The Republicans Long Con Job

No, I didn't.
yea you did....i was talking about cal you kept bringing in other states....and of course you used the old cal is the 5th largest economy....why didnt you address the homeless there and the people living pay ck to pay ck situation?.....the high unemployment in at least 10 counties there...the only people benefiting from that great economy are the wealthy who mostly live along the coast.....inland its like many of those people live in another state....they pay taxes too....and remember unlike you i spent 50 years there and seen how it is there...30 years ago in California the problems they have now hardly existed...

yea you did....i was talking about cal you kept bringing in other states....and of course you used the old cal is the 5th largest economy....why didnt you address the homeless there and the people living pay ck to pay ck situation?
I can't address the homeless and living paycheck to paycheck issue ANY or even my state.
It's sad, but I just keep working, homelessness has been around for decades, in every state.
Living paycheck to paycheck is the same for most people.

As of December, 64% of Americans were living paycheck to paycheck, according to a recent LendingClub report — up from 61% a year earlier and in line with the historic high first hit in March 2020.
For the first time, more than half of all six-figure earners also said they were stretched too thin, a jump from 42% a year ago.
.....the high unemployment in at least 10 counties there...the only people benefiting from that great economy are the wealthy who mostly live along the coast
That is a issue in all coastal communities.
.....inland its like many of those people live in another state....they pay taxes too....and remember unlike you i spent 50 years there and seen how it is there...30 years ago in California the problems they have now hardly existed...
Either has any other state.

Care to move the goalpost...........Again?

I can't address the homeless and living paycheck to paycheck issue ANY or even my state.
It's sad, but I just keep working, homelessness has been around for decades, in every state.
Living paycheck to paycheck is the same for most people.

As of December, 64% of Americans were living paycheck to paycheck, according to a recent LendingClub report — up from 61% a year earlier and in line with the historic high first hit in March 2020.
For the first time, more than half of all six-figure earners also said they were stretched too thin, a jump from 42% a year ago.

That is a issue in all coastal communities.

Either has any other state.

Care to move the goalpost...........Again?
i never moved the goal posts i said what i said...you moved it by your excuses...and its not an issue in Cals coastal communities.....they live pretty good....you mentioned like all these others have about cals great economy....how is that great economy helping the millions who are not doing to well?...why do so many have to leave after they retire because now they cant afford to live there after they spent most of their lives helping make that State what it was ?..sacramento should be ashamed of the way they treated those people......Sacramento should deal with these problems instead of worrying about Texas and Florida..

i never moved the goal posts i said what i said...you moved it by your excuses
Post # 14
"they dont pretend what?....they hire them just as much as republicans do....which is a point too"...

Post # 42
"i guess smoking others peckers doesnt agree with me....must be a either a die hard lefty or has never been to S.Cal"....

You never proved post 14.

Post #45
Really? Cali has the highest proportion of poor people in the country.
Your response to post # 48
"you notice how smoking other peckers gives us a thumbs down but doesnt seem to be able to prove us wrong?"...

Post # 50
"that doesnt address what i or westwall said does it?.....blue states have a lot of poor people too....and California has the most food stamp recipients."..

Then in post # 53
"i said cal has the most food stamp recipients which they do".

You didn't.

..and its not an issue in Cals coastal communities.....they live pretty good....you mentioned like all these others have about cals great economy....how is that great economy helping the millions who are not doing to well?...why do so many have to leave after they retire because now they cant afford to live there after they spent most of their lives helping make that State what it was ?..sacramento should be ashamed of the way they treated those people......Sacramento should deal with these problems instead of worrying about Texas and Florida..
DuhSantis should worry about Floriduh.

Instead he wasted a million or so US taxpayer $$$, transporting immigrant from Texas to Massachusetts.
DuhSantis is traveling all over the country, hoping to get the nod for presidency, instead of concentrating on Floriduh's issues.

DeSantis Visits 3 States on Tour Meant to Show He Is Tough ...​

1678543607341.png
The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com › 2023/02/20 › nyregion › des...

Feb 22, 2023 — In stops in New York, Pennsylvania and Illinois, the Florida governor appeared to be positioning himself as the law-and-order candidate in a ...

DeSantis visits Calif., slams Newsom for state's woes - NY Post​

1678543647103.png
New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/03/05 › desantis-visits-calif-...

