Stop telling us to buy electric!

TECHNOLOGY dictates that we operate this electric stuff with electricity not "market forces," and there is a big difference between a washing machine spinning a drum and moving a 9000 pound EV car up a hill accelerating with batteries. And Diesel locomotioves have a BIG DIESEL GENERATOR to create the electricity to power its drive wheels!
So you now admit that technology drives the use of electricity, not market forces.

Well ignoramus, it’s both.
You do know it cost more for the electricity to make the gasoline then it does to drive a car up a hill in an EV.

The electricity to drive a car is far cheaper then the gasoline per mile.

EVs need NO TUNE UP, NO OIL CHANGES, FEWER BRAKE JOBS, EMIT NO EMISSIONS, ACCELERATE FASTER PER FT LB OF TORQUE .

The battery replacement alone cost far less then what you pay to maintain and drive a fossil fuel car.

Your comments are stupid or dishonest. Which is it ?

The government is rolling out the red carpet for EVs while trying to put fossil fuel out of business.
You like to breath the fumes, and suck in tail pipes emissions and change your oil every 5000 miles just so Exxon can charge you more ? You have no fking logic.

Wow. Clearly, EV cars are for the STUPID, must be why these threads draw out all of their stupid supporters!
It’s clear by the ignorant remarks they can only come from having brain damage from breathing the fumes of a fossil fuel car…..

So you now admit that technology drives the use of electricity, not market forces.
What admit? I'm the one who told You, you flaming MORON!

EVs need NO TUNE UP, NO OIL CHANGES, FEWER BRAKE JOBS, EMIT NO EMISSIONS, ACCELERATE FASTER PER FT LB OF TORQUE .
ICE cars: No $25,000 bill every ten years, no suddenly catching on fire burning down your house, no limited driving range, no need to turn off accessories in the winter, no 5 hour stops to recharge, able to get fuel at millions of locations everywhere, fewer brake jobs due to much lighter car and no need to strip mine half the planet for all of the precious metals. Best of all, I can pick up a great used ICE car feature packed in great shape with with many miles left FOR JUST A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS.

The battery replacement alone cost far less then what you pay to maintain and drive a fossil fuel car.
Really? My car costs about $75 a year for an inspection.

Asshole.

SUCK.jpg

They NEVER cost $0 to replace unless they fail under warranty!!!

Wow. Clearly, EV cars are for the STUPID, must be why these threads draw out all of their stupid supporters!

Ummm...............it said that the 0 dollar replacement was for cars under warranty if you had read the link. It also stated that replacement for batteries that aren't under warranty is 20,000 or LESS, depending on the make. Do you have to cherry pick everything to try to somehow support whatever bullshit you're currently spewing?

ICE cars: No $25,000 bill every ten years, no suddenly catching on fire burning down your house, no limited driving range, no need to turn off accessories in the winter, no 5 hour stops to recharge, able to get fuel at millions of locations everywhere, fewer brake jobs due to much lighter car and no need to strip mine half the planet for all of the precious metals. Best of all, I can pick up a great used ICE car feature packed in great shape with with many miles left FOR JUST A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Asshole.

You're 25,000 dollar bill has already been discredited. As the tech gets better, the costs come down, and now it's down to only 20,000 (for a top end vehicle) OR LESS for battery replacement that's not under warranty, with the costs slated to come down to less than 6,000.

Suddenly catching on fire? That happens only rarely. It makes headlines because "if it bleeds, it leads". EV cars are actually pretty safe. And, there have been examples of ICE cars catching on fire for a variety of reasons (not just car crashes either).

As far as the brake jobs? Ever heard of regenerative braking? That's where the force generated by braking (that the pads have to overcome) actually feeds back into the battery and charges it a bit.

As far as the charging problems? You've got 1/2 a point on that one, because EV charging stations are still a pain to find, but as more EV cars show up on the road, more will be built. Same with gas engines in the early days btw........at first they were rare because nobody had cars, but as cars came into greater use, more gas stations popped up to fill the need. Same will happen with charging stations. And, charging them is going to get faster and faster as the tech improves.

