Breaking News: Sterling Suing NBA for 1 BILLION

Nutz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2014
Banned Clippers owner Donald Sterling to sue NBA for $1 billion in*damages | The Point Forward - SI.com

Disgraced Clippers owner Donald Sterling will file a lawsuit against the NBA seeking $1 billion in damages, according to his lawyer.

NBC News originally broke the story and Sterling’s attorney, Max Blecher, later confirmed the report to Yahoo! Sports and ESPN.com, adding that the charges of the lawsuit include an invasion of Sterling’s constitutional rights, violation of anti-trust laws and breach of fiduciary duty associated with the NBA’s lifetime ban and termination charges.

Blecher also clarified that this lawsuit has nothing to do with the pending sale of the Clippers, though he told Yahoo! Sports that separate action regarding the sale was being considered.

This development comes on the heels of news that Sterling had recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. Sterling was reportedly diagnosed by doctors earlier this month and on Thursday it was reported that Sterling had been declared “mentally incapacitated” – a determination that removed him from power of the Sterling Family Trust and, by extension, the Clippers. That left Shelly Sterling as the sole trustee of the family’s trust, a status which fully empowered her to sign a $2 billion agreement to sell the Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Should be interesting...I wonder if it will ever get to court.

• Banned
Punished for having an opinion in the so called freest nation on earth. Fascism is exactly this.

The NBA saved his franchise. If nothing was done, he would have lost sponsors, fans, and players...reducing the net worth of the Clippers to nothing. He should be thanking the NBA if the sale of his team goes through!

Obviously, but it appears "thanks" are sparse with Donald Sterling.

• Banned
I hope he wins for freedom!

Oddly enough, so do I. Not a billion...but $1 and an apology for a knee jerk reaction. He is already going to get his billion from the sale.

I hope he gets the best medical care for his Alzheimer's, not a penny from a lawsuit. It was his attitude towards the players that was offensive; he acted as though he owned them. "I took them from......." He seemed to be believe he invented the sport. Maybe it was caused by his mind "slowing down" as his attorney phrased it, in any event a mental health exam is warranted. If he has any significant mental disfunction, his ability to initiate litigation, and proceed therewith, is an issue.

I hope he gets the best medical care for his Alzheimer's, not a penny from a lawsuit. It was his attitude towards the players that was offensive; he acted as though he owned them. "I took them from......." He seemed to be believe he invented the sport. Maybe it was caused by his mind "slowing down" as his attorney phrased it, in any event a mental health exam is warranted. If he has any significant mental disfunction, his ability to initiate litigation, and proceed therewith, is an issue.

This guy has been a piece of crap since long before he made his statements. In reality this guy shouldn't have been allowed to own the clippers a long time ago.

What attitude toward the players? He treated the players just fine. He made millionaires of those players. Of course he made them. They would be selling crack if it wasn't for Donald Sterling.

This guy has been a piece of crap since long before he made his statements. In reality this guy shouldn't have been allowed to own the clippers a long time ago.

The owners are supposed to act only upon this latest behavior, it may be tough to forget the unauthorized move from San Diego, the housing litigation, (he & his wife didn't want black tenants, Mexican tenants , or any tenants with children) and his thesis on prositution. :D

I hope he wins every penny of that one billion. All he did was express the way tens of millions of whites, Asians, and Hispanics feel about blacks.

Forum List

Back