The Republicans Long Con Job

Perhaps they have, but smaller countries have too many immigrants, and big America does not have enough.
That creates a different dynamic, see below.

Not true. half of all undocumented immigrants pay BILLIONS in taxes and social security taxes using fake SSNs, and they pay in, but never get anything back.

Crime rate of undocumented, per capita, is lower than that of American citizens.

Abstract
The study found that undocumented immigrants had substantially lower crime rates than native-born citizens and legal immigrants across a range of felony offenses. Relative to undocumented immigrants, U.S.-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes. In addition, the proportion of arrests involving undocumented immigrants in Texas was relatively stable or decreasing over this period. The differences between U.S.-born citizens and undocumented immigrants are robust to using alternative estimates of the broader undocumented population, alternate classifications of those counted as “undocumented” at arrest and substituting misdemeanors or convictions as measures of crime. (publisher abstract modified)

Agriculture is having trouble getting produce to market due to Trump's strict immigration policies
Here's the solution close the border. Then you wouldn't have to lie about what illegals do in your mind.

Republicans don’t want to fix the problem. They’ve had multiple opportunities at bipartisan fixes.

But for them a broken border it is a significant political issue to rally the base around. They already lost abortion when Roe was overturned.
Democrats don't want to fix the problem they created. You have been corrected. Idiot abortion wasn't killed.

Here's the solution close the border. Then you wouldn't have to lie about what illegals do in your mind.

Impossible. No president in history has done it, and if they did, billions in goods wouldn't reach their destinations, to and from America, and prices would rice. Moreover, thousands would not be able to get to work. Many Americans live in Rosarito, and work in San Diego. I imagine it is similar in other border towns

Clearly you do not grasp depth.

Impossible. No president in history has done it, and if they did, billions in goods wouldn't reach their destinations, to and from America, and prices would rice. Moreover, thousands would not be able to get to work. Many Americans live in Rosarito, and work in San Diego. I imagine it is similar in other border towns

Clearly you do not grasp depth.
It's impossible in your mind because that is the kind of bullshit you've been fed by the cult media. So you're saying goods are brought to the US off road? You're saying Americans live outside of the US but work in the US travel off road to get to their jobs? Use the roads and come to a designate border crossing problem solved ..

Tell that to the pensions that collapsed, stockholders who got burned, due to these corporate criminals:

1. Enron Corporation - Engaged in accounting fraud, filed for bankruptcy in 2001.
  2. WorldCom - Involved in accounting fraud, filed for bankruptcy in 2002.
  3. Lehman Brothers - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, filed for bankruptcy in 2008.
  4. Tyco International - Involved in accounting fraud, its CEO was convicted of fraud in 2005.
  5. Adelphia Communications - Involved in accounting fraud, its founder and CEO was convicted of fraud in 2004.
  6. HealthSouth - Involved in accounting fraud, its founder and CEO was convicted of fraud in 2005.
  7. Bear Stearns - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, acquired by JPMorgan Chase in 2008.
  8. Bernie Madoff Investment Securities - Engaged in a Ponzi scheme, its founder was convicted of fraud in 2009.
  9. General Motors - Filed for bankruptcy in 2009 due to financial difficulties and a decline in sales.
  10. Washington Mutual - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, seized by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in 2008.
More, on request

So what is your point? That bad people do bad things? Social Security is the biggest ponzi scheme in history but you don't mention it.

Why is that?

Democrats don't want to fix the problem they created. You have been corrected. Idiot abortion wasn't killed.
The problem at the border has been a problem for a century now, excaberated by catastrophic events around the world. Human migration is at an all time high. No one entity created the problem, but it IS a huge rallying cry for the Republicans. Abortion no longer is because they overturned Roe, and now it has become an issue for the Dems to consolidate around.

The problem at the border has been a problem for a century now, excaberated by catastrophic events around the world. Human migration is at an all time high. No one entity created the problem, but it IS a huge rallying cry for the Republicans. Abortion no longer is because they overturned Roe, and now it has become an issue for the Dems to consolidate around.
And it was almost fixed democrats knew they were loosing so now they made it worse. Can you go to California to get an abortion?

This is what amuses me the most when the just and righteous, freedom loving patriots on this board bleat like sheep about undocumented immigrants, caravans at the border, and a "migrant" invasion.
Well...YOU helped create the mess. And one of your worshiped messiahs was instrumental in creating the conditions that allow corporations to draw large numbers of undocumenteds here to work for them.
All with no repercussions (financial or otherwise) for these corporations who can still give money to Republican and conservatives who can shout out of the other side of their mouths about "WE ARE BEING INVADED!!" :auiqs.jpg:

And the underlying problem STILL doesn't get solved. (Caveat...Democrats bear responsibility for the mess too...but at least I see them wanting to talk about it).
Dirt poor people are selling everything they have and risking their lives to come here because their home countries are a hell hole of corruption and violence. That is because THEIR leadership is corrupt and allowing the criminals to run the country. Obama and Biden then encourage those desperate people with their welcoming messages and VOILA! illegal immigration skyrockets. It's really not hard to see the cause and effect here.

It's impossible in your mind because that is the kind of bullshit you've been fed by the cult media.
No, that no president in history has solved the immigration problem is an empirical fact. I searched for evidence that someone had, indeed, solved the problem, but couldn't find it.
So you're saying goods are brought to the US off road? You're saying Americans live outside of the US but work in the US travel off road to get to their jobs?
No, they use major thoroughfares
Use the roads and come to a designate border crossing problem solved ..

Fact; No president in modern history has solved the immigration problem, I searched for evidence and did not find it.

