Stock market will crash in 60 days...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...says best selling author Larry McDonald.

"They're playing catch up, and while they were doing quantitative easing in 2021, inflation started to rage and now they're trying to catch up," The Bear Traps Report founder Larry McDonald said Wednesday on "Mornings with Maria."

"Our 21 Lehman systemic risk indicators that look at equity and credit point to one of the highest probabilities of a crash in the stock market looking out 60 days," McDonald, who is also known for writing a best-selling book on the Lehman Brothers collapse, cautioned.

Don't have anything to add to that...not a stock expert. It just feels very very Black Monday-esque.

The title of that article is a little misleading...McDonald actually says "best chance" if the S&P earning fail to meet expectations.

I wasn't around in 1929...but I was in 1987.

You experts can discuss the ins and outs of the article...I'm just going to read the replies.

Well, most of the replies.

Not the replies from those who know less than I do who will unfailingly post that everything is fine because hope and fairy dust and a potato in the White House.

Doesn't matter does it?
Those who believe in a crash, invest into buying negative options - the others into positive options
So what ever billions or trillions are wasted by A speculators - are being collected by B speculators.

If the share-market crashes those into negative options making billions, will then reinvest into far lower share-prices, and the carousel starts all over again.
The Fed (government) will hop in and pay out the difference to those super-rich who lost out. Bush Jr. did a real good job in that regard.

That is how the rich get richer - and the dumb get dumber, ah... the poor get poorer.

Last edited:

"They're playing catch up, and while they were doing quantitative easing in 2021, inflation started to rage and now they're trying to catch up," The Bear Traps Report founder Larry McDonald said Wednesday on "Mornings with Maria."

"Our 21 Lehman systemic risk indicators that look at equity and credit point to one of the highest probabilities of a crash in the stock market looking out 60 days," McDonald, who is also known for writing a best-selling book on the Lehman Brothers collapse, cautioned.

Don't have anything to add to that...not a stock expert. It just feels very very Black Monday-esque.

The title of that article is a little misleading...McDonald actually says "best chance" if the S&P earning fail to meet expectations.

You experts can discuss the ins and outs of the article...I'm just going to read the replies.

Not the replies from those who know less than I do who will unfailingly post that everything is fine because hope and fairy dust and a potato in the White House.

Bookmarked for 60 days from now. We will see if your guy is right or not.

Bush didn't give people money for their stock market losses.
Certainly not to your average class neighbor Mr. Smith

President Bush added thousands of new federal subsidy programs during his eight years in office. In 2008, there were 1,816 subsidy programs in the federal budget that spread hundreds of billions of dollars annually to special interest groups such as state governments, businesses, nonprofit groups, and individuals. The number of subsidy programs has grown by 30 percent since 2000 and by 54 percent since 1990.

During Bush’s two terms. Between FY2002 and FY2009, discretionary spending rose 96 percent.

Probably you believe that Goldman Sachs, Stanley Morgan, Bank of America, etc. etc. are not run and owned by super-rich people/elites who lost money in the stock market,
but are run and owned by their common employees.

Aside from miss-management companies like Chrysler were bailed out due to insolvency in regards to their stock-market value crash. - no more collateral's to protect the interests of the lender. - e.g. a Bank or an investment group - so bailing out Chrysler and e.g. GM was to protect the major shareholders and lenders.

His tax cut's cost the USA an approximate US$ 5Trillon - and any statistic will show as to who actually profited from these tax-cuts, not your average neighbor Mr. Smith

Bookmarked for 60 days from now. We will see if your guy is right or not.
I'm still reeling from being out of diesel fuel since Thanksgiving.

Certainly not to your average class neighbor Mr. Smith

President Bush added thousands of new federal subsidy programs during his eight years in office. In 2008, there were 1,816 subsidy programs in the federal budget that spread hundreds of billions of dollars annually to special interest groups such as state governments, businesses, nonprofit groups, and individuals. The number of subsidy programs has grown by 30 percent since 2000 and by 54 percent since 1990.

During Bush’s two terms. Between FY2002 and FY2009, discretionary spending rose 96 percent.

Probably you believe that Goldman Sachs, Stanley Morgan, Bank of America, etc. etc. are not run and owned by super-rich people/elites who lost money in the stock market,

Aside from miss-management companies like Chrysler were bailed out due to insolvency in regards to their stock-market value crash. - no more collateral's to protect the interests of the lender. - e.g. a Bank or an investment group - so bailing out Chrysler and e.g. GM was to protect the major shareholders and lenders.

His tax cut's cost the USA an approximate US$ 5Trillon - and any statistic will show as to who actually profited from these tax-cuts, not your average neighbor Mr. Smith

Thanks?

So, no proof of your earlier claim?

Those guys are rich like a mother fucker.

But you said Bush gave them money for their stock market losses.
Were you lying? Or just stupid?

In 1987 I was 26, and pretty much ignorant to investing and past market performance.
The point is, the Market Ups and Downs have ALWAYS benefited the continual participant.

Don't cash out on FEAR.

This guy ^^^^^ has an agenda and is spreading FEAR..........agenda I say.

Do NOT cash out on FEAR.

Some “guru” makes a prediction like this about every other week

60 days?????

Heck, we've been waiting for Lastamender 's claim way longer than 3-4 weeks.
So when this guy says 60 days, does he mean 60 light year days?

f the share-market crashes those into negative options making billions, will then reinvest into far lower share-prices, and the carousel starts all over again.
The Fed (government) will hop in and pay out the difference to those super-rich who lost out. Bush Jr. did a real good job in that regard.

A lot of 'equity' disappears, most of it largely imaginary but large amounts of real dollars are loaned out on it via leverage, and the bailouts go to the people who caused the crashes in the first place, which is why that cycle never stops, plus it causes massive inflation.

Forum List

Back