The moderators here have done a kick-ass job lately....I commend you all for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most messageboards I have been involved with provide a link when a thread is closed because of duplicate threads. Funny, doesn't happen here when the thread casts Trump in a negative light. I think the moderators suck ass. And deleting posts because they are off topic, evidently calling someone a dumbass is on topic in this fubared forum. This place is a damn echo chamber, and the average intelligence of posters here has to be somewhere around that of, well it's right after Thanksgiving, TURKEY. And turkeys can drown in a rainstorm.

You know, I've often wondered the same thing......................if a mod closes a thread for being a duplicate, why can't they post a link in their closing post that shows where the other thread is?
Because.

You expect us to just take your word for it? You are a Party of the rumper. You demand that WE give cites now we are doing the same to you. Of course, you may just demand a recount.
As long as you're insulting, why don't you liberals do your own work and not expect someone to do it for you? ls it because you're a lazy ass?

Typical idiot Trumpster. This ain't about the poster that started the thread, or his due diligence. This is about the people that wanted to contribute to the thread and found it closed. You could really improve discussion by providing a link. Dumbass.
Lazy ass, just go look for the thread that's still open and post in that one. Or, is that too much for you to do? Above your pay grade?
idiot

It is certainly above YOUR paygrade.
Well, seeing how we don't get paid, you may be on to something. Anything is above $0.00 :auiqs.jpg:

Right now, you are severely over paid.
Oh boy, you got me good, man. Now place your posts in the proper threads, do YOUR homework.

Or what?
Or what? Just keep bitching like a little girl, I guess

You are so far off the rez for a Mod right now. Sheesh. When that happens, it's the beginning of the end. I can see two of you headed back to normal membership soon after a brief vacation.
Also, think of all the money I'll be losing. But, it will give me more time to fish, so, there's that.

Ah, but the loss of power. Even after you are no longer Mod, you are going to go on for the next 2 years or more about you were cheating and you are still the Senior Admin Mod. Just go fishing.
If your ever in North Idaho, hit me Up, would love to take you Bass and Pike fishing. it would be a blast.

I used to have a couple of Buddies in Northern Idaho from the old Nam days. Dangerous to approach their cribs on a good day. They didn't have the term PTSD back then. They were part of the 50% club as I once was.
Did they live in Athol, Id? There is a wily group up there that can be a concern for outsiders.

I lost track of them and forgot where they lived having never been to Idaho myself. During that time period,there are a lot of "Holes" if you know what I mean.
Yeah, yeah I do.

Most messageboards I have been involved with provide a link when a thread is closed because of duplicate threads. Funny, doesn't happen here when the thread casts Trump in a negative light. I think the moderators suck ass. And deleting posts because they are off topic, evidently calling someone a dumbass is on topic in this fubared forum. This place is a damn echo chamber, and the average intelligence of posters here has to be somewhere around that of, well it's right after Thanksgiving, TURKEY. And turkeys can drown in a rainstorm.

You know, I've often wondered the same thing......................if a mod closes a thread for being a duplicate, why can't they post a link in their closing post that shows where the other thread is?
Because.

You expect us to just take your word for it? You are a Party of the rumper. You demand that WE give cites now we are doing the same to you. Of course, you may just demand a recount.
As long as you're insulting, why don't you liberals do your own work and not expect someone to do it for you? ls it because you're a lazy ass?

Typical idiot Trumpster. This ain't about the poster that started the thread, or his due diligence. This is about the people that wanted to contribute to the thread and found it closed. You could really improve discussion by providing a link. Dumbass.
Lazy ass, just go look for the thread that's still open and post in that one. Or, is that too much for you to do? Above your pay grade?
idiot

Well, seeing how we don't get paid, you may be on to something. Anything is above $0.00 :auiqs.jpg:

Oh boy, you got me good, man. Now place your posts in the proper threads, do YOUR homework.

Or what?

You are so far off the rez for a Mod right now. Sheesh. When that happens, it's the beginning of the end. I can see two of you headed back to normal membership soon after a brief vacation.
Also, think of all the money I'll be losing. But, it will give me more time to fish, so, there's that.

Ah, but the loss of power. Even after you are no longer Mod, you are going to go on for the next 2 years or more about you were cheating and you are still the Senior Admin Mod. Just go fishing.
If your ever in North Idaho, hit me Up, would love to take you Bass and Pike fishing. it would be a blast.

I used to have a couple of Buddies in Northern Idaho from the old Nam days. Dangerous to approach their cribs on a good day. They didn't have the term PTSD back then. They were part of the 50% club as I once was.
Did they live in Athol, Id? There is a wily group up there that can be a concern for outsiders.

I lost track of them and forgot where they lived having never been to Idaho myself. During that time period,there are a lot of "Holes" if you know what I mean.
Up here we have "urban legends" where 4 go for a nature walk and 3 come back.

Because.

idiot

Or what?

Yeah, yeah I do.

And I am 100% sane and have a peice of paper issued by the United States Air Force Medical to prove it. Just how many can say that. Okay, it's true but I still can't say it with a straight face.

Because.

idiot

Or what?

There were a lot of Discharged 50%ers that went to the Washington/Oregon/Idaho area and lived in VWs, School buses, made shacks. They were the forgotten. At night, many claimed to here Charlie closing in on their parameter. These poor souls never came home. Not one single book or movie has been made bout them. I guess it's something that sane people try and overlook to maintain that sanity.

Because.

idiot

Or what?

