Southern Baptist pedophiles

At an independent baptist church I attended they would change church leadership every 7 years. maybe these larger baptist groups should impose similar rules for their leadership and staff from the top down.
Lol, some one offering solutions instead of bitching. Are you sure you are in the right place? Are you also for booting and prosecuting those who committed the abuse and those who covered it up?

Boy Scouts, churches, public schools, girl scouts, gymnastics, etc etc child molesters seize the opportunity.

Hell even British royalty, see the pedo prince Andrew

Start shooting them in the head it'll slow down

wow that’s almost as bad as the British Rotherham scandal where you Brits allowed about a Thousand British girls to be repeatedly raped…and you did nothing cause you didn’t want to be though as racists….
Nope, its a lot worse. we locked up our predators.

Boy Scouts, churches, public schools, girl scouts, gymnastics, etc etc child molesters seize the opportunity.

Hell even British royalty, see the pedo prince Andrew

Start shooting them in the head it'll slow down
I am not sure it would. This is not a new phenomenon. It has been going on for ever. The biggest employer in Victorian London was child prostitution.
But people who research this run the risk of being sacked by idiots. There was a case a few weeks ago.

I dont know what the answer is. But a start is to stop the idiocy that it is exclusive to certain parts of society. That is just dumb.

Safeguarding the reputation of the church first. I posted about this before at some point, but a Baptist Church where I grew up had an extensive youth outreach program with lots of sports teams, day trips, and such. When the guy who ran it and built it up had to quit because of a change in his real world paying job situation, the "assistant" who was creepy anyway, was solely in charge of it. After a few months the church very abruptly killed it all and blamed the early teen boys. They removed the basketball goals, and put a bunch of crap in the sports field so it couldn't be used and threatened to have any neighborhood kids prosecuted for trespassing if they set foot on the property except to attend services with a parent. They kept creepy though and made him music director for a period of time to not draw any attention to the change. Fast foward a few decades, creepy new guy went to prison when his wife caught him molesting one of his own early teen boy relatives, and that church is now gasping its last breath because they chased away an entire next generation of kids to cover up Coach Creepy's preference for young teenage boys. In spite of that coverup, everybody knew what had happened to start it all from the git, we just didn't know who it had happened to. The guy just oozed molester and once the good youth director left, he was very much in grooming mode trying to get increasingly controlling with the 12-14 year olds.
Organisations, by their very nature, tend to major in self preservation. Ive been involved in several voluntary organisations and the first instinct to any problem is "how can we stop this getting out".

That applies to any situation where a ollok has been dropped. Its no surprise that a small church would react in that way. People give up their time to help but they didnt sign up to call their neighbour a paedo.

Maybe every organisation should have a safeguarding officer to protect the kids. I know that they dont in schools

Its pretty grim stuff. The actual report is in a link in the article.

Using southern baptist logic this means that all southern baptists are perverts and rapists.

This is the logic used when condemning all muslims for the actions of of a few taxi drivers..

Of course only a cretin would believe that. Most southern Baptists are decent people.

But the report does make it sound as corrupt as the Catholic Church.

Safeguarding does not appear in their culture.
I knew it wouldn't be long before we learned who the REAL sexual groomers were.

Using southern baptist logic this means that all southern baptists are perverts and rapists.

This is the logic used when condemning all muslims for the actions of of a few taxi drivers..

Of course only a cretin would believe that. Most southern Baptists are decent people.

Religion is the opiate of the people, Komrade

Safeguarding the reputation of the church first. I posted about this before at some point, but a Baptist Church where I grew up had an extensive youth outreach program with lots of sports teams, day trips, and such. When the guy who ran it and built it up had to quit because of a change in his real world paying job situation, the "assistant" who was creepy anyway, was solely in charge of it. After a few months the church very abruptly killed it all and blamed the early teen boys. They removed the basketball goals, and put a bunch of crap in the sports field so it couldn't be used and threatened to have any neighborhood kids prosecuted for trespassing if they set foot on the property except to attend services with a parent. They kept creepy though and made him music director for a period of time to not draw any attention to the change. Fast foward a few decades, creepy new guy went to prison when his wife caught him molesting one of his own early teen boy relatives, and that church is now gasping its last breath because they chased away an entire next generation of kids to cover up Coach Creepy's preference for young teenage boys. In spite of that coverup, everybody knew what had happened to start it all from the git, we just didn't know who it had happened to. The guy just oozed molester and once the good youth director left, he was very much in grooming mode trying to get increasingly controlling with the 12-14 year olds.
Not surprising....in my predominantly Catholic hometown the same happened with one of the priests at the church.

Like who? Even without covering this up, it's still going to happen. They will go years getting into the situation to be able to carry out their evil ways. What is also not often talked about is where are the parents in all this? Why didn't they figure out what was going on when their children began to behave differently?
Many of the fundy religious (as we've seen) throw their children to their idea of god....whether it's a Southern Baptist, Catholic, or trump cult church.

If you could find a way to poll Christians as to which denomination they prefer you might find a lot of white people who claim to be Baptists but the 3,000+ black Southern Baptist churches are the real deal. It might be fun in Indiana but people of color have the Southern Baptist religion locked up and down pat. If you want to criticize the Southern Baptist denomination you have to deal with the black churches and maybe that's the intent of the rant.
Your attempts at trying to make out the Southern Baptist church as a black church is very telling. Next, you'll try to make the Catholic church out as a black church also.

Very sad and not shocking to me. Cover ups for this type of behavior should be prosecuted. People that molest others deserve the death penalty.

Tommy you are a moron, there are plenty of good Muslims and Baptists in the world only an asshole like yourself would claim otherwise. You are an intolerant bigot.

Lefties try to attack Southern Baptists like they attack the Catholic church but there is no top down all powerful entity in the Southern Baptist religion. White Southern Baptists are just a part of the traditional Christian beliefs. The Black Baptist churches are more structured and regimented and family oriented so it follows that the criticism of Southern Baptists has to be centered on black churches. Bigots must know it but they hope the rest of us will swallow the propaganda.
^attempts for................reasons.................to make this a black issue.

Forum List

Back