Thanks for nothing Donald Trump ... Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal

God save America from the orange dolt.

0715747e3c4cce1a16d07360e0a18783.jpg

I am glad Trump makes you sad.

Defiling yourself appears to make you happier.
Doesn’t change that Trump makes you sad. Shows your weak constitution.
Watching your fat assed orange buddy destroy America does make me sad.

Why not you?
Me and my family are better off with him as President and I feel safer as he and his regime are paying attention to illegals. Plus he moved our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. As a Jewish person that is important to me. The Left has decided to vilify Jews with their antisemitic BDS movement. To each their own.

Trump increased Obama’s deficits. Bush ruined a balanced budget. Reagan tripled the debt. Repubs are bad.
Barry Hussein almost ran up as much debt in 8 years as all other Presidents, combined.
And then trump increased Obama deficits.
Obama handed off increasing deficits.
Yeah mildly increased his last year. Then drastically increased with trump.
Lies.

• 2017 - $665 billion budget deficit
  • 2016 - $585 billion budget deficit
  • 2015 - $439 billion budget deficit
US Budget Deficit by Year Since 1969
They are up to a trillion now.

Trump increased Obama’s deficits. Bush ruined a balanced budget. Reagan tripled the debt. Repubs are bad.
Barry Hussein almost ran up as much debt in 8 years as all other Presidents, combined.

• 2014 - $514 billion budget deficit

Obama has been Trumped by $ Trillion deficits and rising. Donald Trump doesn't appear to understand that cutting taxes increases the deficit.

Revenues went up. How does more revenue increase deficits?
They barely went up during a strong economy. They should have increased a lot. Are you really this stupid? Deficits are a trillion and we aren’t even in a recession.

Why not you?
Me and my family are better off with him as President and I feel safer as he and his regime are paying attention to illegals. Plus he moved our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. As a Jewish person that is important to me. The Left has decided to vilify Jews with their antisemitic BDS movement. To each their own.
Those guys marching at Charlottesville make you feel safer?

Welcome to the bogus economy and TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome fueled by burgeoning debt and stoked by the First Loser.

You have to respect Donald Trump for being astute enough to recognize that the poorly-educated are a majority in US society and going after them.

Donald Trump is inflating the expectations of his howling mob by making promises he doesn't intend to keep and can't keep.

US debt has increased by $10,000 per worker during Trump's tenure while "53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year" and have traveled backward. If Trump's debt trajectory continues, the 53 million Americans will soon have a net negative value as the debt balloons to stratospheric values.

The Donald Trump trajectory portends a horrendous recession which will make Lebanon and Zimbabwe look like desirable economic models.

Good jobs are rising slower than the population which means more and more Americans are doomed to TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome.

Trump and his sycophantic associates still don't understand that the economy and job quality has not recovered from the Bush depression that caused many new graduates to lose the opportunity to establish a career in a chosen profession and many had to settle for low-quality low pay jobs. Many of these unfortunate people have not recovered from this setback and won't under Trump's leadership.

Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal - Legal Reader

Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal
DAWN ALLEN — January 27, 2020

Low-wage workers make up nearly half of the American workforce, and many of them are the sole breadwinners for their families.

Last November, the Brookings Institution released a study concluding that nearly half of working age Americans are employed in low-wage jobs. They found that 53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year.

The fact that 44% of the American workforce now finds itself in such a precarious economic situation might come as a surprise to those who imagine low-wage work to be the domain of teenagers, college students, the newly-hired, or those taking on side gigs for extra cash. Instead, these jobs are the main way that many people support their families, especially in smaller cities in the southern and western regions of the United States. 26% of low-wage earners are the sole breadwinners for their household, and another 25% live in households where all earners work in low-paying jobs.

Perhaps the most obvious solution to improving conditions for these workers is to provide education, retraining, and skill upgrades so that they qualify for better jobs. Indeed, 40% of low-wage workers between the ages of 25-64 have, at most, a high school diploma, while another 13% are young people without degrees who are not in school. That means, however, that nearly half of the workers in low-paying jobs already have higher levels of educational attainment.

Simply getting more education won’t cause jobs to magically appear, either. The Occupy movement was full of college-educated people who couldn’t find sufficient jobs to pay back crushing student debt. Perhaps it’s true that “they should have gotten STEM degrees,” (and not those pesky Women’s Studies or sociology majors) as those on the Libertarian/Conservative spectrum self-righteously preached in 2011, but remember how that sentiment morphed into right-wing trolls mocking laid-off “elite” journalists with the condescending mantra of “better learn to code, then” by 2019? (Besides, if everyone learned to code, it would become just another low-wage job.)

