Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

By, by, Rick. BTW, Sarah wants to talk to you. Something about a job for you after your governership gig, working for her on her new "News" channel.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A grand jury indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Friday for abusing the powers of his office by carrying out a threat to veto funding for state prosecutors investigating public corruption — making the possible 2016 presidential hopeful his state's first indicted governor in nearly a century.

A special prosecutor spent months calling witnesses and presenting evidence that Perry broke the law when he promised publicly to nix $7.5 million over two years for the public integrity unit, which is run by Travis County District Rosemary Lehmberg's office. Several top aides to the Republican governor appeared before grand jurors in Austin, including his deputy chief of staff, legislative director and general counsel. Perry himself wasn't called to testify.

He was indicted by an Austin grand jury on felony counts of abuse of official capacity and coercion of a public servant. Maximum punishment on the first charge is five to 99 years in prison. The second is two to 10 years.

More: Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

Doesn't sound good for Ricky's presidential ambitions. How many years will Ricky spend in prison? Will he have "romantic" relationships? Will he join a gang?

Must admit I find the timing very curious. At the same moment he's spending unreimbursed state monies to put troops on his state's borders over illegal immigration he then gets tagged for abuse of power relating to something else?

Haven't read the complaint, and I don't know the facts, but while I don't like him as a politician, I have to honestly say it reaks of political retribution.

The prosecutor was convicted of DWI and refused to resign.

How can a prosecutor represent the interests of the people when she herself is a criminal?

Austin is chocked full of moonbats and a misdemeanor indictment on this charge, given the facts, only ENHANCES Perry's standing.

Please, keep trumpeting this as loudly as possible.

Wasn't GW Bush arrested for drunk driving....

Did you vote for him for President?

Tell us what government offices they each held when they were busted.

The question I was asked is this:

"How can a prosecutor represent the interests of the people when she herself is a criminal?"

How can the president enforce the laws when he himself is a criminal?

Whether or not he was in office at the time or AWOL from the national guard dodging the draft is beside the point; Bush (according to the standard) was a criminal and should have been disqualified from being President.

Cheney had a DWI rap too by the way.

The scandal!!!

Wasn't GW Bush arrested for drunk driving....

Did you vote for him for President?

Tell us what government offices they each held when they were busted.

The question I was asked is this:

"How can a prosecutor represent the interests of the people when she herself is a criminal?"

How can the president enforce the laws when he himself is a criminal?

Whether or not he was in office at the time or AWOL from the national guard dodging the draft is beside the point; Bush (according to the standard) was a criminal and should have been disqualified from being President.

Cheney had a DWI rap too by the way.

The scandal!!!

When I heard this yesterday, the prosecutor's DWI thing I thought (having lived in Texas about a year,) is there anyone in office in Texas without a DWI charge? :)

Every Governor of that State has the legal right to not fund any of the State run programs.
I have never liked Perry and I would never vote for him, but this is a political witch hunt.
There's no witch hunt here. He's done anyway, but he broke the law.

You are a shameless fucking liar.

Go piss up a rope, perv.
There's no lie here little friend. Perry played a dangerous game, which is illegal. The Grand Jury say it my way, not yours or his...

Texas really is a shitty state.

It's hot and windy. The good news is you can see the Tornado coming from a long distance.

I seriously doubt you've ever been there.

I lived there for 12 years and it's a shit hole. Armpit of America. Love guns, hate Blacks, Hispanics and women. Takes more in federal dollars than they return but they still vote Republican.

No, that's a lie!

Were you BORN stupid or is it a side affect of your drug habit?

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A grand jury indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Friday for abusing the powers of his office by carrying out a threat to veto funding for state prosecutors investigating public corruption — making the possible 2016 presidential hopeful his state's first indicted governor in nearly a century.

A special prosecutor spent months calling witnesses and presenting evidence that Perry broke the law when he promised publicly to nix $7.5 million over two years for the public integrity unit, which is run by Travis County District Rosemary Lehmberg's office. Several top aides to the Republican governor appeared before grand jurors in Austin, including his deputy chief of staff, legislative director and general counsel. Perry himself wasn't called to testify.

He was indicted by an Austin grand jury on felony counts of abuse of official capacity and coercion of a public servant. Maximum punishment on the first charge is five to 99 years in prison. The second is two to 10 years.

More: Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

Doesn't sound good for Ricky's presidential ambitions. How many years will Ricky spend in prison? Will he have "romantic" relationships? Will he join a gang?

This is simply just another example of your typical "phony scandal" distraction, I'm sure.

The indictment was brought against Perry by a drunken, bumbling witch with a Partisan chip on her shoulder. An indictment isn't a conviction. Perry is within his rights to veto bills if he feels that they might be detrimental to the State in which he serves.

There should definitely be some new abuse of power charges.

The indictment was brought against Perry by a drunken, bumbling witch with a Partisan chip on her shoulder. An indictment isn't a conviction. Perry is within his rights to veto bills if he feels that they might be detrimental to the State in which he serves.

There should definitely be some new abuse of power charges.

RICK PERRY KILLS IT! Thrashes TX Democrats & Junk Indictment

[ame=http://youtu.be/oJHdUEv0Mnk]RICK PERRY KILLS IT! Thrashes TX Democrats & Junk Indictment - YouTube[/ame]

In Austin Texas, the only liberal county and city in Texas, you can indict a Republican just for farting. This is a bogus charge and any judge will throw it out.

Boy, they want something so bad on Perry they will take this drunks side over his

she probably could run over someone and killed them and still take her side

damn sad people

Last edited:
Perry really is a comical idiot.

He also acted well within his authority to veto what ever he wants. The fact that the legislature didn't override the veto says allot. Like the old saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich, a conviction on the other hand is a different story. What will happen next is the Attorney General will go to a higher court and have the indictment squashed on State Constitutional grounds, that the Governor was acting well within his authority.

Doesn't matter. The democrats get what they really want. That is they can always refer to governor perry as having been indicted.

Last edited:
Never abuse a drunken dyke in Austin. They are a protected species. Especially the fat, ugly ones.

Worked in Austin for about a year. There are no fat ugly dykes, only hot slender ones. :)

I worked in Austin forty years ago as a photographer. Some of the most beautiful women I have seen were in Austin. The Secretary of the Secretary of State was so beautiful I could hardly say anything to her.

Forum List

Back