The "Good Ol Days"

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
We, or should I say some of us, really have no ability to analyze past history as it relates to now. We need to understand it so we don't continue to believe things that make no sense.

20 facts that prove it wasn’t better in the past... except for white men

Alicia Delay

It’s common to think that things were better in the past, but how accurate is that sentiment? Was it really better back in the day, or was it simply better for those with privilege? Here are 20 misconceptions that prove the past was only better if you were a white man.

It's a slideshow.

We, or should I say some of us, really have no ability to analyze past history as it relates to now. We need to understand it so we don't continue to believe things that make no sense.

Alicia Delay

It’s common to think that things were better in the past, but how accurate is that sentiment? Was it really better back in the day, or was it simply better for those with privilege? Here are 20 misconceptions that prove the past was only better if you were a white man.

It's a slideshow.
yea

they just sat around all day, drinking beer and eating steak,

Alicia Delay

It's a slideshow.

LOL...blacks had it way better when they had two parent households.
You can blame dems for changing that.

% of people who said "Yes"

FnUxSDEXgAMiLcC

Yeah the dems were right rough on you Negros.....Still are in fact.

BTW....I still haven't seen your people cut a check for all the looting and property damage you racked-up since '67.
67....67...Hmmmm. I havent seen the ones who brought dems here and wholesaled them write any chacks for the land they stole since that war over there either.

The media writes the history books and the media is always kind to democrats. FDR was elected to deal with a recession and under his leadership or lack of it it grew into a bodies in ditches soup line depression that lasted through his first two terms. FDR issued an Executive Order (9066) that authorized the arrest and incarceration of American citizens without due process. "Historians" give him a mild slap on the wrist and place him on the top of the presidential list. Harry Truman and the democrat majority in congress created HUAC but ignorant Americans blame a republican senator who had little or no power for the communist purge of the 50's. LBJ created a fake crisis that sent Troops to Vietnam and set the rules so that we could win every battle and lose the war. Ignorant subsequent generations blame Nixon.

The media writes the history books and the media is always kind to democrats. FDR was elected to deal with a recession and under his leadership or lack of it it grew into a bodies in ditches soup line depression that lasted through his first two terms. FDR issued an Executive Order (9066) that authorized the arrest and incarceration of American citizens without due process. "Historians" give him a mild slap on the wrist and place him on the top of the presidential list. Harry Truman and the democrat majority in congress created HUAC but ignorant Americans blame a republican senator who had little or no power for the communist purge of the 50's. LBJ created a fake crisis that sent Troops to Vietnam and set the rules so that we could win every battle and lose the war. Ignorant subsequent generations blame Nixon.
Bullshit.

IM2 is looking for a handout

He’ll accept anything from a free shoe shine to a big, fat government check
If I was a white man, I'd shut my mouth about people wanting handouts. White men have been given the most and white men still are given the most.

If I was a white man, I'd shut my mouth about people wanting handouts. White men have been given the most and white men still are given the most.
You ain't a white man, and you can fuck off. Not because you ain't white, because you're a fuckin' douche.
Given my ass!
People in this country earn what they have, that's how it works. You gonna take away my friend that's black's house because their mama left it to them? Are you? His mama earned that house. Who the fuck are you to take that away from them?
You ain't shit. Fuck off with your nonsense.

Last edited:
LOL...blacks had it way better when they had two parent households.
You can blame dems for changing that.
You really are quite dumb.

Social Security Act. Title IV provided grants to states as Aid To Dependent Children. Eventually the name of the program was changed to Aid to Families with Dependent Children. This was welfare folks. Assistance for single moms with children and no daddy at home. In 1935. Blacks were excluded. Aid to Dependent Children functioned mainly to provide federal grants to help the states with mothers’ aid laws that began in 1910.

The Children’s Bureau’s goal was to provide aid to all children whose mothers had no support from a husband no matter how they got into that position. From the Children’s Bureau in 1910 until 1965, no one talked about how the welfare state was wrong and created the disintegration of the white family. I read no lectures about the irresponsible white father. The program was not denigrated as something creating dependence on government; it was seen as essential assistance needed to help women without husbands who had children. Only when the law required that others besides whites be included did the story change to how the welfare state was wrong and destructive.

So you see idiot, that deadbeat white men caused the government to create several programs because they shirked their responsibility.

As for your comment, it's bs.

