Zone1 I have a confession to make….

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
….I’ve always counted among my friends some very good Christians, but over the last six months (since the Muslim terrorists committed that horrific massacre), my social circle is now almost solely made up of Jews.

This wasn’t by intention, or at least a conscious one, but I’ve become involved with a few new friends in that time - all Jewish - and that has led to their friends, and social activities among us. I haven’t dropped my Christian friends, but the social events I’ve gone to have ALL been sponsored by Jewish groups.

I think I’m heading this way because it has been shocking to see how many antisemites crawled out of the woodwork immediately after the Muslim terrorist attack. And even though I know many Christians are good, there’s no way for me to know if they are really Jew-haters who keep it undercover.

Anyway, this is probably a natural reaction to the horrible rise in antisemitism, but I know do not feel comfortable with non-Jews, ESPECIALLY if they are liberals - which is 80% of the people around here.

Confession over.

….I’ve always counted among my friends some very good Christians, but over the last six months (since the Muslim terrorists committed that horrific massacre), my social circle is now almost solely made up of Jews.

This wasn’t by intention, or at least a conscious one, but I’ve become involved with a few new friends in that time - all Jewish - and that has led to their friends, and social activities among us. I haven’t dropped my Christian friends, but the social events I’ve gone to have ALL been sponsored by Jewish groups.

I think I’m heading this way because it has been shocking to see how many antisemites crawled out of the woodwork immediately after the Muslim terrorist attack. And even though I know many Christians are good, there’s no way for me to know if they are really Jew-haters who keep it undercover.

Anyway, this is probably a natural reaction to the horrible rise in antisemitism, but I know do not feel comfortable with non-Jews, ESPECIALLY if they are liberals - which is 80% of the people around here.

Confession over.

Understandable. As a former Jew, now a Christian, I'm on your side.

Confession over.

You're going to need to have the strength and commitment to love your Zionist friends unconditionally. They may not consider you to be worthy of their respect in return.

We are not the chosen few!

You're going to need to have the strength and commitment to love your Zionist friends unconditionally. They may not consider you to be worthy of their respect in return.

We are not the chosen few!
There goes the snark with the “Zionist” code word. Thanks for showing why I feel the way I do.

^^^ see? This is a liberal Jew-hater, who might be able to conceal his contempt from me. I don’t want to take any chances.
You need to be able to resist the temptation to strike back Lisa.

Never in your life will it be more important to turn the other cheek! The task you've taken on is an admirable and godly task.

When the going gets tough, just remember our sacrifice to the god of us understanding that we're not as worthy as the 'chosen'.

Lisa, give people the benefit of the doubt. Judge them according to their actions.

I suspect the negativity you are noting is more aligned with political leanings than religious affiliation.

Lisa, give people the benefit of the doubt. Judge them according to their actions.

I suspect the negativity you are noting is more aligned with political leanings than religious affiliation.
That’s true. It’s really the liberal Christians who are the problem, but then again, that’s whom I‘m surrounded by.

Confession over.

I can understand your situation completely. But be careful not to allow other people's bigotry and hatred create the same in you. If you do, they win.

I can understand your situation completely. But be careful not to allow other people's bigotry and hatred create the same in you. If you do, they win.
I try, but given what’s been going on, it’s difficult. But your advice is good.

Forum List

Back