Sorry Forum Racists, Sterling Lost...

Punting once again - yards are tough to come by when you're on the wrong side.

Rabbi attempted to punt. I'm still waiting for him to come with a relevant question.

You just ignored the relevant question.

Are you OK with an industry or even a business adopting a black list of people they will not hire or do business with based solely on their making unpopular statements?

Sure if the statements are racist, sexist, homophobic, or promote any other intolerance against a group of people as a good thing..

What's your effing point? This is a big deal because it is front page news and affects a lot of people's lives.

It's a very important topic, are you trying to say that I should not care because it isn't MY MONEY?

My effing point is that Sterling decided to break his contract. He alone made that decision. Are you saying he shouldnt pay consequences because he is wealthy?

BTW its not important. You wont see any of the money regardless of what happens.

He did not decide to "break his contract" he had no interest in selling the team. That decision was made for him by a woman scorned who was out to ruin the guy. I'm not a fan of his for sure, but a private conversation forces a a sale of two billion dollars? That's insanity.

Anyone who thinks that decision was a just and necessary one needs to stay away from jury duty.

It was his responsibility to make sure the tape never saw the light of day. He failed in that. His other alternative was to change his attitude regarding his racism. Are you claiming he had not control of the situation?

Rabbi attempted to punt. I'm still waiting for him to come with a relevant question.

Are you OK with an industry or even a business adopting a black list of people they will not hire or do business with based solely on their making unpopular statements?

Sure if the statements are racist, sexist, homophobic, or promote any other intolerance against a group of people as a good thing..
OK, you're a fascist and anti democratic and are not really worth bothering with anymore. Bye.

OK, you're a fascist and anti democratic and are not really worth bothering with anymore. Bye.

So you are going to take your ball and go home? :lol:

My effing point is that Sterling decided to break his contract. He alone made that decision. Are you saying he shouldnt pay consequences because he is wealthy?

BTW its not important. You wont see any of the money regardless of what happens.

He did not decide to "break his contract" he had no interest in selling the team. That decision was made for him by a woman scorned who was out to ruin the guy. I'm not a fan of his for sure, but a private conversation forces a a sale of two billion dollars? That's insanity.

Anyone who thinks that decision was a just and necessary one needs to stay away from jury duty.

It was his responsibility to make sure the tape never saw the light of day. He failed in that. His other alternative was to change his attitude regarding his racism. Are you claiming he had not control of the situation?

Firstly, I don't care what people "think" as long as they don't try to use it to influence the game.

Second, it was a private conversation - you should hear some of the crap I say to my cabbie buddies! Probably not entirely UNLIKE stuff that you and YOUR buddies might kick around.

That's the world you want to live in? Think about it - think about how it just might be you that gets singled out for some bullshit lawsuit where you get called a racist, and public opinion 'settles out of court' before you get your say.

Jesus Christ! You WON'T see what's right in front of your face!!!

:mad:

Last edited:

Firstly, I don't care what people "think" as long as they don't try to use it to influence the game.

Second, it was a private conversation - you should hear some of the crap I say to my cabbie buddies! Probably not entirely UNLIKE stuff that you and YOUR buddies might kick around.

That's the world you want to live in? Think about it - think about how it just might be you that gets singled out for some bullshit lawsuit where you get called a racist, and public opinion convicts you before you get your say.

How do you know what he thought didnt influence the game? I know one player left the Clippers because of his racism. I'd say that was influencing the game.

You nor I signed a contract giving someone the right to invalidate our holdings in a private franchise. It had nothing to do with the law per say. In this case Sterling gave the NBA the legal right to take his team.

Just in case you were unaware someone can sue you for anything but that doesnt mean they will have a leg to stand on. That's what a frivolous lawsuit is. The danger of that did not get worse due to this issue.

I don't support anything that Sterling said, but I'm much more concerned about this draconian atmosphere that liberals have forced on us involving speech, than I am of an old racist.

What a bunch of commie, bullcrap! NO ONE can speak out against bad behavior or say ANYTHING against ANYONE?

Get your head out of your ass!

Not in the least. That's very difficult to even begin to suggest.

No its not difficult. I just suggested it with ease. When the NBA notices sponsors pulling their sponsorship I'm sure that hastened their decision.

No, that didn't happen. Who pulled there sponsorship, liar?

Stop being emotional. What do I need to lie for?

Sponsors pulling support of Los Angeles Clippers

In rapid succession, the mass exodus included used car seller CarMax, State Farm Insurance, Kia Motors America, airline Virgin America, P. Diddy's water brand, AQUAHydrate, Red Bull, Yokohama tires and Mercedes-Benz.

