Why American politics are polarized:

It would be illegal and u constitutional to try to restrict contraception and the weirdos that would actually support it a only few and far between.
time is proving you wrong. i can wait.

if i ever need contraception (or my wife abortion) we will have it, but no one advocating interference between an american and her doctor will ever get my support.

Why American politics are polarized:​

The linked article I'm referring to provides an insight into a problem that and many others, possibly you the reader, and I similarly perceive. But I've not been able, and the author hasn't suggested any feasible remedy.

Relative to this topic, I'm acquainted with at least one person in particular, who faults the Democratic Party for Medicare and the Affordable Care Act for his family's increased insurance and other medical costs. I contend that medical costs in particular are increasing more rapidly than other costs driven by inflation, due to many other than our government's policies regarding medical goods and services. Rapid advancements in technology have given us longer lifetimes, but not necessarily better lifetimes. The much fewer options available to us in the past were much less expensive than these medical advances we now expect to be provided for us.
(I remember when I purchased a car without air-conditioning because an air-conditioner for that economy model would have been an additional cost of approximately a quarter of the price I paid for the entire car).

I don't doubt substantial portions of automobile repair increases, (auto-body repair costs in particular), are due to insurance purchasers and third-party, (i.e insurance companies' practices). I also believe due to the law preventing government administration of prescription drug insurance and government's legal inability to negotiate prices charged for prescription drugs in USA marketplaces, my prescriptions cost more than otherwise.
Respectfully, Supposn

Excerptedfrom, Science is revealing why American politics are so intensely polarized
"Social scientists say polarization is increasingly based on a visceral dislike for the opposition rather than extremely divergent policy preferences. By Joel Achenbach. …
… The tendency to form tightly knit groups has roots in evolution, according to experts in political psychology. Humans evolved in a challenging world of limited resources in which survival required cooperation —and identifying the rivals, the competitors for those resources.
“The evolution of cooperation required out-group hatred, which is really sad,” said Nicholas Christakis, a Yale sociologist and author of “Blueprint: The Evolutionary Origins of a Good Society.”

Simple, the FPTP electoral system.

Why American politics are polarized?

I disagree that this polarization is a matter of science. I see it as a matter of $$$.

There's always been contrasts of opinions on how the country should be run. Within the last 30 years, however, we've seen the successful commercial exploitation of that rivalry.

The two party system insures a divided country and the voters are responsible.
+1. it also limits debate to only 2 possibilities and insures an adversarial (if not polar) politics.

i'm open to ideas for extending the possibilities for multiparty democracy, but of course, the parties disagree.

+1. it also limits debate to only 2 possibilities and insures an adversarial (if not polar) politics.

i'm open to ideas for extending the possibilities for multiparty democracy, but of course, the parties disagree.
The Republican and Democrat parties have the power and money plus most voters identify with them. True Independents like myself are very rare.

The Republican and Democrat parties have the power and money plus most voters identify with them. True Independents like myself are very rare.
i have played on independent and third party politics. belonged to the libertarians for a while and have worked for greens at the local level. it is a tough sell ("wasted vote" is fair, if not compelling.)

unfortunately, the democrats are the best hope for change and self government. they are not a progressive party, but can be kicked into policy corners, as the afghanastan and gaza events have shown.

America is politically polarized because of an intentional campaign spanning many decades, to make it so.

The Left is evil. It has fought to denigrate the accomplishments and virtues of the culture. It has fought to propagate the Narrative that the world is divided into Oppressors and the Oppressed, denying the reality that our success is the result of disparate groups working together to make good things happen.

The Left is totally untethered from any rational values. It disdains America's founding documents, rejects its traditional mores, scorns its heroes and historical standouts, and replaces them with empty falsehoods and bizarre promises.

Leftism is a cancer that must be fought at every turn. DO NOT ACCEPT IT. Humans are binary. The earth is not going to burn up due to climate change. Successful people ("The Rich") are not the enemy. Our society will NOT be improved by introducing tens of millions of wretched bastards from shit-hole countries that do not share our values. Donald Trump IS NOT evil.

If the LWNJs would stop acting so contemptable I wuldn't hold them in such contempt.

But make no mistake, I do at the moment (apart from a few stand outs, and I think you know who you are) consider them pretty much the lowest of the low.
That gate swings both ways.
Has ever since politics got stated, back sometime about when humans learned to chip flint.
Oh look, two month old, stale, butt-hurt.

