The flaw of capitalism is Income inequality

What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low?

Dear, this is Econ 101, a business has to raise wages the most possible or lose its best workers to those who pay more. Similarily, a business must have the best quality products to beat competition. Now do you understand??
I understand you are confused. 18 million Americans make less than 10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than 15? Inflation is already way ahead.
a business has to raise wages the most possible or lose its best workers to those who pay more. Similarily, a business must have the best quality products to beat competition. Now do you understand?
No you are still way off. Trust me, I get that your logic about wages makes sense, but it doesn't fit in to the economy we live in. Last year, 1 million people applied to 50,000 McDonald's jobs. Businesses pay shit because they can get away with it. The demand for decent paying jobs far outweighs the supply of them. Based on the stats i gave you earlier, businesses are obviously not following your logic.

I for the life of me can't figure out what's wrong with income inequality. I'm against crony business/government deal making but what's the alternative to income inequality? A burger flipper makes the same as someone that builds homes or condos? Income inequality is the cry of the underachiever.
Again I don't get why you people can't just read my OP to understand the context of my use of the phrase "income inequality".

Businesses pay shit because they can get away with it. .

that would be identical to saying Apple makes a shitty phone because they can get away with it. Minimum wage here is 10 times what it is in China and China is richer than many so to say our's is shit is little more than a stupid liberal lie.

Conservatives answer this question: wages in the lower classes have remained stagnant for DECADES. What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low? 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than 15? How many of them have kids?Corporate profits are already at an an all time high.

The ONLY way to boost wages for the poor is by raising the minimum wage. History has shown this to be true. More socialization in our private economy is the only way to save the middle class and keep the poor class from expanding. Eventually, the top heavy economy will cause a collapse from a lack of sufficient consumer spending.

Do I want to end the private market? Of course not. I just understand the need for government intervention and regulation.

No one forces people to work for low wages. Yet you want to force them not to, to pass a law making it illegal. Do you understand that?

wages in the lower classes have remained stagnant for DECADES. What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low?.

let Trump ship 20 million illegals home and they would have plenty of incentive to raise wages!! Liberals cant face what liberals have done to the lower class!! Liberalism is like a suicide cult!!

that would be identical to saying Apple makes a shitty phone because they can get away with it. Minimum wage here is 10 times what it is in China and China is richer than many so to say our's is shit is little more than a stupid liberal lie.
Well I guess you don't understand inflation then. It is way ahead. Do you really think 15 per hour pays for what it did 20 years ago? Of course not.

Well I guess you don't understand inflation then. It is way ahead. Do you really think 15 per hour pays for what it did 20 years ago? Of course not.

dear no one is talking about inflation. You lost so you're trying to change the subject.

wages in the lower classes have remained stagnant for DECADES. What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low?.

let Trump ship 20 million illegals home and they would have plenty of incentive to raise wages!! Liberals cant face what liberals have done to the lower class!! Liberalism is like a suicide cult!!
Sending illegals home would do nothing to boost wages especially considering they by and large don't make the minimum wage.

dear no one is talking about inflation. You lost so you're trying to change the subject.
Lol no is talking about China but that didn't stop you. My obvious point is that wages here are shit because of inflation.

wages here are shit because of inflation.

what?????Our workers make 10 times what Chinese workers make so to say our wages are shit would be like arbitarily saying that the iphone quality is shit!!

If you can do better then you can pay more and get the best workers in the world and make the best phones in the world. Econ 101!!

wages here are shit because of inflation.

what?????Our workers make 10 times what Chinese workers make so to say our wages are shit would be like arbitarily saying that the iphone quality is shit!!

If you can do better then you can pay more and get the best workers in the world and make the best phones in the world. Econ 101!!
Lol I never said the quality of life in China was good.

f1add12a7101463ea5d1207818727ce4.ashx
193K for "other"? I would like to know what is in that column.

Mark

Are you kidding me? We are paid in dollars. Dollars devalue over time. That means wages devalue. They buy less with the same amount over time. This isn't complicated.

they buy less??