You know Denizen, even your people on the Left say that attacking the economy is a loser since it is so good.

Obviously, you didn't get the memo, but after seeing you have pages upon pages of responses, I guess my side didn't get the memo either.

Arguing over something that is a LOSER for the person arguing over it, is just a waste of time, but go ahead, I see ya suckerd many in, lol.

Why not you?
Those guys marching at Charlottesville make you feel safer?

People can march. The are useless and seen as inbred hicks. The BDS persons are given credence and support. That is the difference.

So it doesn't matter.... revenue is up... but that doesn't matter.

New math? Common Core? Just wondering how you claim revenue being higher doesn't matter to deficits....

How can Amazon and it's ilk pay zero corporate tax?

So many of the biggest corporations are paying nothing.

Donald Trump is irate beccause EU and UK companies a re starting to implement taxes on US based corporations who conduct online business in their countries, including advertising and sales.

Big MNCs might eventually pay more tax in EU and UK than they do in the USA.

Are you saying that all the executives, and management of Amazon and Google, and all the other companies are not paying taxes?

The answer to your question is... you are a liar. That's how they pay zero tax. When you make up things that are not true, then they pay zero tax.

No little buddy. You lie.

Amazon will pay $0 in federal taxes this year — here's how the $793 billion company gets away with it

Amazon will pay $0 in federal taxes this year — here's how the $793 billion company gets away with it
Alyssa Pagano and Steve Kovach Feb 14, 2019, 10:07 PM

Amazon will not pay federal income tax for the second year in a row, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, despite being worth $793 billion. ...

So what? From whom does the money come from that companies use to pay those taxes?

Profits that are otherwise applied to share buybacks.

So what? From whom does the money come from that companies use to pay those taxes?

Why not you?

Do you really believe that by posting that malarkey, someone will believe you or their own eyes?

US-China phase 1 trade deal: Beijing agrees to buy $200 billion in US products
By Michelle Toh, CNN Business
11 hrs ago [Jan 16. 2020]

China has agreed to buy hundreds of billions of dollars worth of products from the United States as part of their "phase one" trade deal.

The agreement signed Wednesday will have Beijing purchase an additional $200 billion of US goods and services over the next two years.

The increase in purchases will be compared to 2017, before the trade war started. China imported over $185 billion in total US goods and services that year.

In exchange, Washington has agreed to reduce tariffs on $120 billion in Chinese products from 15% to 7.5%.

Taken together, the phased purchases by China would result in a dramatic surge in US exports. Total exports to China would increase to over $260 billion in 2020, and roughly $310 billion in 2021 if the deal holds

US-China phase 1 trade deal: Beijing agrees to buy $200 billion in US products

###

HAH! President Trump Invited Minnesota Hog Farmers to USMCA Signing Ceremony — But NOT Nancy Pelosi
by Jim Hoft January 29, 2020
President Trump signed the historic USMCA Trade Agreement on Wednesday at the White House.

The trade agreement replaces the disastrous NAFTA agreement signed into law during the Clinton years.

President Trump invited Minnesota Republicans and Minnesota hog farmers to the White House for the signing ceremony today.

HAH! President Trump Invited Minnesota Hog Farmers to USMCA Signing Ceremony -- But NOT Nancy Pelosi

###

More MAGA Winning: Gallup Poll Has NEVER Recorded This Level Of Economic Optimism
Written by K. Walker on February 6, 2020

[...]

Americans feel better about their personal financial situation than they did under Obama, Clinton, or even Reagan. This year-to-year number has been rising since 2018 and has hit a 44-year record high according to Gallup’s “Mood of the Nation” economic survey. Gallup reports that 59% of Americans — nearly six in 10 — say that they are better off financially than they were a year ago, which is up from 50% last year.

[...]

There has also been a sharp decline in the percentage of people who say that they are financially worse off than a year ago. Only 20% of Americans are stating that as theirfinancial reality, and that is a record low.

[...]

More MAGA Winning: Gallup Poll Has NEVER Recorded This Level Of Economic Optimism

More?

Yeah mildly increased his last year. Then drastically increased with trump.
Lies.

• 2017 - $665 billion budget deficit
They are up to a trillion now.

Did you complain all those years failed former President Barack Hussein had deficits above $1TRILLION?

i-vbB5vBD-X2.jpg

Revenues went up. How does more revenue increase deficits?
So the amount it goes up is irrelevant.
Corporate taxes still below 2017

New math? Common Core? Just wondering how you claim revenue being higher doesn't matter to deficits....

