Why do people bitch & whine about the attack on the U.S.S. Liberty so much?

Believe it or not, I actually like the country of Israel and its rational residents.
I simply feel that Israel's current government is as criminal and ruthless as any on the planet.

Next, in what way is my support for fellow American combat Veterans "treasonous"?

Another question: If you don't especially like Israel, why do you side with the lies of a foreign government over the testimony of American Veterans who have been slandered, betrayed and harassed.

Finally, you have not answered the three questions / facts I asked earlier that are among other facts showing that IDF knowingly attacked an American ship and even strafed the life rafts.

These are from an earlier comment I made.

"1. Who to believe?
You've got nothing that contradicts the Moorer Report but your loyalty to Israel keeps you in denial of the truth.
I wrote and supported that the initial attacks were from unmarked, Israeli French Mirage planes. Subsequent attacks with marked planes and torpedo boats were to leave no survivors and sink the ship.

2. Your response does nothing to refute the fact that the Israeli murder of 34 American G.I.s by IDF as further supported by an ethical Israeli pilot.

3. I already provided at least 2 credible sources that show that IDF strafed lowered life rafts; (a war crime) further evidence that the Israelis wanted no survivors / eyewitnesses to yet another Israeli betrayal.

Do you stilll believe the attack was accidental?

Thanks,

"accidental" is a loaded term, I do not believe the IDF set out to attack an American ship.

I resent a piece of ignorant scum like you calling me loyal to Israel.

Whining about this attack in no way makes you loyal to the U.S

the reports you cite are ALL hearsay. and would never be accepted in a court of law. Show us the FOOTAGE----the Liberty was not a "WARSHIP" ---it was not involved in the war------WAS IT? on which side? It was a ship in an arena of war------undefined. The crew "heard"? -----where are the recordings?-----this event did not take place 200 years ago. An investigation is supposed to be an investigation------

I have already posted enough evidence to convince any rational and objective individual that IDF deliberately attempted to sink an American ship and murder the entire crew.

I just posted sources confirming both facts on Post # 400

I have already posted enough evidence to convince any rational and objective individual that IDF deliberately attempted to sink an American ship and murder the entire crew.

I just posted sources confirming both facts on Post # 400
no you didn't-----it is clear that you have no experience in the issue
of PROOF. In fact there was no effort to sink the ship at all which
should be obvious to any person who has any background in logic
or problem solving or testimony. As to maritime accidents---of course
most people haven't got a clue

"accidental" is a loaded term, I do not believe the IDF set out to attack an American ship.

I resent a piece of ignorant scum like you calling me loyal to Israel.

Whining about this attack in no way makes you loyal to the U.S

First, I don't like name calling and wouldn't have regarded you as loyal to Israel if you hadn't been so fanatically pro Israel for so many years both here and elsewhere.
Additionally, this

Has Netanyahu's Gaza genocide dampened your former pro Israel fervor?

At any rate, I didn't mean to insult you and apologize.

Finally, Re:

I don't understand how "accidental" is a "loaded term"

I will confess that a recent dinner table fart was accidental due to a sudden cough.

I will also confess that I don't feel the same degree of restraint when someone fires up a cheap cigar.

The difference, of course, is that the dinner table incident was unintentional and subsequent petards were not.

It sounds like you are suggesting that IDF just decided to open fire on the open sea and the Liberty just happened to be in the way.

Please explain.

Thanks,

First, I don't like name calling and wouldn't have regarded you as loyal to Israel if you hadn't been so fanatically pro Israel for so many years both here and elsewhere.
Additionally, this

Has Netanyahu's Gaza genocide dampened your former pro Israel fervor?

At any rate, I didn't mean to insult you and apologize.

I don't understand how "accidental" is a "loaded term"

I will confess that a recent dinner table fart was accidental due to a sudden cough.

I will also confess that I don't feel the same degree of restraint when someone fires up a cheap cigar.

The difference, of course, is that the dinner table incident was unintentional and subsequent petards were not.

It sounds like you are suggesting that IDF just decided to open fire on the open sea and the Liberty just happened to be in the way.

Please explain.

Thanks,
Please explain what? I cannot---that which I know about other Maritime
accidents is US NAVY BUSINESS upon which it is illegal for me to comment.
Your citations are a joke----the information therein is obviously false since
the real stuff is classified both for Israel and the USA. Lee Harvey Oswald did shoot JFK. As to the putative "LEAVE NO SURVIVORS" claim---yeah right!!
how did that one pan out?

FUCK YOU TRAITOR

NO MISTAKE AT ALL...

THIS WAS THE TRANSCRIPT

And this is the full story

It was a deliberate intentional act of war by Israel and Zionist Fascist "Americans" to start WW3.

People calling it an "accident" should be tried as traitors.
Fuck off ,Hitler. You support Hamas.

Methinks I've heard enough from Liberty survivors to paint Israel as the backstabbers they are

~S~
Muzziphiles in the State Department

We are not told the history of repeated incidents of our government restricting Israel's security. The Israelis sent a message that such interference had to stop, which was the only they were allowed to keep the fruits of their victory in the Six-Day War.

They tried 3 times and still couldn't sink it. Why? Because we build good boats!

And this here screams that you really do not know what you are talking about. If they had wanted to actually sink it, it would now be a reef.

