break and think about what exactly you're freaked out about.

Despite its name – intended to freak out Christians – the Satanic Temple is essentially an atheistic movement, explaining “we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan”.

Moving on, I have absolutely no problem with any of the rest of this. In fact I might join:

The group explains: “To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions.”

The movement is also proud of its pro-LGBT record, while using its status as a quasi-religious group to challenge the seeping of religion into secular government activities.

It adds: “The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people, reject tyrannical authority, advocate practical common sense and justice, and be directed by the human conscience to undertake noble pursuits guided by the individual will.

Here is somthing that I just happened upon that is quite interesting. Now I know that there are those of you on the board who will just read the headline and go toally bonkers and claim that this proves how evil and sick LGBT people are. Chill!!

This is not about Devil worship. This is about an alternative to the usual brands of religion that often reject LGBT people . Therefore I urge you all to read the whole piece, and possibly do you own research before freaking out.

The Satanic Temple has a thriving LGBT community, according to one of its most senior figures.
Ash Blackwood, who established a Satanist chapter in New York City, spoke to Vice about how the movement has become a hub for LGBT people.

Mr Blackwood explained to the outlet that in contrast to a lot of organised religion, Satanism has fostered an “enthusiastically accepting atmosphere for LGBTQ people”.

Its inclusive platform has paid off – and Satanic Temple founder Lucien Greaves added that he wouldn’t be surprised if more than half of the congregation identifies as LGBT.

I will add that I don't agree with what follows here. I have no desire to "freak out Christians" Many have an open mind about LGBT people and alternative religions. If any are freaked out, and I'm sure there will be, try taking a deep break and think about what exactly you're freaked out about.

Despite its name – intended to freak out Christians – the Satanic Temple is essentially an atheistic movement, explaining “we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan”.

Moving on, I have absolutely no problem with any of the rest of this. In fact I might join:

The group explains: “To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions.”

The movement is also proud of its pro-LGBT record, while using its status as a quasi-religious group to challenge the seeping of religion into secular government activities.

It adds: “The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people, reject tyrannical authority, advocate practical common sense and justice, and be directed by the human conscience to undertake noble pursuits guided by the individual will.

Doug (aka "Lucien Grieves") is a friend of mine. He started the Satanic Temple as a joke, and look at it now.

God, are you being gay again?!

Pretty sure the Satanic Temple doesnt actually believe in satan. "satan" is a metaphor for rebellion or something like that.
They do alot of good things for children and the poor.

Doug (aka "Lucien Grieves") is a friend of mine. He started the Satanic Temple as a joke, and look at it now.

As long as you don't start calling Pastafarian religion a joke you can believe what you want.
dish_fsm.jpg

Pretty sure the Satanic Temple doesnt actually believe in satan. "satan" is a metaphor for rebellion or something like that.

That's half of it. The other half is trolling holy rollers.
Wasnt it this group that did that thing in Florida? Cant remember the details, ugh.

They've done a bunch of stunts, in various states. I don't remember specifically what they did in Florida, but they adopt highways, and start after-school programs, as well as petition for statues of Satan in state buildings that have allowed religious iconography.

Wasnt it this group that did that thing in Florida? Cant remember the details, ugh.

They've done a bunch of stunts, in various states. I don't remember specifically what they did in Florida, but they adopt highways, and start after-school programs, as well as petition for statues of Satan in state buildings that have allowed religious iconography.
I think it was something about prayer? They jumped all over it and i laughed my ass off

I think it was something about prayer? They jumped all over it and i laughed my ass off

Yeah, I think a city council in Florida would open their sessions with an invocation, and because they can't discriminate, the local chapter of the Satanic Temple petitioned to, and did deliver that opening prayer.

Turning to natural laws, Wicca or Paganism is not necessarily turning to Satan.

Regardless of which path you take to seek truth, we should arrive at the same truth anyway, if truth by definition is "universal" and is NEVER contradictory where it conflicts with any other person's truth they live by. If you run into conflicts, then something is not consistent or accurate, so that's a big sign that there is falsehood or selfish bias involved that is not "universal truth" that would be "all encompassing" by definition.

BTW one of the precepts in Satanism is not to deceive oneself. So if this is practiced consistently, one would have to be true to oneself and consistent with all other truth out there.

So as long as you reconcile in truth, then it doesn't matter which affiliation or label you to choose to express the truth, the underlying principles should be consistent.

There should not be conflict between people of any religious tradition, if they are truly following universal truth which should encompass all relative expressions of truth

Really??!!

Really??!!

Acquaintance is probably a better term than friend - he's a friend of a friend.

But we've hung out a bunch of times. He's a smart guy.

Homos don't need to turn to Satan because they are already with him.

Dear DarkFury: Satan represents fear of the unknown and Selfishness that separates and turns us away from God.

So anything selfish or fearbased is what Satanic forces manipulate.

How much of your approach and judgment is fear based?

If we focus on love we can heal whatever separates us by fear. The Bible reminds us perfect love casts out fear. So Satan has no dominion where God's love rules our relations.

Dear DarkFury: Satan represents fear of the unknown and Selfishness that separates and turns us away from God.

If we focus on love we can heal whatever separates us by fear. The Bible reminds us perfect love casts out fear. So Satan has no dominion where God's love rules our relations.
The ACT of the homo is already called a sin. Thus the homo can't get into heaven and the Bible does not send them to Denny's.

The ACT of the homo is already called a sin. Thus the homo can't get into heaven and the Bible does not send them to Denny's.
-It is called a sin by you and some others while many other do not consider it a sin and a good many of those-myself included- do not even relate to the concept of sin. I don't believe in the concept of heaven and hell either. You are entitled to your beliefs as they pertain to how you live your life, but you are not entitled to judge others. If there is a judgement day, you might be surprised to find out that God is not a bigot and then you will be in trouble.

Forum List

Back