Donald Trump is irate beccause EU and UK companies a re starting to implement taxes on US based corporations who conduct online business in their countries, including advertising and sales.

Are you saying that all the executives, and management of Amazon and Google, and all the other companies are not paying taxes?

The answer to your question is... you are a liar. That's how they pay zero tax. When you make up things that are not true, then they pay zero tax.

Amazon will not pay federal income tax for the second year in a row, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, despite being worth $793 billion. ...

I love this... Ok so let's look at what your link actually says:

The company’s newest corporate filing reveals that, far from paying the statutory 21 percent income tax rate on its U.S. income in 2018, Amazon reported a federal income tax rebate of $129 million. For those who don’t have a pocket calculator handy, that works out to a tax rate of negative 1 percent. The fine print of Amazon’s income tax disclosure shows that this achievement is partly due to various unspecified “tax credits” as well as a tax break for executive stock options.​

1. Note: "income tax rebate". Do you know what a rebate is? It means they paid too much in tax last year, so they are getting money back this year. If the amount that you paid too much of, exceeds how much you paid for this year, relative to how much you owe... then you get money back.

It does not mean they paid no tax. It means if they owed $100, and paid $200 last year, and they owed $100 and paid $50 this year... then doing a little math, you are going to get back $50... while still having paid tax.

How do I know this is the case?
Annual reports, proxies and shareholder letters | Amazon.com, Inc. - IR
SEC Investor Relations, Page 65.

View attachment 308886
That's $3.4 Billion... in supposedly never paid taxes according to the brainless fool who wrote that link.

2. Further I love how he says unspecified tax credits. That's funny given they are well documented if you look.
Page 22 of the same report.

Our federal tax credits are primarily related to the U.S. federal research and development credit. As we utilize our federal net operating losses and tax credits we expect cash paid for taxes to increase.​

So they even say the amount they pay in taxes will increase as they use up their tax credits. Implication they are paying cash for taxes already.

But their tax credits are for R&D. What R&D might that be?

Go behind the scenes as Amazon develops a new electric vehicle

Well what do you know.... green-energy research projects? Crazy.

So everywhere else in left-wing ideology we have left-wingers demanding the government fund green-energy research.

Here Amazon is running green energy research.

And now here you are crying that Amazon isn't paying taxes, because they got massive tax credits for green energy research.

Left-winger "How dare you oppose support for green research! You are anti-science!"

Big companies avoid taxes by engaging in green research.

Left-winger "How dare you avoid taxes by using our green research support!"​

You people are a joke. This by the way, is why I have always said the left-wing, far more than the right-wing, are all pawns of the rich and wealthy. You people dance to their tune constantly, and never realize you are merely puppets of the wealthy.

Reminds me of all you left-wingers dancing around for "Net Neutrality", with Reed Hastings the CEO of Netflix sitting in the back with a broad smile on his face, never realizing you were just setting yourself up to pay more for slower speeds, to benefit Hastings.

And honestly, what posts like this show me, is that you really don't care about the truth. Because anyone who actually cared about the truth, and actually has any functioning high level thinking, would immediately be skeptical of a claim that some major company paid no tax.

It's a ridiculous claim at face value, without any research into the claim. And beyond that, to claim a company paid no tax, is ridiculous even ignoring the corporate tax. A company is nothing, but a group of individual people. And each person is paying taxes, from the lowest guy emptying the trash cans at night, to the highest executive levels. Everyone is paying tax.

But even back to your ridiculous zero corporate income tax... it required a whooping... and I mean an entire 3 full minutes of my life, to punch in Amazon Investor Relations, open the annual report, and do a search for "Tax" and then find the relevant details.

Now since anyone can do this with publicly filed SEC report, including the idiot that wrote your dumb article you linked to, that suggests to me that this isn't a matter of even just intellectual laziness... but rather an ideologically driven willful ignorance. You don't want to know the truth. You want to believe that companies pay zero tax, because it fits with your fabricated narrative.

Well... glad to educate everyone else on the forum, that your narrative is crap.

That's some very misleading math. If you read the BLS jobs reports, you'll discover that wages have risen more in the last three years than they did in the preceding 12 years.

So the amount it goes up is irrelevant.
Corporate taxes still below 2017

I love this... Ok so let's look at what your link actually says:

The company’s newest corporate filing reveals that, far from paying the statutory 21 percent income tax rate on its U.S. income in 2018, Amazon reported a federal income tax rebate of $129 million. For those who don’t have a pocket calculator handy, that works out to a tax rate of negative 1 percent. The fine print of Amazon’s income tax disclosure shows that this achievement is partly due to various unspecified “tax credits” as well as a tax break for executive stock options.​

1. Note: "income tax rebate". Do you know what a rebate is? It means they paid too much in tax last year, so they are getting money back this year. If the amount that you paid too much of, exceeds how much you paid for this year, relative to how much you owe... then you get money back.

