Stock market will crash in 60 days...

Most of my holdings are somewhat recession proofed, but if the market does crash, I have half of my money in cash, and I'm going shopping.
I'll be shopping for deals too...but in the used truck and trailer market.

There are 4 million class 8 trucks on the road.

If we're really 25% over capacity...that's a million trucks.

Last edited:
Market timing has always been a very difficult to do. People make predictions all the time because if they happen to get it right, they quickly right a book about their genius and many will buy it and hail the new stock market guru.
:bowdown::bowdown:

Sorry chummy - I ain't got the time, so go back to high-school and ask your 10th grade economics class teacher to explain it to you.

Not one major Wall Street executive went to jail for destroying our economy in 2008 as a result of their greed, recklessness and illegal behavior. No. They didn’t go to jail.
They got a trillion-dollar bailout.”

When Fed bailout programs first became public, just six banks — JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley — were the recipients of 63 percent of the Fed’s average daily borrowing, representing about a half-trillion dollars at peak periods just for those firms.

Those Fed dollars were doled out through an alphabet soup of different programs (the TAF, the TALF, the TSLF, the TOP, the PDCF, the Maiden Lanes, etc.) and were used to execute major restructurings of the economy. The Fed put up $30 billion to help Chase buy the hulk of Bear Stearns, helping further by buying up $29 billion in bad assets from the dying investment bank.

Citigroup was borrowing $100 billion from the Fed at its peak, Morgan Stanley $107 billion. Fed money was used to broker Bank of America’s absorption of Merrill Lynch and help Wells Fargo buy up Wachovia, in addition to other mergers. At the end of all the rearranging, the 12 largest banks in the country — which had all contributed massively to the crisis and had maybe a week to live when the crash happened, as Bernanke testified — suddenly controlled 70 percent of all bank assets in the United States.

Stop wasting my time with with infantile unsubstantiated one-liner reply's.

Sorry chummy - I ain't got the time,

And you ain't got a clue. Now run away.

The Fed put up $30 billion to help Chase buy the hulk of Bear Stearns, helping further by buying up $29 billion in bad assets from the dying investment bank.

It was awful!
What was the Fed's profit on the deal?

Citigroup was borrowing $100 billion from the Fed at its peak, Morgan Stanley $107 billion.

Borrowing? They weren't just given the money? LOL!

There is a rare exception. The only ones that really comes to my mind are the 3 Lord of the Rings movies, they came close to the books.
I actually thought of that set of movies as a possible exception. Those movies did pretty much capture the spirit of the books. Tolkien himself would probably have liked them, I suspect.

...says best selling author Larry McDonald.

"They're playing catch up, and while they were doing quantitative easing in 2021, inflation started to rage and now they're trying to catch up," The Bear Traps Report founder Larry McDonald said Wednesday on "Mornings with Maria."

"Our 21 Lehman systemic risk indicators that look at equity and credit point to one of the highest probabilities of a crash in the stock market looking out 60 days," McDonald, who is also known for writing a best-selling book on the Lehman Brothers collapse, cautioned.

Don't have anything to add to that...not a stock expert. It just feels very very Black Monday-esque.

The title of that article is a little misleading...McDonald actually says "best chance" if the S&P earning fail to meet expectations.

I wasn't around in 1929...but I was in 1987.

You experts can discuss the ins and outs of the article...I'm just going to read the replies.

Well, most of the replies.

Not the replies from those who know less than I do who will unfailingly post that everything is fine because hope and fairy dust and a potato in the White House.
I don't even know what to think of this. This guy makes a prediction like this about once a year, and he is constantly touting commodities and, specifically, gold.

I think I will take my predictions elsewhere. Or even better, look at many of them.

That would be 800,000 trucks.
Must be that new math.

Screenshot_20230309-162137-151.png

I'll be shopping for deals too...but in the used truck and trailer market.

There are 4 million class 8 trucks on the road.

If we're really 25% over capacity...that's a million trucks.
That's cool, sounds like you got your own hustle going on, and I'll admit, I don't understand what any of that means.

Forum List

Back