Stop telling us to buy electric!

Technology drives the market ONLY IF ITS BETTER THEN BEFORE IT.

"Better" can be many things.
  • The tube was abandoned for the transistor because it was "better"--- meaning smaller, lighter and cheaper to operate, but for audio, sounds much worse.
  • The LP was abandoned for the CD because the CD was "better"--- never wore out and was cheaper to make. But they don't sound nearly as good and after years, brought back the LP.

I actually know of someone who had their ICE car catch on fire and was totaled. Seems there was a leak to where the fuel injectors hooked into the engine, and either a short or the engine getting too hot ignited it and totaled the car.

Interestingly enough, overfilling a power steering system on an ICE vehicle can cause it to catch on fire as well (although rarely). Seems that the power steering fluid will expand as it heats and leak onto the engine, and if the engine is hot enough, it will catch on fire. Learned that one reading the owner's manual and researching it on the 'net when I got my new to me (used) car and was checking out all the operating systems so I could do my own maintenance.
Exactly. There is a reason cars today are called internal COMBUSTION. They are looking for a reason to ignite rapidly. While, an over heating battery shuts the EV down and a loud voice comes on and says,”get the fk out of here.” You don’t have kind of time when the fumes of a gas fire ignites

Gee, you should be the EXPERT on delusional dullards! Aren't you the president of the chapter?
You’re just freak‘n jealous. A least I have the willingness to alter my insults, though I am partial to doofus/dufus when sniping conservative dullards.

Exactly. There is a reason cars today are called internal COMBUSTION. They are looking for a reason to ignite rapidly. THERE IS A LOT IN ALL CARS THAT CAN CATCH ON FIRE. THE DIFFERENCE IS, an over heating battery shuts the EV down and a loud voice comes on and says,”get the fk out of here.” You don’t have kind of time when the fumes of a gas fire ignites

Pour some gas on the driveway and try to light it, moron. It is hard to get gas to ignite unless the conditions are just right which is why cars have complicate carbs and injectors.

Idiot.

"Better" can be many things.
  • The tube was abandoned for the transistor because it was "better"--- meaning smaller, lighter and cheaper to operate, but for audio, sounds much worse.
Agreed, except for my Pigdog fuzz pedals, which sound amazing with old germanium transistors.

@O
Spell check doesn't know the difference between "then" and "than". Educated people do, though.
Well, you just blew it foolish. “Then” is used when TIME is related in a statement . Saying “then before” is perfectly appropriate. Now apologized and slide on out like the bullshitter you are. You aren’t that educated !

Agreed, except for my Pigdog fuzz pedals, which sound amazing with old germanium transistors.

Glad to hear someone understands that, a friend and I developed our own circuits for audio in the 1970s and 80s. He got me into the pro sound industry and I met many famous musicians, finally doing some custom work on a RAT for a famous guitarist.

Liker your fuzz pedals, they often use diodes and transistors driven into the non-linear region (clipping) to create a deliberate sound (distortion). In my case, I made this guy's RAT box with continuously variable diode types (selectable) with different clipping and slewing characteristics to create a special sound.

Pour some gas on the driveway and try to light it, moron. It is hard to get gas to ignite unless the conditions are just right which is why cars have complicate carbs and injectors.

Idiot.
Another illiterate attempt to sound smart, and fail. You can’t read nor can the dufus who agrees with you. It’s the “fumes” that ignites. Read the statement again. This time, do it with your eyes open.

Another illiterate attempt to sound smart, and fail.
I don't need to try and ain't. Your smart is where my stupid leaves off.

You can’t read nor can the dufus who agrees with you. It’s the “fumes” that ignites.
VAPORS, actually. But I guess for an illiterate dolt like you, fumes is close enough. Lord knows you must have inhaled more than your share.

@O

Well, you just blew it foolish. “Then” is used when TIME is related in a statement . Saying “then before” is perfectly appropriate. Now apologized and slide on out like the bullshitter you are. You aren’t that educated !
Incorrect.
Don't double down on stupidity, kid.
Saying "then before" is redundant.
Saying "than before" is comparative.

Idiot.
You need help…..the vapor ignites. I know you’re struggling with the words, but “ just the right conditions “ is a real stretch.

Forum List

Back