It must be remembered that first and foremost, the USS Liberty was a Victory Ship originally built as the SS Simmons Victory in 1945. And absolutely nobody ever considered the Victory ships to be "good ships". Quite literally they were fast to build, cheap, and disposable. As long as they made at least one successful delivery before they were sunk, they were considered to have done their job. And like the earlier Liberty ships, they were plagued with hull cracks, metal fatigue, and outright hull failures.

They were not "good boats", the ships were basically the Yugo's of WWII. Cheap and fast enough to produce that they could crank them out faster than Germany or Japan could sink the damned things. They built over 500 of them, at $2.5 million each. And they literally were considered to be disposable. The cargo one would carry was quite often worth more than the ship itself was.

And you are using Haaretz as your reference?

Shoot, why not just post something from Press.TV while you're at it?
I can't but notice you have nothing in return but ad hominems. Do you have any evidence to the contrary? No. All you have, is your big, fat mushroom mouth!

And this here screams that you really do not know what you are talking about. If they had wanted to actually sink it, it would now be a reef.

It must be remembered that first and foremost, the USS Liberty was a Victory Ship originally built as the SS Simmons Victory in 1945. And absolutely nobody ever considered the Victory ships to be "good ships". Quite literally they were fast to build, cheap, and disposable. As long as they made at least one successful delivery before they were sunk, they were considered to have done their job. And like the earlier Liberty ships, they were plagued with hull cracks, metal fatigue, and outright hull failures.

They were not "good boats", the ships were basically the Yugo's of WWII. Cheap and fast enough to produce that they could crank them out faster than Germany or Japan could sink the damned things. They built over 500 of them, at $2.5 million each. And they literally were considered to be disposable. The cargo one would carry was quite often worth more than the ship itself was.
This is nothing but conjecture on your part.

"Well, if they wanted to sink it..."

C'mon! They came at the boat with jets, helicopters and a submarine. Fuck man, show me evidence this didn't happen!

I can't but notice you have nothing in return but ad hominems. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

No, that is not how logic works. You are the one that has to prove something, not me. Otherwise, I could say there is a kind of frog that lives in Antarctica that can jump to the moon. And I know it exists, it is up to you to prove that it does not exist.

Almost any time somebody demands proof of a negative, you know they have nothing but their own beliefs and feelings to go off of. Or in this case with all of your other posts endlessly attacking Israel, it is your own hate.

This is nothing but conjecture on your part.

"Well, if they wanted to sink it..."

Is it conjecture that the Victory ships were some of the cheapest ships ever made, and were considered to be of inferior quality?

Once again, I challenge what you say and you spin off in a completely different direction.

You really are incapable of debating honestly, that is now completely obvious.

Is it conjecture that the Victory ships were some of the cheapest ships ever made, and were considered to be of inferior quality?

Once again, I challenge what you say and you spin off in a completely different direction.

Firstly, I believe that it is entirely possible to have different opinions and still discuss them with civility.

I've already written and supported the fact that IDF's attack on the USS Liberty was deliberate and
the Israeli orders that were issued were to sink the ship and leave no survivors / eyewitnesses.

IDF desperately tried to sink the ship firing 5 torpedos but only one of them hit killing 20+ American G.I.s. in just that one blast. Thirty four Americans were murdered in this one particular Israeli betrayal.

Additional proof that one of the 2 objectives was to murder the entire crew(1) and leave no eyewitnesses is on full display at Israel’s National Maritime Museum in Haifa (2) as a reminder to loyal Americans of Zionist treachery.

Thanks,

(1). "New revelations in attack on American spy ship"
https://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-liberty_tuesoct02-story.html#page=1

EXCERPT "The ground control station stated that the target was American and for the aircraft to confirm it," Forslund recalled. "The aircraft did confirm the identity of the target as American, by the American flag.

"The ground control station ordered the aircraft to attack and sink the target and ensure they left no survivors."

Forslund said he clearly recalled "the obvious frustration of the controller over the inability of the pilots to sink the target quickly and completely."

"He kept insisting the mission had to sink the target, and was frustrated with the pilots' responses that it didn't sink." CONTINUED

(2). "The Forgotten Sneak Attack"
https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/12/09/the-forgotten-sneak-attack/

EXCERPT "The life raft taken by the Israeli torpedo boat and the wheel of the torpedo boat that succeeded in hitting Liberty are on display at Israel’s National Maritime Museum in Haifa. In Israel, those who participated in the attack are celebrated as national heroes."CONTINUED

No, that is not how logic works. You are the one that has to prove something, not me. Otherwise, I could say there is a kind of frog that lives in Antarctica that can jump to the moon. And I know it exists, it is up to you to prove that it does not exist.

Almost any time somebody demands proof of a negative, you know they have nothing but their own beliefs and feelings to go off of. Or in this case with all of your other posts endlessly attacking Israel, it is your own hate.
But I have offered proof and you have offered nothing in return except conjecture and ad hominems.

You see, junior, the way logic works, is that once I provide my citation, and if you plan to rebut, you must submit proof to the contrary, or your argument is considered frivolous. And you've provided nothing!

Okay, so they were the cheapest made. So what. It has nothing to do with your argument that Israel did not shoot up the ship.

Forum List

Back