The child tax credit in the stimulus bill will reduce child poverty by 42%: study

Turns out a couple thousand bucks more per year goes a long way for those who need it most.

well, hopefully it'll only be for a year, but as the saying goes it's the camel's nose in the tent

Never had a client with a new car--if they had one it wasn't running half the time, and if it was, half the time they couldn't afford the gas. Or the registration, and they could only drive at night because their sticker was the wrong color and the cops knew them. Another job, I drove sixty miles to the nearest Goodwill to buy a student of mine a winter coat because her car had given up the ghost and she was walking three miles to class in Maine winter in nothing but a hoodie. Up here, we do poor right.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself that there isn't major corruption and fraud in the SNAP programs?
When did we start talking about SNAP? Have you got some kind of list you're working from there? But no, I don't have any experience with SNAP issues.
There are certainly a lot of people getting government funding for food that don't need it.
If they didn't need it, WHY when our Republican governor managed to kick half of our households off SNAP, did the lines at our food banks double and triple? People are HUNGRY, BS. Their kids are hungry. Why else would you go wait in line for hours to get a box or bag full of canned goods and pasta or cereal you didn't get to choose? I've seen kids come to school for breakfast on Monday mornings and just wolf it down, looking around at everyone's trays for stuff they maybe don't want. If there's leftovers when everyone's served, sometimes those kids can get some seconds. You know they didn't eat much over the weekend.

One thing we've got in this country is plenty of food. For God's sake, don't jump to saving money by slowly starving people to death.
Some people don't know how to handle money, some people spend their money on stupid shit like cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, lottery tickets, then go to food banks to make it up. Truth.
Yes, but you severely overestimate how many people do that. Definitely not all poor people do that.
Yes, not ALL poor people do that, but a large percentage don't know how to handle money. That's why they're poor and will always be poor, regardless of how much money you give them. The Great Society experiment proved it.
Let me hit you with some knowledge. Regardless of a poor person’s use of money, there will ALWAYS be poor people no matter what. Someone has to fill those service jobs. There will ALWAYS be SOMEONE who works 40 hours a week at Wal-Mart. Meanwhile, if someone wants a better job, he has to get in line because millions of other poor people are competing for those higher wage jobs. Poverty is INEVITABLE.
No shit, Sherlock. Some people continually work on self improvement, some don't. Duh!
And many people who start out with shitty paying jobs who do seek self improvement fail simply because getting a job that pays well is hard to come by. It’s simply a matter of numbers. The amount of poor people greatly outweighs the amount of higher paying jobs.

A person who works hard at their menial job will always be able to find a better one, even if incrementally.
Not for the past 12 mos

Joe Biden is a genius. America has spent about $30 TRILLION on the War on Poverty since Johnson with no impact on the rate of poverty.

And here comes Jenius Joe with a simple $2000 tax credit and POOF! Half the child poverty is magically eliminated.

Cult indeed....

America is $23 Trillion in debt and spent $23 Trillion on the Commie Marxist DemoNazi war on Poverty.

So THREAD FAIL on this one moron.

Joe Biden is a genius. America has spent about $30 TRILLION on the War on Poverty since Johnson with no impact on the rate of poverty.

And here comes Jenius Joe with a simple $2000 tax credit and POOF! Half the child poverty is magically eliminated.

Cult indeed....

America is $23 Trillion in debt and spent $23 Trillion on the Commie Marxist DemoNazi war on Poverty.

Learn to read for comprehension.

Never had a client with a new car--if they had one it wasn't running half the time, and if it was, half the time they couldn't afford the gas. Or the registration, and they could only drive at night because their sticker was the wrong color and the cops knew them. Another job, I drove sixty miles to the nearest Goodwill to buy a student of mine a winter coat because her car had given up the ghost and she was walking three miles to class in Maine winter in nothing but a hoodie. Up here, we do poor right.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself that there isn't major corruption and fraud in the SNAP programs?
When did we start talking about SNAP? Have you got some kind of list you're working from there? But no, I don't have any experience with SNAP issues.
There are certainly a lot of people getting government funding for food that don't need it.
If they didn't need it, WHY when our Republican governor managed to kick half of our households off SNAP, did the lines at our food banks double and triple? People are HUNGRY, BS. Their kids are hungry. Why else would you go wait in line for hours to get a box or bag full of canned goods and pasta or cereal you didn't get to choose? I've seen kids come to school for breakfast on Monday mornings and just wolf it down, looking around at everyone's trays for stuff they maybe don't want. If there's leftovers when everyone's served, sometimes those kids can get some seconds. You know they didn't eat much over the weekend.

