Thanks for nothing Donald Trump ... Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal

That's because he is not living. "he died at age 92". He certainly dressed like a pauper.

It appeared to be a pointless accumulation of wealth.

Do you think he retired at 92? I'm guessing he lived a pretty good life for the last 30 years.
What difference does his dress make? Are you left-wingers really that shallow? You do know that most millionaires live modestly, right? That's a statistical fact. Most own late model domestic cars. Most live in average houses.

And of course it's not pointless, because in his death, I wager he likely passed on his wealth to his family, which is good and honorable. Not including his charitable giving. Proverbs 13:22 "A good person leaves an inheritance for their children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous."

You do know that the largest joy in people's lives generally speaking, to be able to help others. First in family of course, but also to the community.

I myself, also give to charities on a routine basis. I've also volunteered at charities as well. And I have helped people in need directly, as the opportunity comes.

Now this isn't a rah-rah-rah, I'm so great routine. I'm just a regular person. My point is, you seem to be implying that the only purpose of accumulating wealth, is so you can wear some flashy clothes or some other shallow purpose.

Well that's ridiculous, and you are going to end up being a very sad human being.

Wrong on all counts. His friends and relatives were unaware he was wealthy which means he did not spread his wealth around to any evident extent.

It was a pointless accumulation of wealth and he couldn't take it with him.

Most people are unaware until they get old and retire. I never knew how much money my parents had, until they were in their 70s. And I can virtually guarantee that no one knows how much money I have saved up.

You seem to have this weird idea of wealth, like it only matters if you flaunt it like some Hollywood left-wing bimbo.

You mean like wearing expensive jeans with holes in them?

You just complained in a previous post this janitor that wisely saved up and invested his money... didn't 'look' like his was rich. Now you are trying to mock it? Doesn't that mean you are mocking yourself?

You ducked?

Do you think he retired at 92? I'm guessing he lived a pretty good life for the last 30 years.
What difference does his dress make? Are you left-wingers really that shallow? You do know that most millionaires live modestly, right? That's a statistical fact. Most own late model domestic cars. Most live in average houses.

And of course it's not pointless, because in his death, I wager he likely passed on his wealth to his family, which is good and honorable. Not including his charitable giving. Proverbs 13:22 "A good person leaves an inheritance for their children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous."

You do know that the largest joy in people's lives generally speaking, to be able to help others. First in family of course, but also to the community.

I myself, also give to charities on a routine basis. I've also volunteered at charities as well. And I have helped people in need directly, as the opportunity comes.

Now this isn't a rah-rah-rah, I'm so great routine. I'm just a regular person. My point is, you seem to be implying that the only purpose of accumulating wealth, is so you can wear some flashy clothes or some other shallow purpose.

Well that's ridiculous, and you are going to end up being a very sad human being.

Wrong on all counts. His friends and relatives were unaware he was wealthy which means he did not spread his wealth around to any evident extent.

It was a pointless accumulation of wealth and he couldn't take it with him.

Most people are unaware until they get old and retire. I never knew how much money my parents had, until they were in their 70s. And I can virtually guarantee that no one knows how much money I have saved up.

You seem to have this weird idea of wealth, like it only matters if you flaunt it like some Hollywood left-wing bimbo.

You mean like wearing expensive jeans with holes in them?

You just complained in a previous post this janitor that wisely saved up and invested his money... didn't 'look' like his was rich. Now you are trying to mock it? Doesn't that mean you are mocking yourself?

You ducked?

You just mocked yourself?

Welcome to the bogus economy and TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome fueled by burgeoning debt and stoked by the First Loser.

You have to respect Donald Trump for being astute enough to recognize that the poorly-educated are a majority in US society and going after them.

Donald Trump is inflating the expectations of his howling mob by making promises he doesn't intend to keep and can't keep.

US debt has increased by $10,000 per worker during Trump's tenure while "53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year" and have traveled backward. If Trump's debt trajectory continues, the 53 million Americans will soon have a net negative value as the debt balloons to stratospheric values.