There were a lot of Discharged 50%ers that went to the Washington/Oregon/Idaho area and lived in VWs, School buses, made shacks. They were the forgotten. At night, many claimed to here Charlie closing in on their parameter. These poor souls never came home. Not one single book or movie has been made bout them. I guess it's something that sane people try and overlook to maintain that sanity.
Teach about war and killing, but never about detoxing with what they went through when they came home, just sent them on their way.
I knew a few of those through the years.

I did it once or twice post a duplicate story, but really I did check in the threads page, but I was looking at the WRONG thread page.

In some forums it can be hard to decide to post in Politics/election or special announcement. Sometimes the Moderator thinks it should be in the other thread, moves it accordingly, I don't give a dam because the thread is still there alive and kicking, that is all that matters.

If Moderators are closing or moving duplicate threads, that is because they see the need to keep it better organized, and the decision to do so are based on the posting rules, as they try hard to correct the errors of the membership, they clean up after forum lazy members, some who do it over and over.

Therefore whining about their moderation decision in the open public is a sign of disrespect and lack of appreciation for the VOLUNTEER work they do.

It's not easy at all. Do a search for "Sidney Powell" on this forum and you'll get thousands of responses as her name has been mentioned in dozens of threads and thousands of replies.

Well, WHAT DO YOU WANT? For there to not be any discussion of Powell? Or do you want to bitch that SEARCH doesn't work and didn't return all the hits you wanted. Maybe you want SEARCH to read your fucking mind? If you look, you'll see that nearly all of the recent hits relate to only about ten threads-- -- -- the other 9,990 hits are individual posts within those threads. There ya go. PICK ONE and stop your bitching. You'd think it was the end of the freaking world for you.

Of course, there always still are the rusty razor blades, cyanide, jumping off your roof, or growing up.

Because.

idiot

Or what?

Teach about war and killing, but never about detoxing with what they went through when they came home, just sent them on their way.

I was one of them but I was in USAF. USAF would only discharge a sane person. The Army had the 50% Club. If you met 50% or more, you were discharged. While I got the help I needed, many in the Army did not. When it came time for me to separate, I was extended. I fooled them. When I got my paperwork, I reenlisted and stayed. The others were sent home but never really went home. You think in terms of detoxing like it was drugs. It wasn't. It was a broken brain. Damage brain paths that normally cannot be repaired all the way. Drugs can only hide the symptoms and lessen the outward .....I forgot the words........ I am supposed to be on some really nasty drugs but I have found that the drugs are worse than the symptoms. I got the help needed. There were 5 of us at Pope Field, NC and we had our own personal Shrink that even went TDY to Europe with us. I can't even imagine what the Army types faced that began the same journey that didn't get the help and were just tossed out because they weren't able to function as Soldiers anymore. They also couldn't function as Sillyvillians either. Today, there are places and people that are there to help. But in the 60s and early 70s, none of that was available. Combat isn't any easier today than it was back then but the help is available. I can't even imagine going to the "Wilderness", setting up a bunker with a Parameter including Boobytraps right in the United States of America. That is a piece of history that will die with my generation.

Because.

idiot

Or what?

I was one of them but I was in USAF. USAF would only discharge a sane person. The Army had the 50% Club. If you met 50% or more, you were discharged. While I got the help I needed, many in the Army did not. When it came time for me to separate, I was extended. I fooled them. When I got my paperwork, I reenlisted and stayed. The others were sent home but never really went home. You think in terms of detoxing like it was drugs. It wasn't. It was a broken brain. Damage brain paths that normally cannot be repaired all the way. Drugs can only hide the symptoms and lessen the outward .....I forgot the words........ I am supposed to be on some really nasty drugs but I have found that the drugs are worse than the symptoms. I got the help needed. There were 5 of us at Pope Field, NC and we had our own personal Shrink that even went TDY to Europe with us. I can't even imagine what the Army types faced that began the same journey that didn't get the help and were just tossed out because they weren't able to function as Soldiers anymore. They also couldn't function as Sillyvillians either. Today, there are places and people that are there to help. But in the 60s and early 70s, none of that was available. Combat isn't any easier today than it was back then but the help is available. I can't even imagine going to the "Wilderness", setting up a bunker with a Parameter including Boobytraps right in the United States of America. That is a piece of history that will die with my generation.
Didn't mean that they were detoxing from drugs. A poor word to use on my part. I meant the state of mind they were in for so long
that it was a way of life.

When we move or merge threads -- there's an option in the control dialogue to leave a "redirect link". That gets you to that thread for a period of time.. On CLOSE -- we TRY to leave a "mod message" as the last post with a "reason for it".. Sometimes if there are too many threads to move, merge on a topic -- some of the later or weaker ones just get closed..

And deleting posts because they are off topic, evidently calling someone a dumbass is on topic in this fubared forum.

Our moderation is different. We're not concerned about adult flaming within reason. All we want is that EVERY POST (in Zone1 or Zone2) contain "specific topical topic".. If it DOES - it's legal and we dont even rate or judge the flame.

To be an ILLEGAL post at USMB in the higher moderated zones -- it has to be VOID of any contribution to the ACTUAL specific topic of that thread. That's all we care about. Not in business of judging flaming.. It works to produce threads that STAY ON TOPIC and are somewhat unique.. And that's what we're after --- Short of requiring a minimum "level of effort" to post here -- just honor the topic in every post and you'll hardly ever get moderated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back