Southern Baptist pedophiles

Now this is a scandal…..

In August 2014 the Jay report concluded that an estimated 1,400 children,[15] had been sexually abused in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013 predominantly by British-Pakistani men.[13] British Asian girls in Rotherham also suffered abuse, but a fear of shame and dishonour made them reluctant to report the abuse to authorities.[16]
———————
The failure to address the abuse was attributed to a combination of factors revolving around race, class and gender—contemptuous and sexist attitudes toward the mostly working-class victims; lack of a child-centred focus; a desire to protect the town's reputation; and lack of training and resources.[24][25][8]

Rotherham Council's chief executive, its director of children's services, and the Police and Crime Commissionerfor South Yorkshire Police all resigned.[26] The Independent Police Complaints Commission and the National Crime Agency both opened inquiries, the latter expected to last eight years.[27][28] The government appointed Louise Casey to conduct an inspection of Rotherham Council.[29] Published in January 2015, the Casey report concluded that the council had a bullying, sexist culture of covering up information and silencing whistleblowers, and was "not fit for purpose".[30] In February 2015 the government replaced the council's elected officers with a team of five commissioners.[31] As a result of new police inquiries, 19 men and two women were convicted in 2016 and 2017 of sexual offences in the town dating back to the late 1980s; one of the ringleaders was jailed for 35 years.
[32]
Derailing the thread?

At an independent baptist church I attended they would change church leadership every 7 years. maybe these larger baptist groups should impose similar rules for their leadership and staff from the top down.
Whenever I see what they call "big box churches" where the signs have the minister's name permanently placed, you know it's trouble.

Its pretty grim stuff. The actual report is in a link in the article.

Using southern baptist logic this means that all southern baptists are perverts and rapists.

This is the logic used when condemning all muslims for the actions of of a few taxi drivers..

Of course only a cretin would believe that. Most southern Baptists are decent people.

But the report does make it sound as corrupt as the Catholic Church.

Safeguarding does not appear in their culture.
See, this is why I support the return of the "old religion." Vikings were at least honest about their savage cause.

Now with all that is said so far. Just because someone makes an accusation doesn't mean the accusation is true. But the SBC closing ranks and protecting their own sure looks bad. But before reputations are ruined let's get the truth out 100% and let the chips fall where they may. Let the guilty be punished and the innocent be saved. Something I learned from being on jury duty is what someone is saying about what happened isn't always what really happened.

Who said that ANYONE molesting others is ok? Name names.
Never said what you are claiming, I was asking a question, hence the question mark after my sentence. Try going back to school, it seems you need it.

Very sad and not shocking to me. Cover ups for this type of behavior should be prosecuted. People that molest others deserve the death penalty.

Tommy you are a moron, there are plenty of good Muslims and Baptists in the world only an asshole like yourself would claim otherwise. You are an intolerant bigot.
Read my post again. |You are agreeing with me.

Very sad and not shocking to me. Cover ups for this type of behavior should be prosecuted. People that molest others deserve the death penalty.

Tommy you are a moron, there are plenty of good Muslims and Baptists in the world only an asshole like yourself would claim otherwise. You are an intolerant bigot.
Ya, wanna extend that there are many good teachers and democrats?

Many of the fundy religious (as we've seen) throw their children to their idea of god....whether it's a Southern Baptist, Catholic, or trump cult church.
You didn't respond with squat. Again, where are the parents when they see their children upset and their behavior changes? Why aren't they asking questions?

And the perps are in prison. These baptists are roaming free. What have you done about it ?
"These baptists", as you call them seem to be Baptist in name only. Too bad it is politically incorrect to excommunicate these bastards so the group is protected. Police need to investigate and charge those that need to be charge and tried, if convicted, give them the longest sentence allowed. I myself would like to see the death penalty imposed but that to is politically incorrect according to you left wing assholes.

Over 200 pages in the report on sexual abuse in SBC. This article may shed some light on the problem with our preachers and pastors at the end of the article the finding is surprising.. I have always seen people going into the ministry for the wrong reasons. In my opinion'' you must be called'' to preach or in the ministry as a whole. It is not a profession it is a calling by the Holy Spirit. 'Shocking' survey finds only half of Evangelical pastors hold biblical worldview

Forum List

Back