The Donald Trump trajectory portends a horrendous recession which will make Lebanon and Zimbabwe look like desirable economic models.

Good jobs are rising slower than the population which means more and more Americans are doomed to TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome.

Trump and his sycophantic associates still don't understand that the economy and job quality has not recovered from the Bush depression that caused many new graduates to lose the opportunity to establish a career in a chosen profession and many had to settle for low-quality low pay jobs. Many of these unfortunate people have not recovered from this setback and won't under Trump's leadership.

Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal - Legal Reader

Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal
DAWN ALLEN — January 27, 2020

Low-wage workers make up nearly half of the American workforce, and many of them are the sole breadwinners for their families.

Last November, the Brookings Institution released a study concluding that nearly half of working age Americans are employed in low-wage jobs. They found that 53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year.

The fact that 44% of the American workforce now finds itself in such a precarious economic situation might come as a surprise to those who imagine low-wage work to be the domain of teenagers, college students, the newly-hired, or those taking on side gigs for extra cash. Instead, these jobs are the main way that many people support their families, especially in smaller cities in the southern and western regions of the United States. 26% of low-wage earners are the sole breadwinners for their household, and another 25% live in households where all earners work in low-paying jobs.

Perhaps the most obvious solution to improving conditions for these workers is to provide education, retraining, and skill upgrades so that they qualify for better jobs. Indeed, 40% of low-wage workers between the ages of 25-64 have, at most, a high school diploma, while another 13% are young people without degrees who are not in school. That means, however, that nearly half of the workers in low-paying jobs already have higher levels of educational attainment.

Simply getting more education won’t cause jobs to magically appear, either. The Occupy movement was full of college-educated people who couldn’t find sufficient jobs to pay back crushing student debt. Perhaps it’s true that “they should have gotten STEM degrees,” (and not those pesky Women’s Studies or sociology majors) as those on the Libertarian/Conservative spectrum self-righteously preached in 2011, but remember how that sentiment morphed into right-wing trolls mocking laid-off “elite” journalists with the condescending mantra of “better learn to code, then” by 2019? (Besides, if everyone learned to code, it would become just another low-wage job.)

the people i know are doing a lot better than they were 3 yrs ago ! the fact is that someone who is able and willing to work is doing better . as far as individual debt ......you're probably talking credit cards ..in most cases thats do to buying a lot of things you dont need and a lack of something you and your fellow comrades hate! its called personal responsibility .

If Americans stopped buying the things they don't need the economy would collapse.

oh you may be right ...and then again you may be wrong ... what if instead of blowing their money they saved to put a down payment on a house that was within their means instead of paying rent ... and just what is your solution for this so called terrible economy ?

If everybody saved and didn't buy consumer goods the economy would collapse.

It is too late to correct the economy now with the coronavirus outbreak having adverse effects.

Trump should not have engaged in the trade war while also taking other economic actions.

In regards to housing, this is a growing problem and the solution is a government policy to foster the provision of appropriate housing. Americans will also have to be taught to downgrade their expectations with regard to house and apartment size and accept smaller residences until their economic situation improves and they can afford to upgrade to what they want.

And if everyone borrowed until they went bankrupt, the economy would collapse. Did you learn nothing from 2009?

It is too late to correct the economy now with the coronavirus outbreak having adverse effects.

Yeah, we're all doomed, so there is no point in you running an election against Trump, because according to your own words, it's too late to correct the economy.

Might as well curl your left-wing butt into a ball, and die. Save us all, your endless drama fest.

Trump should not have engaged in the trade war while also taking other economic actions.

Trump should not have engaged in a trade war.

In regards to housing, this is a growing problem and the solution is a government policy to foster the provision of appropriate housing.

With all due respect, it was exactly government engaging in policies to foster provisioning of housing, that resulted in the 2009 crash.

Welcome to the bogus economy and TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome fueled by burgeoning debt and stoked by the First Loser.

