Zone1 The Heresy of Christian Zionism

norwegen

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2013
Ormond Beach, FL
Nothing organic or spiritual characterizes the emergence of Christian Zionism in the middle 1800s. Someone had to push and deceive others into spreading this anti-Christ doctrine. Fundamentalist churches seemed the obvious targets, and the two principle agents in promoting this scheme were John Nelson Darby and Cyrus Scofield. Their doctrine makes several disturbing claims:
  • God wanted Jews to return to and take over Palestine;
  • God had two plans for salvation – one for Christians and one for Jews;
  • Christians should abstain from politics, education, business, and the arts, as these are “worldly” pursuits to remain in the hands of “worldly” people;
  • God interacts with humankind in accordance with seven historical time frames, or “dispensations,” the current one, Grace, being the sixth one;
  • The Christian Church is doomed to failure, which will terminate the Dispensation of Grace;
  • A seven-year tribulation, or worldwide persecution, will characterize the end of this dispensational grace period, which Christians need not fret over, as they will be raptured;
  • Christ will then reign for one thousand years and Old Testament customs will be reinstituted in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem.
Even at first blush, these points seem rather preposterous, but unfortunately, such celebrity-status puppets as Hal Lindsey, Pat Robertson, John Hagee, and Tim LaHaye continue to preach them as gospel.

The whole world knows that Christians are a confused lot, never agreeing on biblical tenets, but nobody ever really wonders why they’re so discordant. Discord comes from errant, confusing doctrine.

Note: apologies to T.J. Smith and Fulfilled! Magazine

First, who are the Israelites?
Second, does the Bible say that Israelites that in the 21st century, they would be the chosen people?
Third, context.

Israelites, aka descendants of Abraham. The Bible doesn't change according to time, it's word stands set in stone forever. If you're a christian, you should know that. It doesn't matter if it's 3,000 B.C. or 2022 A.D., the bible doesn't change. So yes, they are still the chosen ones even today.
Context? What context are you talking about?

Israelites, aka descendants of Abraham. The Bible doesn't change according to time, it's word stands set in stone forever. If you're a christian, you should know that. It doesn't matter if it's 3,000 B.C. or 2022 A.D., the bible doesn't change. So yes, they are still the chosen ones even today.
Context? What context are you talking about?
Reread my fourth bullet point, won't you.
  • God interacts with humankind in accordance with seven historical time frames, or “dispensations,” the current one, Grace, being the sixth one;
Dispensationalism has changed the Bible and contradicts your very sentiment.

Oh cry me a river and read a bible once in a while. You're not supposed to listen to "scholars and theologians", you're supposed to read the book. And from reading the book, I see that the Israelites are Gods chosen people, people that Christians should respect and walk hand in hand with. After all, Christians are gentiles.

Your ignorance of the Bible is profound. You must have been raised a fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Your beliefs are pure Scofield circa 1830.

Zion is the city that Enoch established. The people of Zion were translated and they will come again upon the earth. See Moses 7

First, who are the Israelites?
Second, does the Bible say that Israelites that in the 21st century, they would be the chosen people?
Third, context.
Yes...read Moshe's admonition at the end of Deuteronomy.

Zion is the city that Enoch established. The people of Zion were translated and they will come again upon the earth. See Moses 7

Enoch was also the name of the first city.. I guess the Mormons teach something else

The pentateuch was written 900 years after the death of Moses.

Enoch was also the name of the first city.. I guess the Mormons teach something else

The pentateuch was written 900 years after the death of Moses.
Moses 7 teaches of the original city of Zion and that it will come again upon the earth.

Isaiah 1:26-27
26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Isaiah 2:3
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Isaiah 24:23
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Joel 2:1
1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Isaiah 52

Revelation 14:1
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

Moses 7:18
18 And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

Revelation 21:2
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The term "Zion" means the pure in heart as stated in Moses 7:18 above. But it was also the name of the city which Enoch established which was taken up into heaven and will return again. The people of that city were pure in heart. The city is also known as the New Jerusalem. According to the Prophet Joseph Smith, the city of Zion will be established again on the American continent. the people who are pure in heart will help to establish the city of Zion again in these last days along with the angels in heaven and the ancient city of Zion that was taken into heaven will again join them.

Articles of Faith
10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

what do you mean by Zion was the first city. Can you show me references to what you are referring to? It was the first and only city built up by Enoch.

Last edited:
The Baptists are very big on Scofield. Are you Southern Baptist or Free Independent Baptist?

Joseph Smith invented the Mormons also about 1830.
Joseph Smith restored The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The term "mormons" was what non-members called us because we have the Book of Mormon. Mormon was actually and ancient prophet who lived during the times of the Book of Mormon, who compiled many of the records into one record.

The Baptists are very big on Scofield. Are you Southern Baptist or Free Independent Baptist?

Joseph Smith invented the Mormons also about 1830.

I am neither. I don't consider myself a part of any organized religion. I am a Christian without denomination. I follow NO ONES teachings except for what's in the bible. Anyone who's teachings contradicts what's in the bible, is no better than a soulless blasphemer.

I am neither. I don't consider myself a part of any organized religion. I am a Christian without denomination. I follow NO ONES teachings except for what's in the bible. Anyone who's teachings contradicts what's in the bible, is no better than a soulless blasphemer.

Well, at some point you came under the influence of the Scofield heresy.

Never heard of him, and was never taught anything by him. You are the one who follows false prophets and deceitful special interest "preachers".

Scofield heresy inspired Hal Lindsey and Tim Lahaye. Lots of Bibles hide their Scofield interpretation. You say you didn't go to church.. that you're self taught, but you don't have enough education to learn.

Forum List

Back