Fact: Closing the border is impossible. You can make coming here stricter, but what that does it make it harder for smaller agriculture to bring it's produce to market, which happened during Trump, not to mention permanent separation of parents and children for a crime no greater than a Class B misdemeanor. Moreover, almost half of undoc immigration are vis overstays, which no 'wall' can prevent.

No, that no president in history has solved the immigration problem is an empirical fact. I searched for evidence that someone had, indeed, solved the problem, but couldn't find it.

Fact; No president in modern history has solved the immigration problem, I searched for evidence and did not find it.

Fact: Closing the border is impossible. You can make coming here stricter, but what that does it make it harder for smaller agriculture to bring it's produce to market, which happened during Trump, not to mention permanent separation of parents and children for a crime no greater than a Class B misdemeanor. Moreover, almost half of undoc immigration are vis overstays, which no 'wall' can prevent.

No, closing the border is very possible. Are you being intentionally dishonest or are you simply ignorant?

"Democracy Dies Under Democrats!" MarathonMike

MarathonMike, apparently you are unaware of the fact quoting yourself is extremely tacky.

What, you didn't get the memo? Tsk tsk. Just write it out, sans quote, we'll know who said it.

And don't make the mistake that I assume you even care, no, I would never do that.

Cheers,
Rumpole

Last edited:
No, closing the border is very possible.
Define 'closing'
Let's make sure we have a meeting of mind on the meaning of the term.

Are you being intentionally dishonest or are you simply ignorant?

The question cannot be answered given the flawed premise. That's all that really need be said, but I will add to the mix, some commentary, in the slight chance you might be interested in what I mean by 'flawed premise'.

I'm going to discuss your question in a non personal manner. By 'non personal' I mean that I'm going to take myself out of the answer and present a viewpoint, somewhat advisory, in a general sense. It's less confrontational this way.

Now then, the question posed is flawed at the premise. It presents a false dilemma or a false dichotomy. It assumes that there are only two possible explanations for the person's behavior - either they are intentionally dishonest or they are simply ignorant. However, there are many other possibilities that could explain the person's behavior. For example, they could be mistaken, misunderstood the situation, or have incomplete information.

By framing the question in this way, it makes an assumption about the person's behavior that may not be accurate. It is possible that the person is neither intentionally dishonest nor ignorant, but instead has a different perspective or interpretation of the situation.

Additionally, the question is phrased in a confrontational and accusatory manner, which could easily put someone on the defensive and make it difficult to have a productive conversation.

Last edited:
Define 'closing'
Let's make sure we have a meeting of mind on the meaning of the term.

Your question is flawed at the premise. It presents a false dilemma or a false dichotomy. It assumes that there are only two possible explanations for the person's behavior - either they are intentionally dishonest or they are simply ignorant. However, there are many other possibilities that could explain the person's behavior. For example, they could be mistaken, misunderstood the situation, or have incomplete information.

By framing the question in this way, the you are also making an assumption about the person's behavior that may not be accurate. It is possible that the person is neither intentionally dishonest nor ignorant, but instead has a different perspective or interpretation of the situation.

Additionally, the question is phrased in a confrontational and accusatory manner, which could easily put someone on the defensive and make it difficult to have a productive conversation (though I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not prematurely judge).

No, my question is fine. Your attempt to obfuscate is telling.

As far as closing the border, I mean just that. Build a wall, patrol it, and only let people in through the gates.

Simple. AND effective.

Trump didn't complete the job but came the closest. Fact it can be done doing it the trump way
fact democrats stall any attempt at border control
fact less illegals less new voters for democrats to ballot harvest
Fact you have no facts but cult talking points.

So what is your point? That bad people do bad things?
Well, your statement had a political undertone, as in 'all government is bad', and my list was a counterpunch to that mentality. Now, you didn't explicitly state your state of mind regarding the government, but I think, given the tone and tenor of it, it was reasonable to draw that inference. The point is, when it comes to corruption and maladministration, no sector of society has a monopoly. Now then, I will add one salient point: try doing a FOIA on a corporation.

Moreover, while jobs in the lower ranks tend to pay more in government, at the higher end, private sector pays much more, which is to say that the gap between top and bottom is much wider in the private sector, overall.

Social Security is the biggest ponzi scheme in history
I understand that some people believe that Social Security is like a Ponzi scheme, but I disagree. Social Security is a government program that helps provide retirement, disability, and survivor benefits to those who are eligible. It's funded by contributions from workers, and the benefits are earned based on the number of years worked and the amount contributed.

I will say it's not perfect and even democrats such as myself have criticism of it, I could write another page on what I believe is wrong with SS, but, in principle, it is a sound idea, it just needs some major tweaking. It does face some challenges, ahead, there are solutions.

Unlike a Ponzi scheme, Social Security is mandatory and not optional. Everyone who works pays into the program, and the benefits are not dependent on the contributions of new participants.

While there are concerns about the long-term financial sustainability of Social Security, it's not on the brink of collapse. The program is projected to be able to pay full benefits until 2035, and there are various proposals to address the program's funding shortfall.

More importantly, Social Security provides important benefits to millions of Americans. It's a critical source of income for retirees, disabled individuals, and survivors. Without Social Security, many older Americans would be living in poverty, and the poverty rate for elderly women would be much higher.

So while it's understandable that some people may have concerns about Social Security, I believe it's important to recognize the vital role that the program plays in providing financial security to millions of Americans.

but you don't mention it.

Why is that?

Why, as explained above, your characterization isn't accurate.

Trump didn't complete the job but came the closest. Fact it can be done doing it the trump way
The Trump way is cruel and inhumane. sorry, no on board with the "Trump way".
fact democrats stall any attempt at border control
We stall on cruelty.
fact less illegals less new voters for democrats to ballot harvest
Weasel words.
Fact you have no facts but cult talking points.
Weasel words.

Forum List

Back