Nevada GOP ‘fake electors’ indicted for falsely claiming Trump won state’s 2020 election

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
A Nevada grand jury has indicted the six Republicans — including the chair of the Nevada Republican Party — who falsely pledged Nevada’s electoral votes to Donald Trump following the 2020 election despite President Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

In a press release, the attorney general’s office said all six individuals had been indicted on two felony charges — offering a false instrument for filing and uttering a forged instrument by submitting fraudulent documents to state and federal officials. The charges carry penalties of category C and D felonies, respectively, with punishments up to a maximum of four and five years in prison and a minimum of one year in prison. A grand jury in the Eighth Judicial District Court in Clark County indicted the six Republicans.

“When the efforts to undermine faith in our democracy began after the 2020 election, I made it clear that I would do everything in my power to defend the institutions of our nation and our state,” Ford said in a statement. “We cannot allow attacks on democracy to go unchallenged. Today’s indictments are the product of a long and thorough investigation, and as we pursue this prosecution, I am confident that our judicial system will see justice done.”

Good. About time, we start locking these guys up. You do the crime, you do the time.

A Nevada grand jury has indicted the six Republicans — including the chair of the Nevada Republican Party — who falsely pledged Nevada’s electoral votes to Donald Trump following the 2020 election despite President Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

In a press release, the attorney general’s office said all six individuals had been indicted on two felony charges — offering a false instrument for filing and uttering a forged instrument by submitting fraudulent documents to state and federal officials. The charges carry penalties of category C and D felonies, respectively, with punishments up to a maximum of four and five years in prison and a minimum of one year in prison. A grand jury in the Eighth Judicial District Court in Clark County indicted the six Republicans.

“When the efforts to undermine faith in our democracy began after the 2020 election, I made it clear that I would do everything in my power to defend the institutions of our nation and our state,” Ford said in a statement. “We cannot allow attacks on democracy to go unchallenged. Today’s indictments are the product of a long and thorough investigation, and as we pursue this prosecution, I am confident that our judicial system will see justice done.”

Good. About time, we start locking these guys up. You do the crime, you do the time.
There will likely be more of this soon.

Another victory for democracy.

That is NOT at all how elections actually are done.
There are no "documents".
The state legislature invites the group of electors they know won the election, to a state legislature session, where they verbally have their vote recorded and certified by the state legislature, governor, and Sec. of State.
This is all done in person, face to face, and everyone already knows what the results are supposed to be from the media.
The only possible variation is that electors can be "unfaithful" and instead of voting for who they are pledges to vote for, they can switch. But in many states that is penalized.

And the electors to not go to DC or send any documents to DC.
The transfer of the vote by the electors to Congress, is done by the state senators.

In a Banana Republic if you say that the Leftest in power stole an election you will be sent to prison or killed.

That is NOT at all how elections actually are done.
There are no "documents".
The state legislature invites the group of electors they know won the election, to a state legislature session, where they verbally have their vote recorded and certified by the state legislature, governor, and Sec. of State.
This is all done in person, face to face, and everyone already knows what the results are supposed to be from the media.
The only possible variation is that electors can be "unfaithful" and instead of voting for who they are pledges to vote for, they can switch. But in many states that is penalized.

And the electors to not go to DC or send any documents to DC.
The transfer of the vote by the electors to Congress, is done by the state senators.
Sure, twinkle toes. Go ahead and tell that to the Nevada court. I am sure they will reverse their decision. :itsok:

Forum List

Back