Stop telling us to buy electric!

I don't need to try and ain't. Your smart is where my stupid leaves off.

VAPORS, actually. But I guess for an illiterate dolt like you, fumes is close enough. Lord knows you must have inhaled more than your share.
Actually ‘vapors‘ is more correct. But at least I made an attempt to identify with your lack of mechanical knowledge and put it in terms you could relate to. So, the next time you shit your pants. Don’t light up THEN.

Idiot, now you are AGREEING with what I TOLD YOU. Asshole.
After I had to educate you about “vapor”. Go for it. . Geesus, you still think “electricity is massive.” Who in their right mind can wrap their head around that except another orange dufus.

Which sentence is grammatically correct: "better than before" or "better then before"?

ScreenShot_20230131105856.png

You need glasses, then, as well as a course in remedial English.
Quora….
Your source for everything ? You have my sympathy. Hilarious. Next time use Twitter or Facebook. Maybe you have an old school friend. Nope .

Not just sitting in the driveway.
“According to findings pointed out by AutoInsuranceEZ, vehicles that operate using gasoline are tenfold more likely to catch fire compared to EVs.”

So, show some evidence that says EVs catch fire more often then gasoline powered cars.

There are no decent used cars you can depend upon for “a few thousand dollars”.

Not to argue with you Dagosa, but if you are fairly lucky and are willing to do some legwork to find one, you CAN find a decent used car that's fairly dependable for a few thousand dollars.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I got a 2008 Honda Civic EX-L that was in FANTASTIC shape. Paint was still good (I actually think it may have been garage kept because the clear coat was still in really good shape), only had 1 small dent above the drivers door (and when I get the time and tool, I'll probably pull it out, but it's not really noticeable unless you look for it), leather heated seats were in excellent condition, no scratches or holes, has a moonroof that doesn't leak, no check engine lights and everything (even the heated side view mirrors) works very well. Only thing I've had to do to it over the past 9 months was to change the spark plugs, oil, transmission fluid and replace the AC unit and filters for the cabin and engine. Plugs and fluid changes were for my own peace of mind, but the AC started to go bad, so I replaced it (and for only around 600 bucks for the whole system). Currently in the process of replacing all halogen bulbs with LEDs (they're brighter and safer and help me see deer a long ways down the road), but other than that, there is nothing I need to do to the car other than little things like Retired Navy decals, and I got it for only around 4,000. What was even cooler, is that 2 weeks after I got it, someone rear ended a person behind me, and their car rear ended mine, and I ended up with 1500 dollars from the insurance settlement, and you can't even tell my car was hit, so in reality, I only paid around 2500 for the thing. And, it's been dependable so far over the 13,000 miles that I've driven it (but, it's a Honda, so that's kinda expected, especially since it's in great shape.) Best part? The thing gets between 29 mpg (city) and 35 mpg (highway) STILL.

If you're lucky, yeah, you can find a really good car for a fairly cheap price. (Just had to brag, because everyone I tell about it says that I musta stole the darn thing).

Last edited:
Pour some gas on the driveway and try to light it, moron. It is hard to get gas to ignite unless the conditions are just right which is why cars have complicate carbs and injectors.

Idiot.

Gas is actually fairly easy to light. Yes, it's the vapors (or fumes, depending on what you want to call them) that light, but they light very quickly. And yes, you CAN pour gas on your driveway and light it. Matter of fact, there are many YouTube videos of idiots who didn't know that much about gas and the way it ignites who have done some pretty stupid stuff and almost turned themselves into barbeque.

And, because of it's readiness to ignite is why it's dumb as hell to pour gasoline on a bunch of brush to burn it off. You can end up with flames that spread out very fast at a minimum, a possible explosion at the worst. And that is the reason that smart people use diesel (which is harder to light, i.e. easier to control) for such tasks.

YOU are the one who sounds like a moron.

Not to argue with you Dagosa, but if you are fairly lucky and are willing to do some legwork to find one, you CAN find a decent used car that's fairly dependable for a few thousand dollars.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I got a 2008 Honda Civic EX-L that was in FANTASTIC shape. Paint was still good (I actually think it may have been garage kept because the clear coat was still in really good shape), only had 1 small dent above the drivers door (and when I get the time and tool, I'll probably pull it out, but it's not really noticeable unless you look for it), leather heated seats were in excellent condition, no scratches or holes, has a moonroof that doesn't leak, no check engine lights and everything (even the heated side view mirrors) works very well. Only thing I've had to do to it over the past 9 months was to change the spark plugs, oil, transmission fluid and replace the AC unit and filters for the cabin and engine. Plugs and fluid changes were for my own peace of mind, but the AC started to go bad, so I replaced it (and for only around 600 bucks for the whole system). Currently in the process of replacing all halogen bulbs with LEDs (they're brighter and safer and help me see deer a long ways down the road), but other than that, there is nothing I need to do to the car other than little things like Retired Navy decals, and I got it for only around 4,000. What was even cooler, is that 2 weeks after I got it, someone rear ended a person behind me, and their car rear ended mine, and I ended up with 1500 dollars from the insurance settlement, and you can't even tell my car was hit, so in reality, I only paid around 2500 for the thing. And, it's been dependable so far over the 13,000 miles that I've driven it (but, it's a Honda, so that's kinda expected, especially since it's in great shape.) Best part? The thing gets between 29 mpg (city) and 35 mpg (highway) STILL.

If you're lucky, yeah, you can find a really good car for a fairly cheap price. (Just had to brag, because everyone I tell about it says that I musta stole the darn thing).
Can’t argue with that what so ever. I guess it’s what you consider, a few thousand dollars. I agree for me in by gone days, we went through a plethora of corollas and accords that even after 100k we’d give them to our kids who would have years of good life left in them. So yes, if you’re careful with Hondas, Toyotas and Subarus, they’re fine. Of late though, the prices are staggering and unless I knew the owner, I’m not there.

In decades of ownership, we’ve only bought three new cars. The rest have been used. So yes, there are a bunch out there, but it’s a struggle for me.because I expect ten more years of ownership, and pay top dollar for that privilege.

So I think we may look at expectations differently. We live where the winters are very harsh, salt is king and the roads are brutal. So there is little to choose from for a few thousand. That you can expect a very long life from.

Pour some gas on the driveway and try to light it, moron. It is hard to get gas to ignite unless the conditions are just right which is why cars have complicate carbs and injectors.

Idiot.
You‘re insane. Everyone knows gasoline is extremely flammable because of its vapor/fumes. Btw, be careful with your grammar. The orange man will correct you, or at least try.
Funny, you just spent two long posts agreeing with me telling me stuff I've long known! Then making false assumptions to disagree with so you really just called YOURSELF a moron. :laughing0301:
Not really. You had to be educated first on how gasoline ignites. Just because I used the word “ fumes” IN QUOTES as that’s a more common usage though not technically correct, doesn’t give you an out for being perpetually, absolutely wrong.
Shut up you demented juvenile moron. You think you're funny, but you're just a pathetic moron troll.
Really ? You mean posting outright bullshit on your part is better reading ? Nope.

Last edited:
No, just one that turned up. I see you’re trying to divert from the fact that you’re wrong regarding “then before”. You suck at this, moron.
You are getting very upset. Try to relax. It’s just a forum. YOU can be wrong and most people really don’t care.

Forum List

Back