You have to respect Donald Trump for being astute enough to recognize that the poorly-educated are a majority in US society and going after them.

Donald Trump is inflating the expectations of his howling mob by making promises he doesn't intend to keep and can't keep.

US debt has increased by $10,000 per worker during Trump's tenure while "53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year" and have traveled backward. If Trump's debt trajectory continues, the 53 million Americans will soon have a net negative value as the debt balloons to stratospheric values.

The Donald Trump trajectory portends a horrendous recession which will make Lebanon and Zimbabwe look like desirable economic models.

Good jobs are rising slower than the population which means more and more Americans are doomed to TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome.

Trump and his sycophantic associates still don't understand that the economy and job quality has not recovered from the Bush depression that caused many new graduates to lose the opportunity to establish a career in a chosen profession and many had to settle for low-quality low pay jobs. Many of these unfortunate people have not recovered from this setback and won't under Trump's leadership.

the people i know are doing a lot better than they were 3 yrs ago ! the fact is that someone who is able and willing to work is doing better . as far as individual debt ......you're probably talking credit cards ..in most cases thats do to buying a lot of things you dont need and a lack of something you and your fellow comrades hate! its called personal responsibility .

If Americans stopped buying the things they don't need the economy would collapse.

oh you may be right ...and then again you may be wrong ... what if instead of blowing their money they saved to put a down payment on a house that was within their means instead of paying rent ... and just what is your solution for this so called terrible economy ?

In regards to housing, this is a growing problem and the solution is a government policy to foster the provision of appropriate housing. Americans will also have to be taught to downgrade their expectations with regard to house and apartment size and accept smaller residences until their economic situation improves and they can afford to upgrade to what they want.

And if everyone borrowed until they went bankrupt, the economy would collapse. Did you learn nothing from 2009?

Yeah, we're all doomed, so there is no point in you running an election against Trump, because according to your own words, it's too late to correct the economy.

Might as well curl your left-wing butt into a ball, and die. Save us all, your endless drama fest.

Trump should not have engaged in a trade war.

In regards to housing, this is a growing problem and the solution is a government policy to foster the provision of appropriate housing.

With all due respect, it was exactly government engaging in policies to foster provisioning of housing, that resulted in the 2009 crash.

And Barney Frank agrees with you statement..."exactly government engaging in policies to foster provisioning of housing,"

"When warned about Fannie Mae in (House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA) criticized the President [Bush] warning saying: "these two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac --are not facing any kind of financial crisis....
The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
(New York Times, 9/11/03)

But NOW what does Barney say???
Barney Frank Comes Home to the Facts By Larry Kudlow August 21, 2010

For years, Frank was a staunch supporter of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the giant government housing agencies that played such an enormous role in the financial meltdown that thrust the economy into the Great Recession.
But in a recent CNBC interview, Frank told me that he was ready to say goodbye to Fannie and Freddie.
"I hope by next year we'll have abolished Fannie and Freddie," he said.
Remarkable. And he went on to say that "it was a great mistake to push lower-income people into housing they couldn't afford and couldn't really handle once they had it."
He then added, "I had been too sanguine about Fannie and Freddie."
h
ttp://www.debatepolitics.com/general-political-discussion/79684-barney-frank-admits-truth-fannie.html

Low-Wage Jobs are the New American Normal
DAWN ALLEN — January 27, 2020

Low-wage workers make up nearly half of the American workforce, and many of them are the sole breadwinners for their families.

Last November, the Brookings Institution released a study concluding that nearly half of working age Americans are employed in low-wage jobs. They found that 53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year.

The fact that 44% of the American workforce now finds itself in such a precarious economic situation might come as a surprise to those who imagine low-wage work to be the domain of teenagers, college students, the newly-hired, or those taking on side gigs for extra cash. Instead, these jobs are the main way that many people support their families, especially in smaller cities in the southern and western regions of the United States. 26% of low-wage earners are the sole breadwinners for their household, and another 25% live in households where all earners work in low-paying jobs.