You don't need to be an economist to see how rich the middle class got by looking at all the new inventions they could suddenly afford in the last 15 years: suddenly we had plasma TV's, LCD TV's, DLP-TV's, iPods, iphones, CD's and CD players, DVDs and DVD players, Blue Ray and Blue Ray players, PCs, desk top PCs, DVRs, color printers, satellite radio, Advantium ovens, HD-TV, Playstations, X-Boxes, X-box live, X-box Konnect, broadband, satellite TV, cell/camera/video phones, digital cameras, OnStar, palm corders, Blackberries, smart phones, home theaters, SUVs, big houses, more houses per capita, TiVo, 3D movies and TV's, built in wine coolers, granite counter tops, $200 sneakers, Go Pro Cameras, GPS navigation, consumer drones, color matched front loader washing machines, internet Facebook, Pandora, LTE-U, run flat tires, matching washer dryer combinations, McMansions, 4K TV, Iphone 6+, burner commercial ranges, Sub Zero refridgerators, Tesla cars, private space flight, more cars than drivers, a $1 billion ring tone industry, a pet industry that just doubled to $34 billion, 10's of millions lining up to buy Apple's I-tablet, Wii, Fit bits, Apple watches, Netflix boxes, jet skis, induction cooking, low profile tires, aluminum/titanium rims, Harley Davidson and Japanese motorcycles. $700 Billion spent Christmas 2010, $10.5 billion movies 2010, 10 million ocean crusies, 44 million taking plane flights over 2012 holiday, $500 billion spent on Christmas 2012, hover boards, Ti Vi Bolt, Tesla cars, cloud storage, 4k Oled TV,
hover boards.

The list goes on and on. I hope that helps you realize you can't just parrot the communist press and expect to make sense? They have other objectives and are merely using you to promote their point of view.

Are you kidding me? We are paid in dollars. Dollars devalue over time. That means wages devalue. They buy less with the same amount over time. This isn't complicated.

they buy less??

You don't need to be an economist to see how rich the middle class got by looking at all the new inventions they could suddenly afford in the last 15 years: suddenly we had plasma TV's, LCD TV's, DLP-TV's, iPods, iphones, CD's and CD players, DVDs and DVD players, Blue Ray and Blue Ray players, PCs, desk top PCs, DVRs, color printers, satellite radio, Advantium ovens, HD-TV, Playstations, X-Boxes, X-box live, X-box Konnect, broadband, satellite TV, cell/camera/video phones, digital cameras, OnStar, palm corders, Blackberries, smart phones, home theaters, SUVs, big houses, more houses per capita, TiVo, 3D movies and TV's, built in wine coolers, granite counter tops, $200 sneakers, Go Pro Cameras, GPS navigation, consumer drones, color matched front loader washing machines, internet Facebook, Pandora, LTE-U, run flat tires, matching washer dryer combinations, McMansions, 4K TV, Iphone 6+, burner commercial ranges, Sub Zero refridgerators, Tesla cars, private space flight, more cars than drivers, a $1 billion ring tone industry, a pet industry that just doubled to $34 billion, 10's of millions lining up to buy Apple's I-tablet, Wii, Fit bits, Apple watches, Netflix boxes, jet skis, induction cooking, low profile tires, aluminum/titanium rims, Harley Davidson and Japanese motorcycles. $700 Billion spent Christmas 2010, $10.5 billion movies 2010, 10 million ocean crusies, 44 million taking plane flights over 2012 holiday, $500 billion spent on Christmas 2012, hover boards, Ti Vi Bolt, Tesla cars, cloud storage, 4k Oled TV,
hover boards.

The list goes on and on. I hope that helps you realize you can't just parrot the communist press and expect to make sense? They have other objectives and are merely using you to promote their point of view.
Man you are chock full of strawman aren't you? None of that changes the fact that $15 per hour does not allow you to buy the same value of goods that it did 20 years ago.

Forum List

Back