Southern Baptist pedophiles

I think the “Baptist” is a branding issue, and needs permission from the Baptist Convention, or whatever the parent “company” is. Maybe their membership was revoked, or they never actually had membership to begin with, and were called out on it…
I grew up in a Independent Baptist Church. You don't need to belong to group of other congregations. There is no hierarchy.

I think the “Baptist” is a branding issue, and needs permission from the Baptist Convention, or whatever the parent “company” is. Maybe their membership was revoked, or they never actually had membership to begin with, and were called out on it…
Do they still follow Baptist beliefs? If not leave! There is no law or rule about Baptist. If you follow Baptist beliefs than you are a Baptist . Beware of your congregation turning into a cult.

It was legitimately a Baptist church, which had first formed, a few years before it took its Baptist name, in 1870. One time and one time only, when it was determined in the church after the pastor already was having this new name put in its announcements and literature, I heard what group of churches this church was a part of, which broke off from American Baptist churches several years earlier over a recent issue in culture. I wrote that group name down and I looked it up online, and saw there were very many churches that were a part of that. A number of the other churches also had taken a new name without the word Baptist in it. I am sorry but I can't think of the name again now, and I won't be able to find where I wrote it down, it was years ago. On that day of the change of name, the pastor said our church was still 'Baptistic', I never found that word being used before, or since, but the word Baptist stopped being used at this church and I don't hear that word there at all anymore. I am not absolutely bound to Baptists myself, years far earlier I came from other churches earlier to attend an Independent Baptist church, in the same community, after several years there I went to this American Baptist one, for a few years it was with this earlier name, and then they switched. It is a huge church, I don't say it is cultic at all, but I only seeing church online now, since 2020, and sometimes I watch what is at other churches, being open for anything yet further in godliness

On Purpose

Last edited:
The name is Transformation Ministries, I wasn't remembering so I looked up information on the split from the American Baptist churches.

I would not blame one for saying to be careful of being in a cult. I do hear wrong things being said, but there speaking the gospel is focused on. However, the change of name came with the speaking pastor convincing young people there some would lose opportunity to be saved with that earlier name

I would not blame one for saying to be careful of being in a cult. I do hear wrong things being said, but there speaking the gospel is focused on. However, the change of name came with the speaking pastor convincing young people there some would lose opportunity to be saved with that earlier name
You strike me as a rational thinking person my advice is to watch the actions of the pastor and how they do things like organize the power structure . The pastor saying young members may not be saved if the name wasn't changed seems suspect. If sets himself and the deacons as permanent leaders I suggest you and others leave.

I became a member there long ago, before these things, and I still get announcements from this church. I am not physically present though since the pandemic issue and I am vulnerable, and just watch services online, so my connection is tenuous, really. The argument made then, in 2015, that those who were persuaded heard, was that those who might visit this church would possibly not come, seeing it was Baptist, because of negative publicity, and they would not hear the message and be saved, that they would if the church did not have Baptist in its name so that they did come. Just that possibility concerned enough of them to go along with this change. I see this was ludicrous, the pastor really was not comfortable with it remaining a Baptist church. The direction seemed to be toward being nondenominational. I have other concerns, for which I would want fellowship going further with godliness, and I could see myself moving to that when I might find it elsewhere where I could be involved there, then. It just is not happening now.

- Are you an atheist and don't believe in God?
- Yes.
- Don't you believe in heaven and hell?
- I don't believe it.
- Then why don't you just rape and kill as much as you want??
- That's what I do.
- What?!
- I really rape and kill as much as I want, namely, not at all.

Religion is needed by those, who have no conscience.

Forum List

Back