Sorry Forum Racists, Sterling Lost...

Under the terms of Paragraph 13 of the constitution, the owners can terminate another owner’s franchise with a vote of three-fourths of the NBA Board of Governors, which is composed of all 30 owners. The power to terminate is limited to things like gambling and fraud in the application for ownership, but it also includes a provision for termination when an owner “fails to fulfill” a “contractual obligation” in “such a way as to affect the [NBA] or its members adversely.” Silver and the owners could assert that Sterling’s statements violated the constitution’s requirements to conduct business on a “reasonable” and “ethical” level.

This statement is extremely broad.

“fails to fulfill” a 'contractual obligation'?"

There are mountains of infractions that could indicate that the "rules" were broken.

It's BS - the decision will get over-turned.

It wasn't just the American lefties who were appalled at his racist remarks. Hell, the guy appeared on TV after the tape, and made it 10x worse. He simply couldn't shut his mouth.

This witch-burning attitude that liberals enshrine at the center of their personality is very troublesome to civil society.

Every time a liberal opens his mouth I too am appalled. Should this allow me to work to destroy every liberal who talks to me? Should I be able to ostracise them and get them fired from their job, have them evicted from their home, etc.

The politics of personal destruction is pretty much de rigueur from Liberals these days. It really puts a lie to their claim that they're tolerant people.

Oh, them bad ol libruls!

Clippers players, staff, coaches, concessions, and sponsors say they will boycott the season if Sterling is not gone from the team. We're talking about a lot of money going down the drain if he tries to be stubborn and drag this out.

Sterling's attorney and real estate buddies say he has over $500 million in loans outstanding that the lenders have informed them they are going to call.........they say his violation of the Trust agreement and his erratic behavior allows them to exercise their rights to protect their investment. The bank's would file simple legal motions that are solidly supported by the loan agreements.

Real estate professionals don't want Sterling to hold out with his obstruction antics and make the poor decision to sell off major properties to pay his called loans and carry on his legal battles.......he owns so much in so small an area it would surely cause an major earthquake in the LA real estate market.

Everybody in the world ( except a few deranged kindred spirits of Donald Sterling) wants Crazy Sterling to sell the Clippers, pay off his loans, and then go away forever. At this point he's nothing but an economic terrorist......a crazy old fart who threatens to be a suicide bomber. Everyone would be better off if he just did the right thing and died all of a sudden.

Wishing death on someone? What an ass! LA Real Estate is a small market? Really? Are you really that stupid?

The best thing that could have happened was the sponsor pull out, the players and coaches quit playing for him, the value of his team would have plummeted and he would have been forced to sell the team for a lot less than $800 million, which is what most people put the value at before the stupid remarks.

Now, the NBA steps in, forces him to sell a $800 million team for over $2 billion. Yeah, Donnie is going to be really hurting.

From NBC:
:eusa_boohoo:
Although the judge issued a tentative oral order on Monday, all parties expect him to confirm it in writing by Aug. 13.

"We are pleased that the court has affirmed Shelly Sterling's right to sell the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer," the NBA said in a statement. "We look forward to the transaction closing as soon as possible."
Oh well.

@ anukulardecider

Are you seriously calling every poster on this site, who does NOT agree with this horrible decision a racist?

Tell me, I don't agree with it, nor do I even think that it was a fair decision ... am I a racist?

How are you able to discern who is and who isn't?

He's not in good enough mental health to make this kind of decision, but sane enough to know not to be a prejudice?

I think you're completely wrong and I didn't even infer that you were a racist.

To do so ... without merit ... would make me a racist. :eek:

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Don't call me a racist in the first place, asshole.

That's the problem with you PC addicted, Liberal, shit-house lawyers! Every word out of someone's mouth is a racist slur; you try to use that as grounds to jail/sue/smear anyone you want based on what the strictest and most thin-skinned nut-cases, construes as "racism."

No better example than your thread title.

It's dishonest, it's racist and it's absolutely not the tone I wish to heed.

... Commie.

:mad:

BS! You created a fake argument on the very first page of this thread. No one said this is a crime, and no one has said they think Sterling should go to jail. Why the hell do you keep bringing up jail?

"So jailing people for saying unpopular stuff would be OK with you?"

If thats how you feel the correct response is No.
OK, how about fining people for saying racist or otherwise unpopular things? Are you OK with that? Because that is exactly what the NBA did.

The NBA has their own set of rules. Sterling didn't go by them. They acted in their own best interest.

PUNT!

During the McCarthy Era Hollywood films had blacklists of writers and actors who were suspected communists. They were effectively shut out of working.
Are you OK with that sort of blacklist for people who express disagreeable opinions?

If thats how you feel the correct response is No.
OK, how about fining people for saying racist or otherwise unpopular things? Are you OK with that? Because that is exactly what the NBA did.

The NBA has their own set of rules. Sterling didn't go by them. They acted in their own best interest.

PUNT!

During the McCarthy Era Hollywood films had blacklists of writers and actors who were suspected communists. They were effectively shut out of working.
Are you OK with that sort of blacklist for people who express disagreeable opinions?

Ad hominem. Communists came in all colors. Try something that is relevant.

Why does that matter?

Assuming Silver told you privately why he is doing it.

Why does it matter? We are talking about BILLIONS of dollars!

Of whos money? Are you on Sterling's payroll?

What's your effing point? This is a big deal because it is front page news and affects a lot of people's lives.

It's a very important topic, are you trying to say that I should not care because it isn't MY MONEY?

Why does it matter? We are talking about BILLIONS of dollars!

What's your effing point? This is a big deal because it is front page news and affects a lot of people's lives.

It's a very important topic, are you trying to say that I should not care because it isn't MY MONEY?

My effing point is that Sterling decided to break his contract. He alone made that decision. Are you saying he shouldnt pay consequences because he is wealthy?

BTW its not important. You wont see any of the money regardless of what happens.

PUNT!

Punting once again - yards are tough to come by when you're on the wrong side.

My effing point is that Sterling decided to break his contract. He alone made that decision. Are you saying he shouldnt pay consequences because he is wealthy?

BTW its not important. You wont see any of the money regardless of what happens.

how did he break his contract?

PUNT!

Rabbi attempted to punt. I'm still waiting for him to come with a relevant question.

By putting the league in danger of losing revenue. I thought everyone knew that already?

Rabbi attempted to punt. I'm still waiting for him to come with a relevant question.

You just ignored the relevant question.

Are you OK with an industry or even a business adopting a black list of people they will not hire or do business with based solely on their making unpopular statements?

He did not decide to "break his contract" he had no interest in selling the team. That decision was made for him by a woman scorned who was out to ruin the guy. I'm not a fan of his for sure, but a private conversation forces a a sale of two billion dollars? That's insanity.

Anyone who thinks that decision was a just and necessary one needs to stay away from jury duty.

By putting the league in danger of losing revenue. I thought everyone knew that already?

Not in the least. That's very difficult to even begin to suggest.

Forum List

Back