The really bothersome this morning that no one is talking about

BallsBrunswick

Fair and Balanced
Sep 23, 2012
Spoiler Alert: They're all crazy
Why is no one talking the pseudo-martial law that was imposed on Watertown, MA this morning? We all watched on the local feeds as entire innocent families were kicked out of their homes at 6 AM east coast time so fucking swat teams could search their homes inch by inch. I definitely understand the concern by the government and that there's a dangerous terrorist on the loose. However, I'd have extreme trouble letting any government officials into my home... especially a goddamn swat team who's going to tear my place apart. Imagine them accidently stumbling on someone with a closet grow op or a basement hydroponic setup. :eek:

What say you USMB?

It's only unjust Martial Law (violation of the Third Amendment) if the people (via their local legislatures) pass a resolution declaring for the Soldiers and Police to leave, which would deny Consent (as stated in the Third Amendment) to the establishment of a police state.

I have thought about it though.

The better question is whether or not the Fourth Amendment has been violated with forced entry by the law enforcement. However, I don't think a jury would ever convict law enforcement officials for violating the Fourth Amendment in this scenario (The Jury is the best judge of the Constitution), so I'll have to say no.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying and I would agree that if the cops forced their way into a home without a warrant and without permission, there is a massive problem there.

One thing is for certain, if they did find a grow operation, they couldn't do anything except take the weed.

Why is no one talking the pseudo-martial law that was imposed on Watertown, MA this morning? We all watched on the local feeds as entire innocent families were kicked out of their homes at 6 AM east coast time so fucking swat teams could search their homes inch by inch. I definitely understand the concern by the government and that there's a dangerous terrorist on the loose. However, I'd have extreme trouble letting any government officials into my home... especially a goddamn swat team who's going to tear my place apart. Imagine them accidently stumbling on someone with a closet grow op or a basement hydroponic setup. :eek:

What say you USMB?

grow up. what they did was to protect innocent people. Martial law is something quite different.

What say you USMB?

grow up. what they did was to protect innocent people. Martial law is something quite different.

If they forced their way into a house without a warrant and without permission, they broke the law.

What makes anyone think that liberals want innocent people protected?

They don't. Liberals are always out for a high body count.

What say you USMB?

These filthy jack booted scum have been looking for opportunities like this since Junebug Bush started giving Bradleys and other military "surplus" (read, taxpayers bought new stuff from Bush's pals) to fatassed state and local swat teams.

The next point of interest is when this is over what the government does to silence the people it sent packing.

If they forced their way into a house without a warrant and without permission, they broke the law.

Would you, if you were on a Jury, convict the Law Enforcement officers of violating the Fourth Amendment (in this scenario)? No. So the point is moot.

The Jury is the ultimate Arbiter of the Constitution, that's why the Jury itself is protected by the Bill of Rights. It protects people from the government raping their rights, and it also protects the Government from being constrained and inoperable during times of REAL crisis.

Last edited:

What say you USMB?

Has anyone claimed that they did that?

The thing is though it just seemed retarded. I mean at about 6 AM, a good couple of hours after anything happened or the last confirmed contact of the suspect we see the authorities just start kicking in doors one by one because it looked like they ran out of ideas and were trying to do something for the cameras to not look stupid. I wouldn't want some goddamn goons going through my house to try to save face because one man beat 9,000 cops.

Would you, if you were on a Jury, convict the Law Enforcement officers of violating the Fourth Amendment (in this scenario)? No. So the point is moot.

The Jury is the ultimate Arbiter of the Constitution, that's why the Jury itself is protected by the Bill of Rights.

Yes I would.

What say you USMB?

These filthy jack booted scum have been looking for opportunities like this since Junebug Bush started giving Bradleys and other military "surplus" (read, taxpayers bought new stuff from Bush's pals) to fatassed state and local swat teams.

The next point of interest is when this is over what the government does to silence the people it sent packing.

Right, the criminals should always have more firepower than the police. are you for real?

Has anyone claimed that they did that?

The OP is saying that it happened.

I don't know if it did or didn't, that is why I said "IF it happened"...

IF they forced their way into a home without permission or warrant simply to search for the guy, they violated the Constitution.

Forum List

Back