“As late as 1950, only 18% of black households were single parent. From 1890 to 1940, a slightly higher percentage of black adults had married than white adults. In 1938, black illegitimacy was about 11% instead of today’s 75%. In 1925, 85% of black households in New York City were twoparent. Today, the black family is a mere shadow of its past.”
-Walter Williams

In 1939, during this time of great black two-parent families, the poverty rate for employed married black couples was 89 percent. In 1959, the poverty rate for that same couple was 54.9 percent. These sky-high rates of poverty occurred during the time “conservatives” rant about. Today due to the “ liberal welfare state breaking up the black family by giving them welfare,” black poverty is half of what it was in 1959 and less than one-third of what it was in those imaginary grand old glorious days of the two-parent black family.

Ross, C., Danziger, S. & Smolensky, E. The level and trend of poverty in the United States, 1939–1979. Demography 24, pg.596
https://watermark.silverchair.com/587ross.pdf?token=AQECAHi208BE49Ooan9kkhW_Ercy7Dm3ZL_9Cf3qfKAc485ysgAAAr4wggK6BgkqhkiG9w0BBwagggKrMIICpwIBADCCAqAGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAeBglghkgBZQMEAS4wEQQMDvcgDazAMKUwQgQdAgEQgIICcZeFsqdOhCqxjJgm7O2YABtDWK7-_NBOfiyE1dwXv2GF5DwIAfqheJ4WxVmZILFD3jK18Fu9jj2vQERqa9nkoI3VTvg4yDLwC-20TCARPltpBdO5AM_PbOYAu_jt6OcXnj0akv0iLVRrG88PQsJ95W9PVx1_4v95yNgGSeG2mM3B1ic8dVHhpciet3XeM7x21BLu2HwAmJb1xP6OQhhNYeI2MKpxCX7KFedKbdngIPTPmJpL0pL6FYbwuTIhE2XfCwq-Hx4XkDX1mKl5KsKtuhrqKGI-0Fi3diSHD3l5N79LSLtRwxPe2xM_xqt94vh91WWrR1He-sbtbvUraC2EHexTYwUW7FwSZGyTigOm01O1qFtMxW0YE0C78fF3n07p8vvuq6jzhGGACbh6tG100AcO1CwfUwcbD7xeyszSs9gBItaaA-4LM8e46e5FXwytVHI3SCnlx9uAcB_6EpANmtD6-7AscB03YW3QSprV7TieJ1HAiYpccgoVs8OwOdyOCMvZ4NttdLOUelQvSUFSQ1Laf0OPYxCjHBG_6AmfCyol58q0b0uK1XuIyZZPSz4fDvmEXXacYGhJf36RB6udBstkopJcJHQo-_HUxGds6n_Dpf4cc6TedKbD56731gESi0_OCpQ2YQeRp8ISocoDaU0gb3RxpiFJCaBk-fV2uRAQtwxZnUdvZWtuEu8SQbjWRY-7Ea-ea6FkyqWLwRh5Ic84yCrxaOCApjKTjO91RPXVNyPcxZRArOb63Qo3Iyn2y4HAZOtDwPaFdaoBZhUEJY1c00nlfjzduELjvaOEokYRhS9soL3gUL2p9P1qvSpCz0k

U.S. Department of the Census, Table 2. Poverty Status of People by Family Relationship, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 1959 to 2014,

Now run along junior because repeating that stale republican lie gets no play.

You ain't a white man, and you can fuck off. Not because you ain't white, because you're a fuckin' douche.
Given my ass!
People in this country earn what they have, that's how it works. You gonna take away my friend that's black's house because their mama left it to them? Are you? His mama earned that house. Who the fuck are you to take that away from them?
You ain't shit. Fuck off with your nonsense.
Like I said, White men have no room to talk about handouts. Your tall tale about earning is contradicted by documented evidence.

Like I said, White men have no room to talk about handouts. Your tall tale about earning is contradicted by documented evidence.
I've earned most meals since I was 17 years old. You-?
I must admit around 19 I'd buy food stamps 2-for-1 because it stretched my grocery dollar.
Young man, barely gettin' by every day; Yeah, I did that.

Social Security Act. Title IV provided grants to states as Aid To Dependent Children. Eventually the name of the program was changed to Aid to Families with Dependent Children. This was welfare folks. Assistance for single moms with children and no daddy at home. In 1935. Blacks were excluded. Aid to Dependent Children functioned mainly to provide federal grants to help the states with mothers’ aid laws that began in 1910.