It does not mean they paid no tax. It means if they owed $100, and paid $200 last year, and they owed $100 and paid $50 this year... then doing a little math, you are going to get back $50... while still having paid tax.

How do I know this is the case?
Annual reports, proxies and shareholder letters | Amazon.com, Inc. - IR
SEC Investor Relations, Page 65.

View attachment 308886
That's $3.4 Billion... in supposedly never paid taxes according to the brainless fool who wrote that link.

2. Further I love how he says unspecified tax credits. That's funny given they are well documented if you look.
Page 22 of the same report.

Our federal tax credits are primarily related to the U.S. federal research and development credit. As we utilize our federal net operating losses and tax credits we expect cash paid for taxes to increase.​

So they even say the amount they pay in taxes will increase as they use up their tax credits. Implication they are paying cash for taxes already.

But their tax credits are for R&D. What R&D might that be?

Go behind the scenes as Amazon develops a new electric vehicle

Well what do you know.... green-energy research projects? Crazy.

So everywhere else in left-wing ideology we have left-wingers demanding the government fund green-energy research.

Here Amazon is running green energy research.

And now here you are crying that Amazon isn't paying taxes, because they got massive tax credits for green energy research.

Left-winger "How dare you oppose support for green research! You are anti-science!"

Big companies avoid taxes by engaging in green research.

Left-winger "How dare you avoid taxes by using our green research support!"​

You people are a joke. This by the way, is why I have always said the left-wing, far more than the right-wing, are all pawns of the rich and wealthy. You people dance to their tune constantly, and never realize you are merely puppets of the wealthy.

Reminds me of all you left-wingers dancing around for "Net Neutrality", with Reed Hastings the CEO of Netflix sitting in the back with a broad smile on his face, never realizing you were just setting yourself up to pay more for slower speeds, to benefit Hastings.

And honestly, what posts like this show me, is that you really don't care about the truth. Because anyone who actually cared about the truth, and actually has any functioning high level thinking, would immediately be skeptical of a claim that some major company paid no tax.

It's a ridiculous claim at face value, without any research into the claim. And beyond that, to claim a company paid no tax, is ridiculous even ignoring the corporate tax. A company is nothing, but a group of individual people. And each person is paying taxes, from the lowest guy emptying the trash cans at night, to the highest executive levels. Everyone is paying tax.

But even back to your ridiculous zero corporate income tax... it required a whooping... and I mean an entire 3 full minutes of my life, to punch in Amazon Investor Relations, open the annual report, and do a search for "Tax" and then find the relevant details.

Now since anyone can do this with publicly filed SEC report, including the idiot that wrote your dumb article you linked to, that suggests to me that this isn't a matter of even just intellectual laziness... but rather an ideologically driven willful ignorance. You don't want to know the truth. You want to believe that companies pay zero tax, because it fits with your fabricated narrative.

Well... glad to educate everyone else on the forum, that your narrative is crap.
When it comes to determined idiots, "truth" is, you take the cake. What a load!

Why not you?

You are Jewish first and American second?

Why not you?

You are Jewish first and American second?
I cant be both? LOL

We have separation of church and state in America. You’re an American and a Leftist for example.

Welcome to the bogus economy and TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome fueled by burgeoning debt and stoked by the First Loser.

You have to respect Donald Trump for being astute enough to recognize that the poorly-educated are a majority in US society and going after them.

Donald Trump is inflating the expectations of his howling mob by making promises he doesn't intend to keep and can't keep.

US debt has increased by $10,000 per worker during Trump's tenure while "53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year" and have traveled backward. If Trump's debt trajectory continues, the 53 million Americans will soon have a net negative value as the debt balloons to stratospheric values.

The Donald Trump trajectory portends a horrendous recession which will make Lebanon and Zimbabwe look like desirable economic models.

Good jobs are rising slower than the population which means more and more Americans are doomed to TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome.

Trump and his sycophantic associates still don't understand that the economy and job quality has not recovered from the Bush depression that caused many new graduates to lose the opportunity to establish a career in a chosen profession and many had to settle for low-quality low pay jobs. Many of these unfortunate people have not recovered from this setback and won't under Trump's leadership.

Low-wage workers make up nearly half of the American workforce, and many of them are the sole breadwinners for their families.

Last November, the Brookings Institution released a study concluding that nearly half of working age Americans are employed in low-wage jobs. They found that 53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year.