One thing we've got in this country is plenty of food. For God's sake, don't jump to saving money by slowly starving people to death.
Some people don't know how to handle money, some people spend their money on stupid shit like cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, lottery tickets, then go to food banks to make it up. Truth.
Yes, but you severely overestimate how many people do that. Definitely not all poor people do that.
Yes, not ALL poor people do that, but a large percentage don't know how to handle money. That's why they're poor and will always be poor, regardless of how much money you give them. The Great Society experiment proved it.
Let me hit you with some knowledge. Regardless of a poor person’s use of money, there will ALWAYS be poor people no matter what. Someone has to fill those service jobs. There will ALWAYS be SOMEONE who works 40 hours a week at Wal-Mart. Meanwhile, if someone wants a better job, he has to get in line because millions of other poor people are competing for those higher wage jobs. Poverty is INEVITABLE.
No shit, Sherlock. Some people continually work on self improvement, some don't. Duh!

And many people who start out with shitty paying jobs who do seek self improvement fail simply because getting a job that pays well is hard to come by. It’s simply a matter of numbers. The amount of poor people greatly outweighs the amount of higher paying jobs.
Gee, that's too bad. Life is hard. Who's responsible for your life?
Right I get it. You’re selfish and don’t care. Meanwhile, adults need to figure out how to alleviate poverty for millions who try but fail to get a better job because of the system they are born into.

Is that post autobiographical? I've worked all kinds of jobs, some paid well, some not. Got laid off a good job when work ran out, went to Burger King at the age of 37 until I was rehired when the previous job got more work. That's life. If you default to victimhood every time you suffer a setback you'll end up being a loser.
No moron, as you can see I was talking about millions of people. My personal job is fine. Republicans are too retarded for reading comprehension i guess.

Cult indeed....

Indeed. Just like schools and "teachers", we have spent billions upon billions eradicating "poverty" in our country - yet, there it is.....and we keep spending....

Turns out a couple thousand bucks more per year goes a long way for those who need it most.

Till the $15 hour minimum wage is past and the parents lose the tax credit.

Clearly you aren’t aware that the income limit is definitely higher than $15 per hour.

Clearly you aren’t aware that the income limit is definitely higher than $15 per hour.
It shouldn't be.

A person who works hard at their menial job will always be able to find a better one, even if incrementally.
Not for the past 12 mos

Really? The shitty workers are the first fired. People who work hard get noticed, and get better jobs due to it.

To get a better job, you must first better yourself. Hiking up your pants is a good start.

Right I get it. You’re selfish and don’t care. Meanwhile, adults need to figure out how to alleviate poverty for millions who try but fail to get a better job because of the system they are born into.

Did you go to school? Say through high school? Would you agree that all those are "C" or better students? Of course not. Life is the same way. There's a percentage of people who simply refuse to make good decisions for whatever reason. You, nor I, are responsible for their decisions.

Not for the past 12 mos

Really? The shitty workers are the first fired. People who work hard get noticed, and get better jobs due to it.

Except in Unions and government.

Not my job to wipe your ass and hold your hand. Where is there a better system?

Not for the past 12 mos

Private sector unions can get away with less "save the useless" than public sector unions can.

Not for the past 12 mos

Private sector unions can get away with less "save the useless" than public sector unions can.
I don't know you marty, but I know several state workers who got laid off and haven't found new jobs .... because their aren't any. And they really haven't been missed because they worked in things like permits for new biz, and there's not been any new biz. Eventually the slots will be filled, but probably not with the people who lost the jobs

Did you go to school? Say through high school? Would you agree that all those are "C" or better students? Of course not. Life is the same way. There's a percentage of people who simply refuse to make good decisions for whatever reason. You, nor I, are responsible for their decisions.
Except that why those students got C’s is a completely different subject. Maybe they are smart and capable, but their stepdad put cigarettes out on their neck every day and it makes them not give a shit about school. And sure, some are just natural slackers, I agree. You can’t broadbrush them though.

Not my job to wipe your ass and hold your hand. Where is there a better system?
Trust me, no one needs your help for this.

Forum List

Back