As AQUAHydrate said in a statement:

"In the wake of Donald Sterling's alleged defamatory and intolerable comments we have decided to suspend our sponsorship with the L.A. Clippers until the NBA completes its investigation. We fully support the players and fans of the L.A. Clippers and wish them the best in the remainder of the playoffs."

What a bunch of commie, bullcrap! NO ONE can speak out against bad behavior or say ANYTHING against ANYONE?

Get your head out of your ass!

You can say what you want to and not be arrested. However, if it embarrasses the employer or makes them lose money you suffer consequences. Try it for yourself and see how fast you loose your job.

That's the world you want to live in? Think about it - think about how it just might be you that gets singled out for some bullshit lawsuit where you get called a racist, and public opinion convicts you before you get your say.

How do you know what he thought didnt influence the game? I know one player left the Clippers because of his racism. I'd say that was influencing the game.

You nor I signed a contract giving someone the right to invalidate our holdings in a private franchise. It had nothing to do with the law per say. In this case Sterling gave the NBA the legal right to take his team.

Just in case you were unaware someone can sue you for anything but that doesnt mean they will have a leg to stand on. That's what a frivolous lawsuit is. The danger of that did not get worse due to this issue.

That's an interesting point and I'd like to address it.

Are we talking about J.J. Redick?

20120226_kkt_sv7_276.0_standard_352.0.jpg

^^^ That guy???

:lol:

I really don't believe in what way Sterling was going to keep this man down. Presumably, Sterling hated blacks, correct? How was he going to discriminate against Redick? By not letting him play? Why would he sign him then, to NOT play him?

Under the terms of Paragraph 13 of the constitution, the owners can terminate another owner’s franchise with a vote of three-fourths of the NBA Board of Governors, which is composed of all 30 owners. The power to terminate is limited to things like gambling and fraud in the application for ownership, but it also includes a provision for termination when an owner “fails to fulfill” a “contractual obligation” in “such a way as to affect the [NBA] or its members adversely.” Silver and the owners could assert that Sterling’s statements violated the constitution’s requirements to conduct business on a “reasonable” and “ethical” level.

This statement is extremely broad.

“fails to fulfill” a 'contractual obligation'?"

There are mountains of infractions that could indicate that the "rules" were broken.

It's BS - the decision will get over-turned.

No, it won't.

You can say what you want to and not be arrested. However, if it embarrasses the employer or makes them lose money you suffer consequences. Try it for yourself and see how fast you loose your job.

I can say what I want, just not at work? Who decided that? Liberals with their PC bull****, that's who.

Correct! That IS HOW the game is played now, but why? Is it making anyone's life better?

That just the way it is? Not if I have a say, not if enough people decide that we are doing the wrong thing and start standing up to it.

@ anukulardecider

Are you seriously calling every poster on this site, who does NOT agree with this horrible decision a racist?

Tell me, I don't agree with it, nor do I even think that it was a fair decision ... am I a racist?

How are you able to discern who is and who isn't?

He's not in good enough mental health to make this kind of decision, but sane enough to know not to be a prejudice?

I think you're completely wrong and I didn't even infer that you were a racist.

To do so ... without merit ... would make me a racist. :eek:

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Don't call me a racist in the first place, asshole.

That's the problem with you PC addicted, Liberal, shit-house lawyers! Every word out of someone's mouth is a racist slur; you try to use that as grounds to jail/sue/smear anyone you want based on what the strictest and most thin-skinned nut-cases, construes as "racism."

No better example than your thread title.

It's dishonest, it's racist and it's absolutely not the tone I wish to heed.

... Commie.

I see you decided to wear the shoes.

Under the terms of Paragraph 13 of the constitution, the owners can terminate another owner’s franchise with a vote of three-fourths of the NBA Board of Governors, which is composed of all 30 owners. The power to terminate is limited to things like gambling and fraud in the application for ownership, but it also includes a provision for termination when an owner “fails to fulfill” a “contractual obligation” in “such a way as to affect the [NBA] or its members adversely.” Silver and the owners could assert that Sterling’s statements violated the constitution’s requirements to conduct business on a “reasonable” and “ethical” level.

This statement is extremely broad.

“fails to fulfill” a 'contractual obligation'?"

There are mountains of infractions that could indicate that the "rules" were broken.

It's BS - the decision will get over-turned.

No, it won't.

Fine, but tell us why, otherwise you aren't 'discussing,' you're just being argumentative.

If thats how you feel the correct response is No.
OK, how about fining people for saying racist or otherwise unpopular things? Are you OK with that? Because that is exactly what the NBA did.

The NBA has their own set of rules. Sterling didn't go by them. They acted in their own best interest.

PUNT!

During the McCarthy Era Hollywood films had blacklists of writers and actors who were suspected communists. They were effectively shut out of working.
Are you OK with that sort of blacklist for people who express disagreeable opinions?

Apples and oranges...

Forum List

Back