Strip mining half the planet for materials? You're given into quite a bit of hyperbole ain't ya? Incidentally, now that more and more batteries are being trashed, companies are looking at serious ways of recycling to get the rare earth materials, and it's looking like it's gonna take off soon, since there are so many who want to do so. Mining for rare earth materials will decline as the recycling and reusing of them increases.

And yeah............currently ICE vehicles are much cheaper than EV's, but as they continue to be built, they will become cheaper and cheaper, as well as better and better. But the same thing happened with ICE vehicles as well. As they became more prominent in the fabric of society, they became cheaper and better as time went on. I know from personal experience that the changes from a 90's vehicle to something in the 2010's is vast, as I updated my car a year ago. The changes my new to me (used) car has over the one I had previously are HUGE. And, yeah, I only had to pay around 4,000 for it, but it's vastly better than what I had from the 90's. And my fiancee's car (which is around 8 or so years newer) is vastly better than the one I currently have. Tech advances and the benefits trickle down.

Suddenly catching on fire? That happens only rarely.
Exactly. Since EVs have come on to the market, thousands during that time have been killed in fossil fuel auto fires.
Officially, the number who have died as a result of an EV battery fire……zero. They can whine all they want, but it’s bullshit.

Asshole.
You spend $75 to have your car inspected ? Geesus, who does your taxes ?
ha ha
Technology drives the market ONLY IF ITS BETTER THEN BEFORE IT. Just maybe in the world you live, you do things ass backwards.

Exactly. Since EVs have come on to the market, thousands during that time have been killed in fossil fuel auto fires.
Officially, the number who have died as a result of an EV battery fire……zero. They can whine all they want, but it’s bullshit.

I actually know of someone who had their ICE car catch on fire and was totaled. Seems there was a leak to where the fuel injectors hooked into the engine, and either a short or the engine getting too hot ignited it and totaled the car.

Interestingly enough, overfilling a power steering system on an ICE vehicle can cause it to catch on fire as well (although rarely). Seems that the power steering fluid will expand as it heats and leak onto the engine, and if the engine is hot enough, it will catch on fire. Learned that one reading the owner's manual and researching it on the 'net when I got my new to me (used) car and was checking out all the operating systems so I could do my own maintenance.

Asshole.
You are obviously one of those delusional dullards that somehow forgets how much he pays for repairs and maintenace just so you can impressed your friends what a great deal you got in the old Ford Ranger blowing blue smoke out the exhaust. There are no decent used cars you can depend upon for “a few thousand dollars”.

Ummm...............it said that the 0 dollar replacement was for cars under warranty if you had read the link.
Don't need to read the link to know that!

It also stated that replacement for batteries that aren't under warranty is 20,000 or LESS, depending on the make.
Then there is the labor charge.

Do you have to cherry pick everything to try to somehow support whatever bullshit you're currently spewing?
I'm not spewing anything. I don't go around telling anyone they need to buy a gas car, or a Cadillac, or a Volvo, I wonder why I have a dozen people here trying to tell me how much better EVs are?

Especially when they ain't.

Right. All I've seen is report after report of EVs catching fire and burning like sodium taking out the whole block with fire-fighters unable to get it under control. People have been tapped inside unable to open the door and had to kick the glass out to escape.

NO DEATH TRAPS FOR ME.

SUCK.jpg

Don't need to read the link to know that!

Then there is the labor charge.

I'm not spewing anything. I don't go around telling anyone they need to buy a gas car, or a Cadillac, or a Volvo, I wonder why I have a dozen people here trying to tell me how much better EVs are?

Especially when they ain't.
And absolutely NO one is telling you or anyone else what they should or should buy. That’s a ridiculous comment. But neither should your ridiculous comments about EVs go unchallenged just because everyone feels sorry for your dementia.

Forum List

Back