The moderators here have done a kick-ass job lately....I commend you all for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Question Mark avatars- use artificial intelligence to perceive a wrong and hide behind the Question Mark avatar

Most messageboards I have been involved with provide a link when a thread is closed because of duplicate threads. Funny, doesn't happen here when the thread casts Trump in a negative light. I think the moderators suck ass. And deleting posts because they are off topic, evidently calling someone a dumbass is on topic in this fubared forum. This place is a damn echo chamber, and the average intelligence of posters here has to be somewhere around that of, well it's right after Thanksgiving, TURKEY. And turkeys can drown in a rainstorm.

Most messageboards I have been involved with provide a link when a thread is closed because of duplicate threads. Funny, doesn't happen here when the thread casts Trump in a negative light. I think the moderators suck ass. And deleting posts because they are off topic, evidently calling someone a dumbass is on topic in this fubared forum. This place is a damn echo chamber, and the average intelligence of posters here has to be somewhere around that of, well it's right after Thanksgiving, TURKEY. And turkeys can drown in a rainstorm.

You know, I've often wondered the same thing......................if a mod closes a thread for being a duplicate, why can't they post a link in their closing post that shows where the other thread is?

You know, I've often wondered the same thing......................if a mod closes a thread for being a duplicate, why can't they post a link in their closing post that shows where the other thread is?
Because.

Because.

Because isn't much of an answer, and it wouldn't take much to put in a link to the thread that someone made a duplicate of. Matter of fact, it would probably clean up a lot on these boards.

So what is your point?

Because.

You expect us to just take your word for it? You are a Party of the rumper. You demand that WE give cites now we are doing the same to you. Of course, you may just demand a recount.

Because.

Because isn't much of an answer, and it wouldn't take much to put in a link to the thread that someone made a duplicate of. Matter of fact, it would probably clean up a lot on these boards.
Posters who don't look around for other threads with the same topic will just keep posting topics that are duplicates, knowing that a mod
will do their due diligence for them. I have better things to do like insult someone as a poster than have to do the work of another poster.

Because.

You expect us to just take your word for it? You are a Party of the rumper. You demand that WE give cites now we are doing the same to you. Of course, you may just demand a recount.
As long as you're insulting, why don't you liberals do your own work and not expect someone to do it for you? ls it because you're a lazy ass?

Last edited:
I hate to have to be the one kissing ass, but I must say, I have been extremely impressed with the quality of moderation lately.
GOOD JOB AND THANKS!

Might wanna look in the mirror, you've got some brown stuff on your nose.

The difference between a brown noser and a shithead?
Depth perception.

Because.

Posters who don't look around for other threads with the same topic will just keep posting topics that are duplicates, knowing that a mod
will do their due diligence for them. I have better things to do like insult someone as a poster than have to do the work of another poster.

Not for nothing, but whenever I've seen a thread closed and called a duplicate, that means that the mod that closed it knows where the other threads are. If you posted a link to the other thread after closing it, it would eliminate a lot of perception of bias.

Because.

On one hand, you have a moderator, who closes a thread because it is a duplicate. The moderator knows of the duplicate thread, so why can't he post a link? Instead, what you are asking is that every poster go through, what, two, three pages of threads, before they even post a thread, just to make sure someone has not already posted it? Besides, you are not posting the link of the duplicate thread for the poster that started the thread, you are posting it for the members that have entered the thread and perhaps might like to join the conversation. Now they have to wade through, what, three pages of topics to find the thread that is the duplicate just to join the conversation they initially were interested in?

You starting to see the tradeoff here. What does it take, ten seconds to copy and paste a damn link? One moderator, ten seconds. As opposed to dozens of individuals scouring the forum to find the duplicate thread, for what, two minutes each. now we are talking about significant minutes, maybe even hours, in total time. And all could be avoided by ten seconds of, quite honestly, what is COMMON DECENCY.

I would say something about utilitarianism at this point but that shit is way over the head of an ignorant ass like you. And even the bit about common decency is not going to make an impact on someone with their head so far up their ass they can't see the sun shine. This messageboard is a shit show, and when a moderator talks about insulting posters it is pretty easy to see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back