6 days ago — GOP Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis paid a trip to California on Sunday -- and took the opportunity to knock Gov. Gavin Newsom on the Democrat's

1678543686646.pngAP News
DeSantis visits Iowa as interest in likely Trump rival rises
https://apnews.com/article/desantis...-republicans-b183fa4ac9939222a62e1b474d2fbd04
All this, within 122 days as a newly re elected governor.

You see Newsome doing the same?

Post # 14
"they dont pretend what?....they hire them just as much as republicans do....which is a point too"...

Post # 42
"i guess smoking others peckers doesnt agree with me....must be a either a die hard lefty or has never been to S.Cal"....

You never proved post 14.

Post #45

Your response to post # 48
"you notice how smoking other peckers gives us a thumbs down but doesnt seem to be able to prove us wrong?"...

Post # 50
"that doesnt address what i or westwall said does it?.....blue states have a lot of poor people too....and California has the most food stamp recipients."..

Then in post # 53
"i said cal has the most food stamp recipients which they do".

You didn't.

DuhSantis should worry about Floriduh.

Instead he wasted a million or so US taxpayer $$$, transporting immigrant from Texas to Massachusetts.
DuhSantis is traveling all over the country, hoping to get the nod for presidency, instead of concentrating on Floriduh's issues.

DeSantis Visits 3 States on Tour Meant to Show He Is Tough ...

View attachment 764622
The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com › 2023/02/20 › nyregion › des...

Feb 22, 2023 — In stops in New York, Pennsylvania and Illinois, the Florida governor appeared to be positioning himself as the law-and-order candidate in a ...

DeSantis visits Calif., slams Newsom for state's woes - NY Post

View attachment 764623
New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/03/05 › desantis-visits-calif-...

6 days ago — GOP Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis paid a trip to California on Sunday -- and took the opportunity to knock Gov. Gavin Newsom on the Democrat's

View attachment 764624AP News
All this, within 122 days as a newly re elected governor.

You see Newsome doing the same?
i never proved post 14?....try coming to S.Cal and see all the businesses out here who hire illegals....and i said they have the most food stamp recipiants post 50...and yes newsome went to Texas a few months ago....

i never proved post 14?
NO.
....try coming to S.Cal and see all the businesses out here who hire illegals
I believe you.
They do the same in Texas, Florida, Arizona and Iowa, ect.
....and i said they have the most food stamp recipiants post 50.
I know you did, moved the goalpost.
..and yes newsome went to Texas a few months ago....
California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday appeared to flout his own state’s laws by speaking at an event in Texas, one of 22 states for which California has banned official government travel.

BANNED?

Speaking at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin, Texas, Newsom called for an overhaul of Democrats' political strategy saying the party is "getting crushed" by Republicans in part because they are too timid, often forced to play defense while Republicans "dominate with illusion."

California Governor Gavin Newsom and his family are vacationing in Montana – one of the 22 states on California’s list of state-banned travel.

The Governor’s office sent out a press release Friday afternoon announcing “Governor Gavin Newsom has left the state.”

So much for a BAN.
AND how can a governor ban state/county employees from traveling to BANNED states?
"BAN for thee, not for me".

NO.

I believe you.
They do the same in Texas, Florida, Arizona and Iowa, ect.

I know you did, moved the goalpost.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday appeared to flout his own state’s laws by speaking at an event in Texas, one of 22 states for which California has banned official government travel.

BANNED?

Speaking at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin, Texas, Newsom called for an overhaul of Democrats' political strategy saying the party is "getting crushed" by Republicans in part because they are too timid, often forced to play defense while Republicans "dominate with illusion."

California Governor Gavin Newsom and his family are vacationing in Montana – one of the 22 states on California’s list of state-banned travel.

The Governor’s office sent out a press release Friday afternoon announcing “Governor Gavin Newsom has left the state.”

So much for a BAN.
AND how can a governor ban state/county employees from traveling to BANNED states?
"BAN for thee, not for me".
if i stated they have the most food stamps then how did i move the goal posts?....and yes newsome is a hypocrite and not a great gov...

The employment of illegals is a mystery to me. For a few moments in the '90's I was HR manager of a small engineering firm. I was therefore responsible for filling out an I-9 form for every new hire (and implicitly I had to get one for every current employee). The I-9 form requires two (2) forms of ID proving that the employee is who he says he is, one of which forms must be a government-issued photo ID. I was told that my files were subject to Federal audit at any time (probably by the IRS, although that was never stipulated), and if I didn't have an I-9 form for any employee, I would be thrown in jail. So I kept a binder with all the I-9 forms, ready for any audit.

The law hasn't changed.

And yet we have people who still run around saying, "We have to DO SOMETHING about the companies that are employing illegals!"

