The Rittenhouse Verdict

You’re Canadian?
Yes, and that adds a different dimension to this discussion. You or others my not agree with what I say but it doesn't hurt to hear it. Rittenhouse would have been immediately arrested and hopefully before he committed murder in Canada.
That's just the facts of the matter, and fwiw it saves many lives by restricting that sort of careless use of firearms.

Yes, and that adds a different dimension to this discussion. You or others my not agree with what I say but it doesn't hurt to hear it. Rittenhouse would have been immediately arrested and hopefully before he committed murder in Canada.
That's just the facts of the matter, and fwiw it saves many lives by restricting that sort of careless use of firearms.
Yes, it does add another dimension. I am not interested in arguing with a foreigner who thinks America is an inferior country.

Need to bring back the chain gangs... Get a dump truck to bring a load of large rocks out, and then pass out the sledge hammers. Time for the prisoner's to make crusher-run or other such crushed material to be used or sold by the prison again.

"Hard work ain't never killed anyone" my grandma always used to say.

Some need to be taken off of the planet they are so far gone. Work is even being to kind to them.
Your idea to make prison time not a place to sleep and lounge around is so sensible it begs the question why is prison not so bad? Why do repeat offenders continue to spiral in and out so frequently and predictably?

It makes little sense that states and cities do not connect to local start-up businesses (some smart thinking prison heads have) to give the business cheap laborers who can earn a small wage. Inmates who opt out would still be assigned jobs to help run the prison basically (laundry, cooking) but no pay. Prisoners frequently express boredom in jail which leads to more criminal activity within the jails. Prisoners try to get certain prison jobs as opposed to others (cleaning bathrooms on the bottom of the list) and only those acting right qualify for paid labor. It would be a win-win situation for a prison and I don’t understand why more aren’t proactive in this measure.

Your idea to make prison time not a place to sleep and lounge around is so sensible it begs the question why is prison not so bad? Why do repeat offenders continue to spiral in and out so frequently and predictably?

It makes little sense that states and cities do not connect to local start-up businesses (some smart thinking prison heads have) to give the business cheap laborers who can earn a small wage. Inmates who opt out would still be assigned jobs to help run the prison basically (laundry, cooking) but no pay. Prisoners frequently express boredom in jail which leads to more criminal activity within the jails. Prisoners try to get certain prison jobs as opposed to others (cleaning bathrooms on the bottom of the list) and only those acting right qualify for paid labor. It would be a win-win situation for a prison and I don’t understand why more aren’t proactive in this measure.
Prison systems for profit.
Why do Americans never get it right? You start off with a decent idea and then fall off the rails.

Turning America's prison system into an industry has already been tried and failed.

REHABILITATION! Learn the word first!

OK…another question.

Let’s say I decided to walk through a very dangerous inner-city neighborhood rather than spend money on a taxi - stupid decision - and I had a firearm with me just in case. And then say five scummy looking young men started running toward me, saying they were going to kill me, and I started to run away, but they caught up with me in a matter of seconds, one banged me over the head with a skateboard, another kicked me to the ground, and a third was reaching for my weapon. I shoot him before he can grab the weapon and use it on me, with at most a second to spare.

Did I give up my right to self-defense because I walked through the bad neighborhood? If you say yes, you have just given every lowlife scumbag permission to kill at will.

P.S. happy thanksgiving to you too.
Your decision would have been unwise as was Kyles but that does not set aside any other rights or precedents nor would it be indicative of any malice aforethought unless”unwise” is premeditated malice which it isn’t

Why do Americans never get it right? You start off with a decent idea and then fall off the rails.

Turning America's prison system into an industry has already been tried and failed.

Profit is a result of some prisoning but that’s an after effect. The “pre” effect is that it’s a place to house criminals who won’t behave in society .

OK…another question.

Let’s say I decided to walk through a very dangerous inner-city neighborhood rather than spend money on a taxi - stupid decision - and I had a firearm with me just in case. And then say five scummy looking young men started running toward me, saying they were going to kill me, and I started to run away, but they caught up with me in a matter of seconds, one banged me over the head with a skateboard, another kicked me to the ground, and a third was reaching for my weapon. I shoot him before he can grab the weapon and use it on me, with at most a second to spare.

Did I give up my right to self-defense because I walked through the bad neighborhood? If you say yes, you have just given every lowlife scumbag permission to kill at will.

P.S. happy thanksgiving to you too.
I live just outside of Chicago so you would die anyway because in the neighborhood you were in all of the bad guys have guns. So, if you shot one, the rest would blast you. I'm not sure how many use skateboards as their weapon of choice. Moral of story - don't walk through bad neighborhoods.

Oh, so since you are dead, you would not be arrested for a gun violation.

Yes, it does add another dimension. I am not interested in arguing with a foreigner who thinks America is an inferior country.
Oh, inferior is too harsh of a word. I believe uncivilized is a more appropriate term.

The prison does not make a profit in the scenario that I described.

Why do you make it your purpose in life to come on here and rephrase another poster’s post (your “go-to” posting shtick) so that it is totally false? Just curious. I tend to feel sorry for you. Why aren’t you out talking to other Canadians and making a few friends?

Homicides in Canada average around 200-250 per year while the US had 16,425 in 2019 and the murder rate has grown by double digits since then. Chicago alone averages over 700 annually.

There is going to be a huge escalation of crime and violence on America's streets.
This is a topic worthy of discussion - after you prove your claim to be true, of course.
Unfortunately the the justice and prison system isn't capable of dealing with it.
This is a topic worthy of discussion - after you prove your claim to be true, of course.

What they were trying to do is irrelevent if Kyle did not know their intentions.

If I am armed and people are attacking me, I’m shooting.

I think people are getting a bit fed up being held hostage by gun nuts.

No need for that since his size is irrelevant anyway. You don’t have to be six feet tall to hurt or kill somebody.
Don't go to a fight if you aren't willing to throw down...

For one example Todd, the guy that was filmed asking, 'when do we use the guns', or words to that effect. Do you remember who he was?
I don't and I'm not going to waste my time searching for it unless there's some kind of decent discussion to come out of it. That's up to you.

I never saw anyone on film asking about using the guns, sorry.

There was nothing careless about shooting those 3 criminals.

Forum List

Back