The Children’s Bureau’s goal was to provide aid to all children whose mothers had no support from a husband no matter how they got into that position. From the Children’s Bureau in 1910 until 1965, no one talked about how the welfare state was wrong and created the disintegration of the white family. I read no lectures about the irresponsible white father. The program was not denigrated as something creating dependence on government; it was seen as essential assistance needed to help women without husbands who had children. Only when the law required that others besides whites be included did the story change to how the welfare state was wrong and destructive.

So you see idiot, that deadbeat white men caused the government to create several programs because they shirked their responsibility.

“As late as 1950, only 18% of black households were single parent. From 1890 to 1940, a slightly higher percentage of black adults had married than white adults. In 1938, black illegitimacy was about 11% instead of today’s 75%. In 1925, 85% of black households in New York City were twoparent. Today, the black family is a mere shadow of its past.”
-Walter Williams

In 1939, during this time of great black two-parent families, the poverty rate for employed married black couples was 89 percent. In 1959, the poverty rate for that same couple was 54.9 percent. These sky-high rates of poverty occurred during the time “conservatives” rant about. Today due to the “ liberal welfare state breaking up the black family by giving them welfare,” black poverty is half of what it was in 1959 and less than one-third of what it was in those imaginary grand old glorious days of the two-parent black family.

Ross, C., Danziger, S. & Smolensky, E. The level and trend of poverty in the United States, 1939–1979. Demography 24, pg.596
https://watermark.silverchair.com/587ross.pdf?token=AQECAHi208BE49Ooan9kkhW_Ercy7Dm3ZL_9Cf3qfKAc485ysgAAAr4wggK6BgkqhkiG9w0BBwagggKrMIICpwIBADCCAqAGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAeBglghkgBZQMEAS4wEQQMDvcgDazAMKUwQgQdAgEQgIICcZeFsqdOhCqxjJgm7O2YABtDWK7-_NBOfiyE1dwXv2GF5DwIAfqheJ4WxVmZILFD3jK18Fu9jj2vQERqa9nkoI3VTvg4yDLwC-20TCARPltpBdO5AM_PbOYAu_jt6OcXnj0akv0iLVRrG88PQsJ95W9PVx1_4v95yNgGSeG2mM3B1ic8dVHhpciet3XeM7x21BLu2HwAmJb1xP6OQhhNYeI2MKpxCX7KFedKbdngIPTPmJpL0pL6FYbwuTIhE2XfCwq-Hx4XkDX1mKl5KsKtuhrqKGI-0Fi3diSHD3l5N79LSLtRwxPe2xM_xqt94vh91WWrR1He-sbtbvUraC2EHexTYwUW7FwSZGyTigOm01O1qFtMxW0YE0C78fF3n07p8vvuq6jzhGGACbh6tG100AcO1CwfUwcbD7xeyszSs9gBItaaA-4LM8e46e5FXwytVHI3SCnlx9uAcB_6EpANmtD6-7AscB03YW3QSprV7TieJ1HAiYpccgoVs8OwOdyOCMvZ4NttdLOUelQvSUFSQ1Laf0OPYxCjHBG_6AmfCyol58q0b0uK1XuIyZZPSz4fDvmEXXacYGhJf36RB6udBstkopJcJHQo-_HUxGds6n_Dpf4cc6TedKbD56731gESi0_OCpQ2YQeRp8ISocoDaU0gb3RxpiFJCaBk-fV2uRAQtwxZnUdvZWtuEu8SQbjWRY-7Ea-ea6FkyqWLwRh5Ic84yCrxaOCApjKTjO91RPXVNyPcxZRArOb63Qo3Iyn2y4HAZOtDwPaFdaoBZhUEJY1c00nlfjzduELjvaOEokYRhS9soL3gUL2p9P1qvSpCz0k

U.S. Department of the Census, Table 2. Poverty Status of People by Family Relationship, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 1959 to 2014,

Yeah, Black Americans were much better off before LBJ.

Nobody owes you a fucking thing.

-Walter Williams

Your paste and post doesn't change the truth.
Back in the day blacks had two parent households and then came the leftist gov giving black women money to raise the little bastards without a father figure.
So you can stop with your imaginative bullshit.
Not having a father figure destroyed the black family.
If you cant see that you deserve all the hardship you get.

Forum List

Back