Enforce the existing law, perhaps?
Of course...many illegals HAVE ID. It's just not theirs. Heck, I worked with one-he had a CDL, a passenger endorsement, a school bus endorsement(!), and had worked for a school district(!) driving buses. But...it was all bogus, he was an illegal from Guatemala.

Of course...many illegals HAVE ID. It's just not theirs. Heck, I worked with one-he had a CDL, a passenger endorsement, a school bus endorsement(!), and had worked for a school district(!) driving buses. But...it was all bogus, he was an illegal from Guatemala.
Do you think your boss knew that?

Democrats have controlled Congress far more than repubs have. Why haven't THEY tried to fix things?

Okay, name one president in modern history who solved the immigration problem?

Your premise doesn't wash. It's a well nigh impossible problem to solve for any administration.

Okay, name one president in modern history who solved the immigration problem?

Your premise doesn't wash. It's a well nigh impossible problem to solve for any administration.

No, it isn't. Dems want votes, and repubs want cheap labor.

They are both wrong. Mass immigration keeps the wage market depressed which hurts American workers, and the mass immigration puts undue pressure on housing which because the government is paying for it for illegals, ACTUAL American citizens are now homeless.

Government IS the problem.

I remember when I was on Edson Range they called a cease fire due to illegal immigrants downrange. That was the early 80's. The border is one of my favorite examples of Republicans hypocrisy. Republicans are dead set against holding employers responsible for hiring illegals, yet scream and yell they come across the border at will to come up here and get our welfare, vote for Democrats and steal our women or something like that. In reality, they do not get welfare from the fed in any case, and if they had no place to work they would not be here. One meat processor CEO doing the perp walk for hiring illegals would have fixed this problem years ago. But this topic is about the only think the Republicans stand for anymore.
thank goodness the democrats still proudly support communism.....those prayers to chairman mao are paying off finally

when the just and righteous, freedom loving patriots on this board bleat like sheep about undocumented immigrants, caravans at the border, and a "migrant" invasion.
Jack you talk like an idiot suggesting that any thinking American SHOULDN'T be upset by these things much less imply we are exaggerating the problem! Five years ago, dems used to balk at the suggestion that we had even ten million illegals in this country and now Joe Biden has already let in another SIX million just since in office!

Well...YOU helped create the mess.
No, idiot, "WE" did not create the mess. NO ONE HERE created the mess. NO ONE HERE invited these people in or set up trade and hiring practices or even voted for this to be done, even if some of those who did were of the same party. Don't you get that is why we are mad at "our party"? You don't even care! At least sensible people are upset over it.

And one of your worshiped messiahs was instrumental in creating the conditions that allow corporations to draw large numbers of undocumenteds here to work for them.
No one quite like Joe Biden.

It's a well nigh impossible problem to solve for any administration.

Dear Rumpled, your bullshit again doesn't wash. Countries all around the world have solved illegal immigration, because they treat illegal aliens breaking their laws sneaking into their country very seriously.

These people are not an asset, they are nothing but a burden, like you.

No, it isn't. Dems want votes, and repubs want cheap labor.

They are both wrong. Mass immigration keeps the wage market depressed which hurts American workers, and the mass immigration puts undue pressure on housing which because the government is paying for it for illegals, ACTUAL American citizens are now homeless.

Government IS the problem.
Tell that to the pensions that collapsed, stockholders who got burned, due to these corporate criminals:

1. Enron Corporation - Engaged in accounting fraud, filed for bankruptcy in 2001.
  2. WorldCom - Involved in accounting fraud, filed for bankruptcy in 2002.
  3. Lehman Brothers - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, filed for bankruptcy in 2008.
  4. Tyco International - Involved in accounting fraud, its CEO was convicted of fraud in 2005.
  5. Adelphia Communications - Involved in accounting fraud, its founder and CEO was convicted of fraud in 2004.
  6. HealthSouth - Involved in accounting fraud, its founder and CEO was convicted of fraud in 2005.
  7. Bear Stearns - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, acquired by JPMorgan Chase in 2008.
  8. Bernie Madoff Investment Securities - Engaged in a Ponzi scheme, its founder was convicted of fraud in 2009.
  9. General Motors - Filed for bankruptcy in 2009 due to financial difficulties and a decline in sales.
  10. Washington Mutual - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, seized by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in 2008.
More, on request

Dear Rumpled, your bullshit again doesn't wash. Countries all around the world have solved illegal immigration, because they treat illegal aliens breaking their laws sneaking into their country very seriously.
Perhaps they have, but smaller countries have too many immigrants, and big America does not have enough.
That creates a different dynamic, see below.
These people are not an asset, they are nothing but a burden, like you.

