Term Limits - A Bad Idea Who's Time Will Never Come

Macadoodle

Rookie
Apr 6, 2020
Many of the people who yell the loudest for TERM LIMITS can’t name either person who represents their state in the U.S. senate. And therein lies the irony of ignorance. Candidates pay consultants to learn what their constituents-to-be, know. Jack Germond, the late Washington post columnist, wrote, “Unsurprisingly, the poll-takers don’t talk a lot in public about the ignorance of the electorate on political and public policy matters.” If you want better government, then hold up your end of the democracy bargain and get informed. See Macadoodle’s discussion on, Term Limits – A Bad Idea Whose Time Will Never Come

Many of the people who yell the loudest for TERM LIMITS can’t name either person who represents their state in the U.S. senate. And therein lies the irony of ignorance. Candidates pay consultants to learn what their constituents-to-be, know. Jack Germond, the late Washington post columnist, wrote, “Unsurprisingly, the poll-takers don’t talk a lot in public about the ignorance of the electorate on political and public policy matters.” If you want better government, then hold up your end of the democracy bargain and get informed. See Macadoodle’s discussion on, Term Limits – A Bad Idea Whose Time Will Never Come
Where, pray tell, is one to get informed from? The media? lol

Are you here to promote your site? If so have you cleared it with this site's owners?

Wanna try me?

We already have term limits.

2 years in the house
6 years in the Senate.
]
But now we have to limit the number of terms they can have.
Then there is the matter with the Supreme Court Lifetime appointments Very bad idea

2 years in the house
6 years in the Senate.
The problem isn't the length of term the problem is reflecting the same assholes over and over again. What we really need is an end to reelection and professional politicians who make careers of living off of the taxpayer tit. End re election and at least half the problems we have with our political system today will end with it. Let's say they must sit out the same term completely seperate from government and playing the role of john Q citizen before they are allowed to run for or hold any other elected office in the land. It's high time we gave the notion of government of by and for the people an actual try.

2 years in the house
6 years in the Senate.
The problem isn't the length of term the problem is reflecting the same assholes over and over again. What we really need is an end to reelection and professional politicians who make careers of living off of the taxpayer tit. End re election and at least half the problems we have with our political system today will end with it. Let's say they must sit out the same term completely seperate from government and playing the role of john Q citizen before they are allowed to run for or hold any other elected office in the land. It's high time we gave the notion of government of by and for the people an actual try.
As a voter, I have a right to vote for the person I think will do the best job.

If I think an experienced congressman will do the best job, I will vote for him. If I don’t, I will vote for someone else.

2 years in the house
6 years in the Senate.

If I think an experienced congressman will do the best job, I will vote for him. If I don’t, I will vote for someone else.

But....but..., :desk:, aren't you the epitome of a low information voter?

2 years in the house
6 years in the Senate.
Filthy liar.
Another moron incapable of reading the Constitution
Really liar? Then why do we have scum like Biden who has been in elected office for 40 years?
He had to start over each time

Your 6 year term ends, you have to start again and again and again
Always games with you vermin.

2 years in the house
6 years in the Senate.

Ok so why does the same theory not apply to the President?

2 years in the house
6 years in the Senate.

But....but..., :desk:, aren't you the epitome of a low information voter?
I’m smart, I have a Yuge Brain.

Forum List

Back