The average American has 4 pill prescriptions.

That's disturbing, since by 2019, 72% of the active pharmaceutical ingredients manufacturers supplying the U.S. market were overseas, and 13 percent were in China. I don't know how much of our drug supplies are being manufactured in China now, but the FDA’s data shows that the number of registered facilities making them in China more than doubled between 2010 and 2019.

Safeguarding Pharmaceutical Supply Chains in a Global Economy

until ,u stroke a year ago, I only took a multivitamin.

now?

3 in the morning, 1 at night.

i

When I got certified as a Pharmacy Tech way back in the early 2000's, we had to memorize the top 200 drugs prescribed in the US. We also had to know what the top 10 drugs were of some selective classes. SSRIs (Selective Satonin Reuptake Inhibitors)--anti depressants--were on the list...every single one of them.

I think it says much more about the medical profession than it does about the health of the populations that take them.

Its one of the failings of capitalism. If you want your patients to come back to you so you can grow your practice, your goal isn't really their day-to-day health although that is a companion outcome you wish to pursue. So along with diet, exercise, cutting back on caffeine, nicotine, and fats...you prescribe something to take the edge off and improve how the patient feels immediately. The sedentary lifestyles have lead to more pain in the average person's day-to-day life so you see the same quick fixes being prescribed now with pain killers and opioids.

You take away the profit motive and you would begin to see doctors practicing medicine once more (the ones who know what they are doing anyway). The goal nowadays in a lot of practices is to keep the money flowing in and the long term health of the patient is sometimes secondary.

61 and I take none. I did have a colonoscopy because I believed it was better than the alternative and I was kinda surprised how many that took my history were pleasantly surprised that I take nothing.

I had shingles awhile back and I had hernia surgery. Both times I was proscribed pain meds but didn't take any either time.

We are 5% of the world's population but we consume 50% of the world's pills. Golly we must really be healthy! Not. Read this informative article on US pill consumption.

That's private healthcare.
Get them in sell them whatever you can.
Basically the US healthcare system is one of the biggest scammers.

To have health insurance you must pay 15%
In the UK people who use the NHS pay nothing for insurance companies unless they have BUPA (but I'm not sure how that works, because essentially they pay to use the NHS but get better perks or something).

You pay for the corruption, estimated to be like 20%-30%, You're at nearly 50% and you've got yourself NOTHING.

The NHS spends LESS per capita than the US federal government spends on healthcare.

So, you're literally paying about the same (slightly more) in taxes, and you get NOTHING, and then you're paying for all the corruption, so, like 25% of healthcare spending goes on the healthcare of those who actually buy health insurance, just to be told they've got the wrong kind of cancer, fuck you very much.

When I got certified as a Pharmacy Tech way back in the early 2000's, we had to memorize the top 200 drugs prescribed in the US. We also had to know what the top 10 drugs were of some selective classes. SSRIs (Selective Satonin Reuptake Inhibitors)--anti depressants--were on the list...every single one of them.

I think it says much more about the medical profession than it does about the health of the populations that take them.

Its one of the failings of capitalism. If you want your patients to come back to you so you can grow your practice, your goal isn't really their day-to-day health although that is a companion outcome you wish to pursue. So along with diet, exercise, cutting back on caffeine, nicotine, and fats...you prescribe something to take the edge off and improve how the patient feels immediately. The sedentary lifestyles have lead to more pain in the average person's day-to-day life so you see the same quick fixes being prescribed now with pain killers and opioids.

You take away the profit motive and you would begin to see doctors practicing medicine once more (the ones who know what they are doing anyway). The goal nowadays in a lot of practices is to keep the money flowing in and the long term health of the patient is sometimes secondary.
Big pharma's influence in modern medicine is pandemic in of itself. They've infiltrated every corner of western medicine , hospitals, ol;d folks homes, institutions & schools.

The exponential magnitude of psychotropics in our water system, antibiotic paradox, multi drug resistance, along with kids drooling for the dare officer should make any cartel jealous....

two-hands-full-of-tablets-and-pills.jpg

~S~

Big pharma's influence in modern medicine is pandemic in of itself. They've infiltrated every corner of western medicine , hospitals, ol;d folks homes, institutions & schools.

The exponential magnitude of psychotropics in our water system, antibiotic paradox, multi drug resistance, along with kids drooling for the dare officer should make any cartel jealous....

two-hands-full-of-tablets-and-pills.jpg

~S~
I don't deny that. As a Pharmacy Technician, there was seldom a week where I didn't see a sales person from a medical supply/drug manufacturer stop by to see if we had their stuff or another MFG's stuff on our shelves.

Every other commercial on TV is for some sort of new pill that you should talk to your doctor about taking for your imaginary ailment/condition.

Other than the occasional script for sinus infections. Never had a single prescription or stay in hospital. Health insurance has been a monumental waste of money for me.

Have friend though that more than make up for me though.

Seems every time they see a new pharma commercial for some previously unknown illness, they run to the doctor to get those pills.

Crazy.

That's private healthcare.
Get them in sell them whatever you can.
Basically the US healthcare system is one of the biggest scammers.

To have health insurance you must pay 15%
In the UK people who use the NHS pay nothing for insurance companies unless they have BUPA (but I'm not sure how that works, because essentially they pay to use the NHS but get better perks or something).

You pay for the corruption, estimated to be like 20%-30%, You're at nearly 50% and you've got yourself NOTHING.

The NHS spends LESS per capita than the US federal government spends on healthcare.

So, you're literally paying about the same (slightly more) in taxes, and you get NOTHING, and then you're paying for all the corruption, so, like 25% of healthcare spending goes on the healthcare of those who actually buy health insurance, just to be told they've got the wrong kind of cancer, fuck you very much.

The NHS is a garbage system. That isn't a defense of the American system, but they are hardly who we want to model.

Forum List

Back