Southern Baptist pedophiles

More news on the subject: FBC Woodstock restates support to fight sexual abuse, addresses Hunt's inclusion in Guidepost report | Baptist Press Reading this article will give an idea of how a lot of baptist think. They feel under attack and victimized. But rational thinking folks are among us as well. We as baptists need to concentrate on the real victims of this which are the women, children, and yes some boys and men who suffered sexual abuse. And not circle the wagons around a pastor or other member who may also need help if guilty. As scripture tells us- We can't tell someone to get the splinter out of their eye if we have a board in our own.

These are articles from baptist press for those interested in more news on the subject.

‘Repentance and change’: Pastors lead churches in response to sex abuse report

Former Southern Baptist Convention President J.D. Greear says he’s encouraged by the SBC’s bottom-up structure putting power in the hands of lay members.

FBC Woodstock restates support to fight sexual abuse, addresses Hunt’s inclusion in Guidepost report

In a sermon lasting just under an hour, Senior Pastor Jeremy Morton reiterated First Baptist Woodstock’s commitment to supporting sexual abuse survivors and addressed allegations against former pastor Johnny Hunt in the Guidepost Solutions report.

Retired Mobile pastor falsely tied to SBC abuser list by local news outlet

Retired Mobile pastor Charles Brown, 79, has found himself navigating a situation he never anticipated — clearing his name for someone else’s misconduct.

Religious faith, church attendance aligns with more pro-life views

Not all pro-life Americans are religious, but religious Americans are more likely to be pro-life.

Watsons team with Psalm 139 again on ultrasound placement

Former National Football League player Benjamin Watson and his wife have collaborated for the third time with the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics entity to provide an ultrasound machine for the benefit of women in crisis pregnancies.

IMB 2021 stats; First baptism among people group; Lifeway, B&H Español awards

The International Mission Board has made the full 2021 Annual Statistical Report (ASR) available to the public. IMB trustees were presented the report during their board meeting May 18-19 in Orlando, Fla.
7544c2d2-c4bd-47d5-9e7d-332d557bf418.png
Copyright © 2022 SBC Executive Committee, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

The Anabaptists used to have up to 13 wives. They really abused women and were considered terrorists.

Its pretty grim stuff. The actual report is in a link in the article.

Using southern baptist logic this means that all southern baptists are perverts and rapists.

This is the logic used when condemning all muslims for the actions of of a few taxi drivers..

Of course only a cretin would believe that. Most southern Baptists are decent people.

But the report does make it sound as corrupt as the Catholic Church.

Safeguarding does not appear in their culture.

This has been going on for a hundred years. Safeguarding? Second generation Baptist pedophiles in the clergy molested their sons and daughters.. nobody spilled the beans until they started molesting the grandchildren.

Its pretty grim stuff. The actual report is in a link in the article.

Using southern baptist logic this means that all southern baptists are perverts and rapists.

This is the logic used when condemning all muslims for the actions of of a few taxi drivers..

Of course only a cretin would believe that. Most southern Baptists are decent people.

But the report does make it sound as corrupt as the Catholic Church.

Safeguarding does not appear in their culture.
Like All British Men ( even the burnt Pakis ) over 50

It bothered me when the church I went to abruptly had its name completely changed and the word Baptist dropped from it, and all reference to Baptist no longer used. I think it was for other reasons, but I can see it makes sense more than I saw before.

It bothered me when the church I went to abruptly had its name completely changed and the word Baptist dropped from it, and all reference to Baptist no longer used. I think it was for other reasons, but I can see it makes sense more than I saw before.
I think the “Baptist” is a branding issue, and needs permission from the Baptist Convention, or whatever the parent “company” is. Maybe their membership was revoked, or they never actually had membership to begin with, and were called out on it…

Do they still follow Baptist beliefs? If not leave! There is no law or rule about Baptist. If you follow Baptist beliefs than you are a Baptist . Beware of your congregation turning into a cult.

Forum List

Back