Zone1 What do the World Religions teach about Tattoos?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I dont have any tattoos but many do, and i dont really consider it "evil" only if it is a satanic symbol then it could be kinda like dedicating your body to the devil, but you could also have the head of jesus on your back or a cross on your forearm tattooed ? Why not?

I read from Catholic exorcists, that it is better not to have tattoos.... I dont know the official stance of the Catholic Church

I think Judaism is the strictest about tattoos, you cannot be burried traditionally jewish if you have tattoos right? What does Islam teach or Hinduism and Buddhism?

Catholic Exorcists on Tattoos

I've always thought one like this would look well on you. Too, the artist would have an ample canvas...

12c96b31e17f2233e5b82f687ffad4b5.jpg

I dont have any tattoos but many do, and i dont really consider it "evil" only if it is a satanic symbol then it could be kinda like dedicating your body to the devil, but you could also have the head of jesus on your back or a cross on your forearm tattooed ? Why not?

I read from Catholic exorcists, that it is better not to have tattoos.... I dont know the official stance of the Catholic Church

I think Judaism is the strictest about tattoos, you cannot be burried traditionally jewish if you have tattoos right? What does Islam teach or Hinduism and Buddhism?

Catholic Exorcists on Tattoos

From a Christian standpoint, the body is a temple of God. Would Jesus have gone to the temple as he did many times and deface it with graffiti? No. Our bodies are temples for our spirits where the Holy Ghost can come in and comfort, testify and teach truth. Tattoos degrade the temple, our bodies. It says, look at my outer beauty and not my true self, especially what is on the inside.

Can those who tattoo themselves repent? Yes. Do they have to get the tattoos removed? No.

From a Christian standpoint, the body is a temple of God. Would Jesus have gone to the temple as he did many times and deface it with graffiti? No. Our bodies are temples for our spirits where the Holy Ghost can come in and comfort, testify and teach truth. Tattoos degrade the temple, our bodies. It says, look at my outer beauty and not my true self, especially what is on the inside.
Mormons have done a lot of cultural damage in the Pacific.

Prevalent Tattoos and piercings are suppose to be a Sign of the Times, from what I have read on it?

Mormons have done a lot of cultural damage in the Pacific.
:laughing0301: :laughing0301::laughing0301:
Facts please. We have spend millions helping the Pacificers with many areas. Including with floods and many other disasters. What has your Church or Atheists done?

Mormons preach Pacific culture is not worthy. Spare me the smug supremacy vibe.
Prove this. This is so wrong. Where do you get this nonsense from? We are very sensitive to cultures of people. Very much so of American Indians as well. It's you with the smug supremacy vibe as you spew lies.

As though scattering money around for church buildings compensates for the destruction of Pacific culture. Well, seems to let Mormons think well of their cultural imperialism, so there is that.

This below directly contradicts Pacific culture and casts it as inferior, not worthy. Mormons never stop doing this in the Pacific. Elsewhere too, I'd imagine.
You are a complete idiot. Our mission is to teach the gospel to all people. We don’t judge those who have lived their lives without the gospel of Jesus Christ. When we teach them and they make their own changes we baptize them. If they don’t, we still love them. And we show it by the way we treat them and work with them and help them. The Church is well respected out in the Pacific.

As though scattering money around for church buildings compensates for the destruction of Pacific culture. Well, seems to let Mormons think well of their cultural imperialism, so there is that.
Your are a stupid person. Explain how we are destroying their culture? We are giving them opportunities both in earth and in heaven. The latter is more important than thinking tattoos makes up their culture. That’s just stupid.

Explain how we are destroying their culture? We are giving them opportunities both in earth and in heaven. The latter is more important than thinking tattoos makes up their culture.
How ignorant can one Mormon demonstrate herself to be? I mean, it's not as if she knows the first thing about Pacific or Maori culture but that's not going to stop her.

Your name's not Karen, is it?

The latter is more important than thinking tattoos makes up their culture. That’s just stupid.
Wow. You've done the twofer. Ignorant and stupid in your certainty that other cultures either don't exist or don't matter.

Learn about the history, symbols and designs of tā moko, the unique expression of Māori cultural heritage and identity through tattoo. Discover how tā moko is applied to different parts of the body and what it represents for men and women.
1102417_orig.jpg

You're telling this man he should repent his heritage and culture.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back