The "FAITH" of the atheist.

I have even less faith in the human construct of religion.
Theism and religiosity are not the same thing.

The a priori imperatives of logic and mathematics, and the first principles of metaphysics tell us that God necessarily exists and what the universal code of morality is.

The a priori imperatives of logic and mathematics, and the first principles of metaphysics tell us that God necessarily exists and what the universal code of morality is.
Theoretical deduction is limited by the capacity of the brain doing the theorizing.

If the brain is incapable of processing absolutely everything then the deduction is flawed.

There is absolutely no reason to believe the human brain is capable of infinite understanding.

So the faith you have in the ability of human theoretical deduction is unfounded.

It seems spectacularly narcissistic to me for someone to be certain that they have The Answer to The Biggest Question Ever.

It's okay to say, "I don't know". Really.
Blah, blah, blah.

In the meantime, back to reality, the a priori imperatives of logic and mathematics, and the first principles of metaphysics tell us that God necessarily exists and what the universal code of morality is.

Blah, blah, blah.

In the meantime, back to reality, the a priori imperatives of logic and mathematics, and the first principles of metaphysics tell us that God necessarily exists and what the universal code of morality is.
There is no universal code or morality.

Morals have changed as societies evolve and they will keep changing.

It's no different than believing some magical being snapped its fingers and the entire universe just appeared

Theoretical deduction is limited by the capacity of the brain doing the theorizing.
If the brain is incapable of processing absolutely everything then the deduction is flawed.
There is absolutely no reason to believe the human brain is capable of infinite understanding.
So the faith you have in the ability of human theoretical deduction is unfounded.

There is no universal code or morality.

Morals have changed as societies evolve and they will keep changing.
Hogwash. Everybody knows it's wrong to violate another's life, liberty, property, will, or trust as no one would wish that others violate theirs.

Except that isn't what the book of Genesis says. The association of the serpent with Satan doesn't come until much later, and even then, it's in apocryphal books like Enoch. Why would Satan care if all snakes had to crawl on their bellies?

The talking snake aside, God kind of comes off like a Batman villain in that story. he gives Adam and Even an impossible choice, and then punishes them for making the wrong one.

Except that's not what the text says. The text says that the Donkey could see the Angel blocking the road, Balaam laid a beating into it, and then the Donkey started talking to him.

Except humans never reached 9 feet tall. The tallest human in modern times was 8'11", and he was a hopeless cripple. But even if you accept that Goliath was a really tall dude, it doesn't take away from all the other biblical accounts of Giants who were even taller. The Nephelim, for instance.

Except the bible doesn't say Rhinoceros, it says Unicorn.

Uh, guy, you don't understand how proof works.

There are a whole list of Gods you don't believe in... such as Odin, Zeus, Allah, Krishna, Amaterasu, Quetzalcoatl, Ishtar, Osiris, etc.

I just believe in one less than you do.
It's weird the way you look at the Bible and the way I look at it. I try to make you see it differently, but your atheism/agnosticism/sin or Satan has taken you too far over.

I asked for what evidence the atheists have for their religion and they have NOTHING. Don't you even have one of those new age beliefs? Did we mention those? At least, you'd have SOMETHING. Instead, you criticized me for believing what you think are fairy tales. There was a man who was swallowed by a whale and he lived. That was news in the early 2000s.

When I try to explain the truth, I feel like I am made to be some demon trying to scare you or someone who is a caricature. I feel like I'll be reduced to some old guy with long grey hair and a beard holding a sign, "REPENT, THE END IS NEAR." It could be me, but it is supposed to be Jesus as an old man. Well, Jesus isn't a man anymore. He isn't impotent. He sacrificed himself to save us and the next time he comes, he'll have an army with him. He'll be back to reclaim HIS GLORY from Satan, his followers and the atheists/ags/sinners. The Bible even prophecizes that your side will take over and become the majority. Maybe I am foolish to think that the believers still hold an edge. Yet, what I do know is Jesus will return again, but this time he will be himself as Son of Man and come with an army to defeat Satan, his followers and the atheists/ags/sinners.

I laugh out loud when you say I don't understand how proof works. I'm not stupid nor an old man holding a repent sign yet. I already gave you the way to the proof :aug08_031:.

Other times, I end up in the science section arguing for creation science and how science backs it up. Nothing works to convince the atheists/ags/sinners. That is why I come to realize how powerful Satan is. It's exactly like how he through a serpent convinced Adam and Eve. They thought of themselves as gods and thought they could eat the apple, their ONLY FORBIDDEN act and get away with it. You sound like that kind of Adam.

Well, not yet. The thing is, we've come a long way since the Bronze Age superstitions attributed everything they didn't understand to an angry sky pixie.

Eventually, we figure it all out, and we won't need made up Gods anymore.

View attachment 643566

Another Religious whacko hoping for the end of the world.
Ontological naturalism is the biggest superstition of them all.

Agnosticism is the place to be if you are the hedging your bets type. ;)

That's a nice little fairy tale for people who are afraid of their own mortality but hey whatever helps you sleep at night.
Lol, it's easy to defeat some in a simple discussion. The weak have nothing worth considering. You were WRONG :aug08_031:

Xianity is #1 on the planet for secreting atheism, so the concept of "losing faith" may not be a good choice. If a religion produces atheism, there are reasons for that production operating outside of the individual's head. Suggested reading is Shults, Iconoclastic Theology: Gilles Deleuze and the Secretion of Atheism.
Secrete this:

The a priori imperatives of logic and mathematics, and the first principles of metaphysics tell us that God necessarily exists and what the universal code of morality is.​

The way u present your take it sounds like you're in some kind of fight, it's just like most atheist threads where they make fun of God. My take is that we ultimately should have the same conclusions.

Let's just start w/ your first statement, and it should read (either stated by theist or atheist) that ...we can never know what produced everything and we all have our own preferred guesses. The second should be worded (imho) ...there are conflicting opinions about the origin of life and the topic is controversial.

Can we agree on this?
Abiogenesis, life arising from nonliving material via purely natural means, is utter nonsense.

Pseudointellectual rubbish.

Sure, okay. You've got The Answer, good for you.
So do you, as God's existence is self-evident. But you suppress the truth that God has written on your heart in unrighteousness to the effect that you have been given over to a reprobate mind.

Hogwash. Everybody knows it's wrong to violate another's life, liberty, property, will, or trust as no one would wish that others violate theirs.
But is it?

We as a society do not think killing is wrong.

We justify killing in self defense, we justify killing in wars, we justify killing as punishment.

If it is wrong to take another's life we certainly do not act as if we believe that.

Pseudointellectual rubbish.
You can deny it all you want.

You deductions are only as sound as your ability to understand the subjects/objects you are theorizing about.

My dog will never understand prime numbers. Humans likewise have limits to what our brains are capable of understanding.

Sine we really only understand about 5% of the entire universe we can say your deductions may well be only 5% correct

I'm impressed. Though you be an atheist, your insight regarding the religious pattern of theistic emotionalism is profound.

Notwithstanding, I'm a Christian, hence, a classical theist. The a priori imperatives of logic and mathematics, and the first principles of metaphysics tell us that God necessarily exists and what the universal code of morality is. The faith of theists who never get a firm grip on these things is shallow.
No, your childish fetishes tell you that. You then collect piles of archaic illogic that get laughed out of philosophy class to soothe yourself and affirm yourself.

Forum List

Back