Perhaps the most obvious solution to improving conditions for these workers is to provide education, retraining, and skill upgrades so that they qualify for better jobs. Indeed, 40% of low-wage workers between the ages of 25-64 have, at most, a high school diploma, while another 13% are young people without degrees who are not in school. That means, however, that nearly half of the workers in low-paying jobs already have higher levels of educational attainment.

Simply getting more education won’t cause jobs to magically appear, either. The Occupy movement was full of college-educated people who couldn’t find sufficient jobs to pay back crushing student debt. Perhaps it’s true that “they should have gotten STEM degrees,” (and not those pesky Women’s Studies or sociology majors) as those on the Libertarian/Conservative spectrum self-righteously preached in 2011, but remember how that sentiment morphed into right-wing trolls mocking laid-off “elite” journalists with the condescending mantra of “better learn to code, then” by 2019? (Besides, if everyone learned to code, it would become just another low-wage job.)

Once again... TAKING statements out of CONTEXT!!!
You wrote: "They found that 53 million Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 earned a median wage of $10.22 per hour, or $18,000 per year."
And that is true...
44% of Americans age 18 to 64 are low-wage workers, according to a Brookings Institution report (copy)
BUT dummy! What about the other 56% dummy?
Ewww,
Sidious Error!

29k98j.jpg

NRxGG2C.jpg

MIDGET MIKE FEELS LEFT OUT!

The really rancid ones are those with red hats. They are compelled to wear red hats to warn decent people of their presence.
No. The really rancid ones are the posts you put up....shows just how depraved and unAmerican scum in this country is!

Trumpers? Red hat morons?

Party of INFANTICIDE killers without hats!

Infanticide appears to have aroused you.

NRxGG2C.jpg

MIDGET MIKE FEELS LEFT OUT!

The really rancid ones are those with red hats. They are compelled to wear red hats to warn decent people of their presence.
No. The really rancid ones are the posts you put up....shows just how depraved and unAmerican scum in this country is!

Trumpers? Red hat morons?

Party of INFANTICIDE killers without hats!

Infanticide appears to have aroused you.
Your LUNCH is waiting......

Trump is flushing the USA economy down the S-bend with budget deficit > 2.5 x GDP growth and growing.

The huge mountain of debt Trump is creating is masking misery and hiding the TSLS, Trump Shit Life Syndrome from its sufferers which is the whole gamut of Trump's howling mob.
WAS...with Joe in office for a little over 2 1/2 years now, we can clearly see...had it not been for Joe taking the reigns, Trump would have flushed our economy right down the shitter because of the ginormous amount of debt he was creating via debt spending

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi: LET'S GO BRANDON‼️

WAS...with Joe in office for a little over 2 1/2 years now, we can clearly see...had it not been for Joe taking the reigns, Trump would have flushed our economy right down the shitter because of the ginormous amount of debt he was creating via debt spending

B-b-b-but The Plan! The Plan!

The harsh reality: Most Americans now living paycheck to paycheck as Biden's economy crashes and burns
The Biden economy is a total disaster, with nearly two-thirds of Americans now barely scraping by, living paycheck to paycheck with no buffer whatsoever.

In today's Brighteon Broadcast News, we cover Biden's imploding economy, plus Maria Zeee joins me in the Texas studio for an outrageous, uncensored talk on tyrants, guns and depopulation.

Don't miss this hard-hitting (and sometimes hilarious) interview with Maria Zeee. See the full interview and broadcast here: https://www.brighteon.com/channels/hrreport

/——-/ What a load of delusional horseshyt.

Explain this:
How much offshore capital was taxed under Trump:

U.S. Companies' Repatriated Cash Hits $1 Trillion Under Tax Law​

As a result below is the forecasted additional tax revenue that would NOT have been if this $1 trillion was NOT repatriated!
TrumpTaxcutsbenefitsCBO.png

Forum List

Back