The fact that 44% of the American workforce now finds itself in such a precarious economic situation might come as a surprise to those who imagine low-wage work to be the domain of teenagers, college students, the newly-hired, or those taking on side gigs for extra cash. Instead, these jobs are the main way that many people support their families, especially in smaller cities in the southern and western regions of the United States. 26% of low-wage earners are the sole breadwinners for their household, and another 25% live in households where all earners work in low-paying jobs.

Perhaps the most obvious solution to improving conditions for these workers is to provide education, retraining, and skill upgrades so that they qualify for better jobs. Indeed, 40% of low-wage workers between the ages of 25-64 have, at most, a high school diploma, while another 13% are young people without degrees who are not in school. That means, however, that nearly half of the workers in low-paying jobs already have higher levels of educational attainment.

Simply getting more education won’t cause jobs to magically appear, either. The Occupy movement was full of college-educated people who couldn’t find sufficient jobs to pay back crushing student debt. Perhaps it’s true that “they should have gotten STEM degrees,” (and not those pesky Women’s Studies or sociology majors) as those on the Libertarian/Conservative spectrum self-righteously preached in 2011, but remember how that sentiment morphed into right-wing trolls mocking laid-off “elite” journalists with the condescending mantra of “better learn to code, then” by 2019? (Besides, if everyone learned to code, it would become just another low-wage job.)

You know Denizen, even your people on the Left say that attacking the economy is a loser since it is so good.

Obviously, you didn't get the memo, but after seeing you have pages upon pages of responses, I guess my side didn't get the memo either.

Arguing over something that is a LOSER for the person arguing over it, is just a waste of time, but go ahead, I see ya suckerd many in, lol.

The economy is being boosted by burgeoning debt. The CBO has forecast that US government debt will be 180% of GDP by 2050.

Currently, debt is growing at > 2.5 x GDP growth.

I agree, that goes to people running our country into the ground
If they don't like what they're making, get another job

I work 2 jobs, make $20,000 a year,
support my mentally challenged son,
never gotten a dime child support and receive
NO GOVERNMENT BENEFITS

I don't have a car, no cell phone,
I use a free phone app on my tablet,
no credit card debt...no credit cards

I cut my own hair and can cook chix 100 ways,
I don't have cable, I have Netflix and Hulu
I buy my clothes at thrift stores and we are fine

No one owes me shit, I live WITHIN my means
I don't think someone else should give me
what I NEED so I can indulge in what I WANT

When I started working in '84 my father told me....
Lynn Therese, I don't care if you're flipping burgers
You be the best burger flipper they have
Don't get a check, EARN your check
The one thing no one can take from you is your character

That is how I have worked my entire life
I work as hard for $12 & $10 hr as I would $20 or $30

I walk into Target, the store is trashed,
not because they are understaffed
because everyone I see is standing around on their phones

I ask for no cheese on my filet o fish,
there's extra cheese...

They want to make $15

If you work like shit for a little,
you'll work like shit for more

I'm against $15 min wage
and think Congress makes too much

You have definitely earned and deserve your $15 an hour. Enjoy.

Always good to see a left-winger talking down at the people they claim to be in favor of.

Comrade Trump? A perfect example of misery loves company.

But neither of us is miserable. Regardless, it just shows the contempt you have for anyone that makes less money than, just like all Left-wing trash.

Us? You and your multiple personalities?

Here's a tip. Invest in your human capital and you might profit.

I've already doubled the value of my investments. In fact, last year I had a 33% increase in the value of my portfolio.

That's with the investments from my low income. :)

You have definitely earned and deserve your $15 an hour. Enjoy.

Always good to see a left-winger talking down at the people they claim to be in favor of.

Comrade Trump? A perfect example of misery loves company.

But neither of us is miserable. Regardless, it just shows the contempt you have for anyone that makes less money than, just like all Left-wing trash.

Us? You and your multiple personalities?

Here's a tip. Invest in your human capital and you might profit.

I've already doubled the value of my investments. In fact, last year I had a 33% increase in the value of my portfolio.

That's with the investments from my low income. :)

Does that mean your wealth no longer doubles when you fill your gas tank on credit?

Family Dollar will miss you.

Thanks denizen. This is more about liberal democrat progressives sucking the globalist wankerdooodles. Please,progressive liberal Democrats creating sanctuary cities (without our consent or approval) magically coincides with the homeless population...yeah thanks for NOTHING.

The economy is being boosted by burgeoning debt. The CBO has forecast that US government debt will be 180% of GDP by 2050.

Liar.

Forum List

Back