Not true. half of all undocumented immigrants pay BILLIONS in taxes and social security taxes using fake SSNs, and they pay in, but never get anything back.

Crime rate of undocumented, per capita, is lower than that of American citizens.

Abstract
The study found that undocumented immigrants had substantially lower crime rates than native-born citizens and legal immigrants across a range of felony offenses. Relative to undocumented immigrants, U.S.-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes. In addition, the proportion of arrests involving undocumented immigrants in Texas was relatively stable or decreasing over this period. The differences between U.S.-born citizens and undocumented immigrants are robust to using alternative estimates of the broader undocumented population, alternate classifications of those counted as “undocumented” at arrest and substituting misdemeanors or convictions as measures of crime. (publisher abstract modified)

Agriculture is having trouble getting produce to market due to Trump's strict immigration policies

It started in 1986, when Ronald Reagan decided to stop enforcing the laws against wealthy white employers hiring undocumented people.

It wasn’t that Reagan had suddenly discovered he liked nonwhite people. He’d opposed both the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. In 1966, running for California governor, he supported a ballot initiative to end “Fair Housing” laws in the state, saying:

Similarly, when running for president in 1980, Reagan’s biographer Lou Cannon notes on page 520 of his book that Reagan called the 1965 Voting Rights Act “a humiliation of the South.”

But by 1986 President Reagan was deep into a campaign to de-fund the Democratic Party, and the Democrats’ main donor was organized labor. What better way to crush unions than to replace their members with non-union workers who were legally invisible?

For example, prior to the Reagan administration two of the most heavily unionized industries in America were construction and meatpacking. These were tough jobs, but in both cases provided people who just had a high school education with a solid entry card into the American Dream.

They were well-paid jobs that allowed construction and meatpacking workers to buy a home, take vacations, raise their kids and live a good, middle-class life with a pension for retirement. The meat packers in Wisconsin were doing so well that they sponsored what became the only non-billionaire-owned NFL football team — the Green Bay Packers — from day one.

Reagan and his Republican allies — with unionized companies across the country making healthy “donations” legalized by the 1978 Bellotti Supreme Court decision — wrote the 1986 Immigration Reform Act in a way that made it harder to prosecute employers who invited undocumented workers into their workplaces.

They abandoned systems like I had to engage so I could work in Germany and Australia in 1986/87 and the early 2000s, or like Canada and other developed countries have had in place for decades.

Instead, under Reagan’s new law, employers could easily avoid sanctions by simply having undocumented immigrants give them paperwork (often supplied by the employers themselves) that met the new requirement that it “reasonably appears on its face to be genuine.”

Further reducing the “burden” on employers, an amendment to the law under the guise of preventing discrimination “penalized employers for conducting overly aggressive scrutiny of workers’ legal status on the basis of their nationality or national origin.”

The law also held companies harmless if they simply fired all their unionized American workers and replaced them with undocumented immigrants who were employed by a subcontractor.

This led to an explosion of fly-by-night and immigration-law-skirting subcontractors providing cheap undocumented labor for everything from construction to fieldwork to cleaning factories (like the most recent charge of child labor violations in Nebraska).

More lies and bullshit from the chapel of the democrat cult.

Tell that to the pensions that collapsed, stockholders who got burned, due to these corporate criminals:

1. Enron Corporation - Engaged in accounting fraud, filed for bankruptcy in 2001.
  2. WorldCom - Involved in accounting fraud, filed for bankruptcy in 2002.
  3. Lehman Brothers - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, filed for bankruptcy in 2008.
  4. Tyco International - Involved in accounting fraud, its CEO was convicted of fraud in 2005.
  5. Adelphia Communications - Involved in accounting fraud, its founder and CEO was convicted of fraud in 2004.
  6. HealthSouth - Involved in accounting fraud, its founder and CEO was convicted of fraud in 2005.
  7. Bear Stearns - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, acquired by JPMorgan Chase in 2008.
  8. Bernie Madoff Investment Securities - Engaged in a Ponzi scheme, its founder was convicted of fraud in 2009.
  9. General Motors - Filed for bankruptcy in 2009 due to financial difficulties and a decline in sales.
  10. Washington Mutual - Involved in the subprime mortgage crisis, seized by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in 2008.
More, on request
All democrats

Forum List

Back