YAWN

Why American politics are polarized:​

Let's tick off the easy ones. Because Dems are blatant backstabbing liars. Because Dems architected an invasion of millions of illegals who have killed and raped Americans. Because when Dems lose elections they fabricate shit to undermine the will of the people who voted for the winner. Dems are without shame or remorse. There's no lie they won't tell and no nasty scheme they won't use to cling to power.

Extremists have taken over both parties and they are pushing garbage candidates who produce unpopular ideas.

The right thinks the left's ideas are retarded, the left thinks the right's ideas shouldn't exist.

Feel free to try to do your usual equating of both sides.

That's true, but it doesn't tell me the future.
I've yet to find the person who has a clear and 100% vision of the future. There are some ranges of probabilities, but my study of history shows as much if not more of the unexpected and unpredictable as well. Often such have major effect on the course of things.

Your post I responded to, quote: "Should we ever be severely attacked by a foreign armed forces. Our silly divisions will melt away as we all pull together."

Using World War Two as an example, while most but not all in the USA "pulled together" to fight the Axis, our divisions, silly and not so, remained and resurfaced at times during the conflict and especially right after. USA allying with the Soviet Union and giving them "Lend-Lease" do not sit well with many in our nation. Another example is the mix of attitudes towards Britain and France reclaiming the liberated colonies they had before the war. There also was much disunity over the USSR changing Nazi occupation for Communist occupation of the Eastern Europe nations that Russia "liberated".

Just in the six years of September 1939 to August 1945 there were so many things and events that set changes and alternate course of the future not foreseen at the start, nor adequately dealt with during and after.

I remain skeptical that even a 'severely attacked by an extra-terrestrial armed forces' would melt our "silly" divisions.

Fucking Bill O’Liely saying how MSM blackballed Trumpers but forgets how he Blackballed Michael Savage at Foxsnews and made Hannity promise to carry over blackball after he left Foxsnews

Here's your 2 state supported candidates. love your pick and hate those other people. See you in 4 years and we'll do it again.

twins.jpg

The two party system insures a divided country and the voters are responsible.

I've yet to find the person who has a clear and 100% vision of the future. There are some ranges of probabilities, but my study of history shows as much if not more of the unexpected and unpredictable as well. Often such have major effect on the course of things.

Your post I responded to, quote: "Should we ever be severely attacked by a foreign armed forces. Our silly divisions will melt away as we all pull together."

Using World War Two as an example, while most but not all in the USA "pulled together" to fight the Axis, our divisions, silly and not so, remained and resurfaced at times during the conflict and especially right after. USA allying with the Soviet Union and giving them "Lend-Lease" do not sit well with many in our nation. Another example is the mix of attitudes towards Britain and France reclaiming the liberated colonies they had before the war. There also was much disunity over the USSR changing Nazi occupation for Communist occupation of the Eastern Europe nations that Russia "liberated".

Just in the six years of September 1939 to August 1945 there were so many things and events that set changes and alternate course of the future not foreseen at the start, nor adequately dealt with during and after.

I remain skeptical that even a 'severely attacked by an extra-terrestrial armed forces' would melt our "silly" divisions.
wwii was a great driver of technology (i'm trying to think of a war that was not. chariots at kadesh, iron, steel, tanks and aircraft in wwi. gattling guns and repeating carbines in the civil war. )

i am particularly interested in the mid 1940s situation in viet nam. we did make promises to ho for his help. the oss man was maj patti,
]
ah, here is a good article. npt the one i'm looking for...

the wwii museum is just a few blocks away. i've never been there, but looks like they may have something . wonder if she'll let me go tomorrow......

wwii was a great driver of technology (i'm trying to think of a war that was not. chariots at kadesh, iron, steel, tanks and aircraft in wwi. gattling guns and repeating carbines in the civil war. )

i am particularly interested in the mid 1940s situation in viet nam. we did make promises to ho for his help. the oss man was maj patti,
]
ah, here is a good article. npt the one i'm looking for...

the wwii museum is just a few blocks away. i've never been there, but looks like they may have something . wonder if she'll let me go tomorrow......

Extremists have taken over both parties and they are pushing garbage candidates who produce unpopular ideas.
There is one extreme group that is not a fringe group that must be persuaded to back off. This extremist group, I will give you a clue has a huge advantage in the electoral college and the way the US senators are chosen. They also have a lifetime advantage six to three on the Supreme Court. They have six Catholics on the Supreme Court that seems to be very fond of this extremist group.

More on this to come

Last edited:

Forum List

Back